Last trip to Europe for a while, what to do?

I have been working under a contract with a Danish company which is ending in March so the trip I take in February may be my last European trip for a while and I am trying to decide what to do. I will be in Denmark for two weeks but just one weekend so I am thinking about taking off Friday to give me a long weekend to explore.

I have done a weekend in Berlin and have had one trip to Paris and DLP. Since I will be by myself I am not sure that I will enjoy going back to DLP by myself (I have gone to Disneyland, USA and WDW by myself with mixed results) but since I may not make it back for a loooong time I might just do it.

What other ideas might be fun? I could probably drive to Amsterdam or head up to Stockholm. A flight to the UK would also be an option (and I even know the language) but my wife might not like me going there without her
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland

• is satisfactual.

Re: Last trip to Europe for a while, what to do?

That's a tough one. Personally, I would definitely go for Disneyland Paris and/or London, but then I don't mind going to a Disney park by myself. (One please!) Also, European cities are a highly personal affair. I don't get why people love Berlin (could there be more kebab?), others repulse at the thought of dirty old London. Although everyone loves Barcelona. Which is only two hours away by plane...

Oh and about knowing the language... You really don't have to worry about that within Germanic and Scandinavian Europe. Everyone speaks English.

Ah well, have fun anyway.

As Northern European Countries has been very cold this past weeks i should recomend Spain .

Madrid is good but Barcelona is better . Very Cultural City and Hotels and Foods are cheap compared to Denmark .
    Last edited by DLRP_bopazot; 01-10-2009 at 04:27 AM.

• Banned User

I would go to Canary Islands or Majorca.

Well, it it is leaning towards a couple of days at Disney and a quick day in Paris. My wife and I have been there together so it is not like she will be missing out on something if I go somewhere we have not visited before.

Hopefully it will not be too cold (2nd weekend of February), the last time I was there was Christmas 2007 and everything was frozen (which was went well with all of the Christmas decorations but was freezing cold).

I also hope they have a tour in English one of the days. I have heard the tour at DLP is not as good as some at WDW or DL but when you are by yourself a tour is a nice way to feel part of a group. I had a great time in WDW by myself and the tour had a lot to do with it.
    Maybe you folks can tell me though. Does gettin' two womenfolk mean you're the winner or the loser?
    ~Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland