Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Rock The World

Exclamation Starbucks, Disney Village - construction begins!

According to Grandmath, the omniscient webmaster of Disney Central Plaza, the Buffallo Trading Post closed its doors for the last time yesterday. The shop (which has a view into the pre-show area of the Buffallo Bill Wild West Show) will now be gutted and transformed into a Starbucks, which should be open in time for the summer season.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: Starbucks, Disney Village - construction begins!

A Starbucks...tres chic!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Senior Minion

At least DLP will now have overpriced coffee that tastes like something other than mud ("yes sir, it was ground this morning!")
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ At least something on a Disney property will serve decent coffee for a change. I won't even touch that disgusting NesCafe crap they try to pass off as coffee in the US parks. Right now my only alternative is the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian at WDW for some awesome, authentic 100% Kona coffee. Or I go to the Starbucks at the nearby outlet mall.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    At least DLP will now have overpriced coffee that tastes like something other than mud ("yes sir, it was ground this morning!")
    I'll have to remember that one... Isn't that from an old Hannah Barbera cartoon?

But yes, woohoo. It will finally be possible to start the day with something strong enough to obscure the bottom of the cup.

• Rock The World

Hopefully it'll prove such a success that we'll finally end up with something similar inside the parks.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    Hopefully it'll prove such a success that we'll finally end up with something similar inside the parks.
    Haven't they already done that, kind of? There's the new coffee place in the Studios where you can pick a syrup and a topping for your coffee although that's obviously the most mileage you can get out of Nescafe instant coffee...

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    I'll have to remember that one... Isn't that from an old Hannah Barbera cartoon?
    Possibly but I got it from the Muppets - to be exact, an episode of 'Vetrinarian's Hospital' ("the continuing stoooooory of a quack who's gone to the dogs!")
    Last edited by nathan detroit; 01-26-2009 at 02:08 PM.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I would suggest that Nestle is far too big a sposor of both DLP and Disney in general for that to ever happen.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I would suggest that Nestle is far too big a sposor of both DLP and Disney in general for that to ever happen.
    Nestle are the makers of Nespresso. I have one of their machines and it makes the finest coffee I know.

Why oh why oh why can they not have real coffee somewhere in the park? Nestle can do it (the day my Nespresso machine dies I shall cry real tears). People would buy it (I would easily pay the extra, the times I have got a coffee having forgotten how awful it was last time. In November they were giving away vouchers with other purchases in the cafes for a hot drink. I wouldn't even have the coffee when it was free.)

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    In November they were giving away vouchers with other purchases in the cafes for a hot drink. I wouldn't even have the coffee when it was free.)
    Same here. The prospect of even a free cup of Main Street Coffee (which is how I always seem to remember the stuff) wasn't enough to entice me to actually pour the stuff into my mouth. I'd rather take the train to Val d'Europe and buy myself an espresso.

Quick update on the refit of the Buffalo Trading Co. - Disney are currently moving the stock into the Disneyland Park (and backstage warehouses). The whole unit should be empty by tomorrow, and Starbucks will begin moving in on Monday. Estimated opening date = April.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

This totally sucks, but the Europeans (management and guests) are clueless. At the same time Stupid Mikey is being incorporated into Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    This totally sucks, but the Europeans (management and guests) are clueless. At the same time Stupid Mikey is being incorporated into Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show.
    I'm all in favour of some decent coffee in the Disney Village, even if I do have to pay Starbucks' near-criminal prices for it.

I'm far less enthusiastic about Mickey appearing in Buffallo Bill's Wild West Show, however. For one thing, I was really surprised to learn that Guest satisfaction had been slipping - the show has been consistently popular for seventeen years now. Still, I guess it was bound to start looking a bit tired sooner or later. But is throwing Mickey into the mix really the way to go? I'd rather see the whole show retired and something brand new (like Zorro or, in a perfect world, Cirque du Soleil) in its place.

• Senior Minion

Although a fan of the toons (much to dave's bemusment!), I too strongly object to Mickey appearing in BBWWS.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Reminds me more of a Black Adder 4 scetch.

I'm far less enthusiastic about Mickey appearing in Buffallo Bill's Wild West Show, however. For one thing, I was really surprised to learn that Guest satisfaction had been slipping - the show has been consistently popular for seventeen years now.
    I have to admit I'm a bit concern over if adding Mickey into the mix is the right move to make. But for all we know maybe one of the biggest complaints about the show is that it doesn't feature Mickey.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast