Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 2012 New Water Attraction for Disneyland Paris !

Remeber that Disney is attempting to turn The Lone Ranger into another movie franchise (with Johnny "My Castle is in France" Depp). And there was the now abandoned attempt to make a store-bought raft ride into 'Pirates of the Caribbean' for Hong Kong Disneyland. It's not that much of a stretch to see how something that cheap & brand-friendly has already been suggested for Disneyland Paris (and other Disney parks was well - rides made in bulk are cheaper).

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Seriously, I've heard that a Western River themed Splash Mountain is under consideration for Paris.
    And where did you read that ?

As much as I would love to see any kind of western river adaptation, every body here is closely monitoring Disney blogs and I personnaly have never heard of it.

You would make my day by stating a source
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Geoff London

I just can't see this. Did you see the recent photos taken at the park? A frozen moat around the castle - the Rivers of the Far West completely frozen over. The last thing I want is to be doused Splash Mountain style in the depths of a European winter. Any serious water ride would have to be indoors so it wasn't closed for half the year. And in this recession they aren't going to fork out money on something that only operates for half the year. As for a Western River experience - you have it. It's called Big Thunder Mesa and is the whole focal point of Frontierland (look up the story).
    What we do need is an E ticket thrill ride. Get rid of that pathetic Indiana Jones coaster and sort out that area of the park and why not something new rather than replicating an existing ride? Water just isn't going to feature - please get real!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That would be lovely but considering the cold weather in the winter, I would much rather they did ride in a mostly indoor setting and without minimal splashing, if at all.
    If the ride is designed, I would imagine that Disney would take the seasonal climates into consideration. Through the use of external transparent domes (or something along those lines), they could easily shield riders from wintery cold blight - if they chose to.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
    It is just one of the possibilities. Another one is the long awaited Indiana Jones ride. Which I really hope for, as for Adventureland really needs an E-ticket. Especially in the Temple du Peril corner of Adventureland. It's kind of dead space over there.

However the mentioned Western edition of Splash Mountain is unique (The Indy ride not anymore). Hopefully it is based on the old Western ride which never made it to any park.
    Hope that Paris gets the long awaited Indy. You certainly deserve to have one. Only, I would hope that an original theme would be given to the ride. The Indy themes at DL and Tokyo are different.

Quote Originally Posted by jacoaster View Post
    Now THAT would be a superb addition to Disneyland Park. I would absolutely love to see that happen.

Sadly I'm struggling to believe this rumour though. The plans for the next few years is just toons, Pixar, and thrill rides, and this is the first I've heard of something different.

I'll believe it when I see it...
    Keep believing. Things have a way of changing. Just never know when a positive change will occur.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-01-2009 at 09:02 AM.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBibi View Post
    And where did you read that ?

As much as I would love to see any kind of western river adaptation, every body here is closely monitoring Disney blogs and I personnaly have never heard of it.

You would make my day by stating a source
    This is on account of the fact that the rumor hasn't been in recent blogs. It was in the news at the same time that a Pirates/Splash Mountain hybrid was announced as a possibility for Hong Kong Disneyland. It's looking more and more like that will become a reality within a few years.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    I just can't see this. Did you see the recent photos taken at the park? A frozen moat around the castle - the Rivers of the Far West completely frozen over. The last thing I want is to be doused Splash Mountain style in the depths of a European winter. Any serious water ride would have to be indoors so it wasn't closed for half the year. And in this recession they aren't going to fork out money on something that only operates for half the year. As for a Western River experience - you have it. It's called Big Thunder Mesa and is the whole focal point of Frontierland (look up the story).
    What we do need is an E ticket thrill ride. Get rid of that pathetic Indiana Jones coaster and sort out that area of the park and why not something new rather than replicating an existing ride? Water just isn't going to feature - please get real!
    I certainly wish the best for the Paris Resort. Many of your Disneyland attractions are quite unique as it stands. Can't wait to visit! Let's hope that you get more than one new E-ticket sometime within the next few years. One can certainly hope.

• is satisfactual.

It sounds exciting, but as all this talk of store-bought flume rides is proving, Disney hasn't exactly shown itself capable of creating top-notch original E-Tickets lately.

I would obviously (<) vote for Splash Mountain, personally, but surely a park whose busiest time of year frequently involves ice and snow is indeed not ready for the existing version of this ride (re-themed or not). Moreover, someone recently posted something about the company that made the ride systems for Splash having gone out of business. So would they build one from scratch and modify it for the weather? It sounds a little bit too 1992-style Utopian to me.

As for Western River Expedition... Well, if it was too daunting and expensive for 1970, surely poor Euro Disney circa now isn't up to that one either, but that's stating the obvious.

Indy would seem a far more logical choice for Disneyland Paris' next E-ticket. Wouldn't it..?
    Last edited by pussnboots; 01-22-2009 at 07:39 PM.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Another Voice View Post
    Remeber that Disney is attempting to turn The Lone Ranger into another movie franchise (with Johnny "My Castle is in France" Depp). And there was the now abandoned attempt to make a store-bought raft ride into 'Pirates of the Caribbean' for Hong Kong Disneyland. It's not that much of a stretch to see how something that cheap & brand-friendly has already been suggested for Disneyland Paris (and other Disney parks was well - rides made in bulk are cheaper).
    So, a prefabricated flume ride turned into Pirates for Hong Kong (cheap), then turned into some cowboy ride for Paris, possibly latching on to a new Johnny Depp franchise (cheaper). Hmmm, that sounds likelier indeed!

Why was the Hong Kong thing abandoned? It seems so perfect for it.

• Minion

A major new non-movie-based e-ticket? I doubt it. Though if they do build anything like a WRE...I would make a trip across the pond for that.
    Down with the Hat

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It sounds exciting, but as all this talk of store-bought flume rides is proving, Disney hasn't exactly shown itself capable of creating top-notch original E-Tickets lately.
    Really? May I remind you of TDS' JTTCOTE, 20K, and Sindbad? Great revisions of Indy and TOT at the same park... Or how about TDL's Hunny Hunt?
    Just to name a few of the latest e-ticket efforts not seen outside Japan.

Indy would seem a far more logical choice for Disneyland Paris' next E-ticket. Wouldn't it..?
    It would, as long as they fix that entire corner of Adventureland and expand it.

How about ice mountain. It would be similar to splash mountain, but they will cover it with white for snow and flume would be frozen water but have tracks hidden on the sides of the flume where logs or some other type of ride vehicle.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Really? May I remind you of TDS' JTTCOTE, 20K, and Sindbad? Great revisions of Indy and TOT at the same park... Or how about TDL's Hunny Hunt?
    Just to name a few of the latest e-ticket efforts not seen outside Japan.

It would, as long as they fix that entire corner of Adventureland and expand it.
    Not to mention StormRider, Raging Spirits, and it's own awsome version of Big Thunder Railroad.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-23-2009 at 01:14 AM.

How about we just say Tokyo DisneySea all together is the best Disney park in the world.
    Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Visited/Future Visits:

Disneyland Resort: 1987, 1989, 1992, 1994, 2000, 2011, 2014

Walt Disney World Resort: ???

Tokyo Disney Resort: 2009

Disneyland Resort Paris: ???

Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: ???

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by TDRFAN25 View Post
    How about we just say Tokyo DisneySea all together is the best Disney park in the world.
    YAY!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast