Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Track-less Ratatouille Dark Ride and New Toon Studio Rides Underway?

I know the movie was pretty popular (especially in Europe) and I personally loved it, but will it stand the test of time to be turned into a ride five years after its release?
    Yeah I feel it will stand the test of time. Crush didn't debut until about 4 years after the movie came out but its popularity speaks for itself. I know Management are hoping to release Toy Story 3 during the same time Toy Story land opens, but both Toy Story Mania attractions are very popular at both DCA and DHS with a third rumoured to be built at TDS in a few years, and these attractions did not have the movie to help promote it.

However I'm thinking it may be a better idea to scrap the Ratatouille dark ride and build Toy Story Mania instead, as part of the Toy Story land/mess.

• No honestly it is me

It is worth noting that Ratatouille was the most successful Pixar film outside America since finding Nemo in 2003, it made more money than the Incredibles, Monsters Inc and Cars! As we know the film was particularly sucessfull in France and the rest of Europe so a ride based on this film is the perfect idea.

It's great that Paris is getting an original E-ticket based on arguably one of Pixars most charming and underated films. This will be the first original E-ticket the Resort has received since Space Mountain back in 1995!

I am really looking forward to this ride as I believe it will could well become a classic Disney story telling attraction, a good quality dark ride which the whole family can enjoy whether they are fans of Ratouille or not.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Yeah I feel it will stand the test of time. Crush didn't debut until about 4 years after the movie came out but its popularity speaks for itself. I know Management are hoping to release Toy Story 3 during the same time Toy Story land opens, but both Toy Story Mania attractions are very popular at both DCA and DHS with a third rumoured to be built at TDS in a few years, and these attractions did not have the movie to help promote it.

However I'm thinking it may be a better idea to scrap the Ratatouille dark ride and build Toy Story Mania instead, as part of the Toy Story land/mess.
    Ratatouille will stand the test of time in Europe. As much as I love Toy Story Mania, I don't want to see clones of it everywhere. Perhaps the same midway type of games and ride system could be applied to another theme.

On another note, perhaps Disney intends to a Toy Story Mania later on as an anchor attraction. This would make sense as DCA's A Bug's Land has an anchor of sorts - It's Tough To BE A Bug (4-D show).

Quote Originally Posted by yesitsme View Post
    It is worth noting that Ratatouille was the most successful Pixar film outside America since finding Nemo in 2003, it made more money than the Incredibles, Monsters Inc and Cars! As we know the film was particularly sucessfull in France and the rest of Europe so a ride based on this film is the perfect idea.

It's great that Paris is getting an original E-ticket based on arguably one of Pixars most charming and underated films. This will be the first original E-ticket the Resort has received since Space Mountain back in 1995!

I am really looking forward to this ride as I believe it will could well become a classic Disney story telling attraction, a good quality dark ride which the whole family can enjoy whether they are fans of Ratouille or not.
    Oui! Oui! Viva le originality!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 02-03-2009 at 03:43 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Not to mention the unique aroma of the Paris sewer system!
    Just throw in some buiscuts to that delectable sewer soup and we've got ouselves a tasty gourmet meal.

• King of Los Angeles

I don't think filling this part of the studios with off-the-shelf carnival rides is going to fix what's wrong with this park. I like, the pixar studios theme,a nd I think it works in DHS with strong theminga round it. One would imagine a trip to Pixar Studios with characters running around everywhere. That said. the theme is very tied together. WDS is putting these rides in for rides sake without what appears to be no cohesive thought. That said. I'd love to see this part of the studios get the Pixar archway, and the ratatouille ride sounds amazing. Save the money on Toy Story and bring a quality dark ride, TSMM or other to this part of the lot. Use the money on theming, and this area will surely shape up to be top notch.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    I don't think filling this part of the studios with off-the-shelf carnival rides is going to fix what's wrong with this park. I like, the pixar studios theme,a nd I think it works in DHS with strong theminga round it. One would imagine a trip to Pixar Studios with characters running around everywhere. That said. the theme is very tied together. WDS is putting these rides in for rides sake without what appears to be no cohesive thought. That said. I'd love to see this part of the studios get the Pixar archway, and the ratatouille ride sounds amazing. Save the money on Toy Story and bring a quality dark ride, TSMM or other to this part of the lot. Use the money on theming, and this area will surely shape up to be top notch.
    Like the rides at DCA's mega-popular Bug's Land and DisneySea's Mermaid Grotto, the ride systems will be the only componant of the attractions that are off the shelf. The externally visual rides themselves will be highly themed. In addithion, Ratatouille will be completely designrd by Disney - ride system and all.

• Rock The World

True enough, but I don't think Disney ever intended to fix the parks problems with these three small rides. They're a stop-gap, added to boost capacity cheaply and quickly until the Imagineers can whip up something more substantial.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    True enough, but I don't think Disney ever intended to fix the parks problems with these three small rides. They're a stop-gap, added to boost capacity cheaply and quickly until the Imagineers can whip up something more substantial.
    Yes, but unfortunately these 'temporary stop-gaps' seem to end up staying waaaay longer than they were seemingly initially designed to be (see Mickey's Toontown Fair)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Personally I feel the money being used for Toy Story land could be put to better use like improving the other side of the Studios. With the good job Imagineers did on the Toon Studios area and the Hollywood blv, I was starting to think this park was heading in the right direction, but now I'm not so sure!

• King of Los Angeles

Well, theoretically every Disney Park will eventually "get there". When Disneyland was built, there were several off-the-shelf rides. As space becomes valuable, these rides are replaced with E-Tickets. So in time each park will evolve. I still think One-solid D ticket is better than three B tickets.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Well, theoretically every Disney Park will eventually "get there". When Disneyland was built, there were several off-the-shelf rides. As space becomes valuable, these rides are replaced with E-Tickets. So in time each park will evolve. I still think One-solid D ticket is better than three B tickets.
    Especially if there are few D-ticket rides in a park.

• Senior Minion

Since the addition of Crush and Cars (and Toon Studios in general), WDS has evolved. Sadly, many see the addition of TSL as a sign of devolution.
    Me? I think that anything that brings in the crowds (and TSL will doubtlessly do that) can't be all bad. An increased turnover at WDS means more investment in it in the long term.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Difference is DLRP is independant and does not have the deep pockets of the Walt Disney Company to spend money on brand new attractions. The company is thanks to poor previous Management decisions strugling to break even, so every new attraction really does matter. DLRP is not like the US parks where we can recieve multi million pound payouts to fix up our parks, any hand outs given puts the company further in debt.

• is satisfactual.

Since the addition of Crush and Cars (and Toon Studios in general), WDS has evolved. Sadly, many see the addition of TSL as a sign of devolution.
    Me? I think that anything that brings in the crowds (and TSL will doubtlessly do that) can't be all bad. An increased turnover at WDS means more investment in it in the long term.
    Long term indeed. That's a big part of the problem. Last year, the word on the street was that the Hollywood Boulevard beautification project was soon to be extended all over the park. And they'd make sure to stay away from another set of "gap years." Oh, and since all Disney hotels were fully booked for commendable lengths of time, they were going to build another Disney hotel. It seemed only logical.

It now turns out that the only thing they're actually, seriously planning to build within a three year time frame is this cluster of spinning rides and another third party hotel (the Balkanotel Group's Magic Dreamland Hotel or similar).

It's just a little disheartening.

• Rock The World

Devolution? Like the Welsh Assembly? Maybe Toon Studios is going to declare independence - goodness knows it has nothing in common with the rest of the park.

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Last year, the word on the street was that the Hollywood Boulevard beautification project was soon to be extended all over the park. And they'd make sure to stay away from another set of "gap years." Oh, and since all Disney hotels were fully booked for commendable lengths of time, they were going to build another Disney hotel. It seemed only logical.

It now turns out that the only thing they're actually, seriously planning to build within a three year time frame is this cluster of spinning rides and another third party hotel (the Balkanotel Group's Magic Dreamland Hotel or similar).

It's just a little disheartening.
    Too true, although as far as I know the beautification project is still on the cards, but has been suspended until the financial crisis evens out a bit. With any luck, the addition of TSL will be just the shot in the arm the resort management needs to go ahead and invest in a prettier park.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast