Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disney studios?

Disney studios?

Okay,

im going to disney studios in paris. and i was wondering in june/july if the queues will be really long or not?

Thanks

Re: Disney studios?

Sorry i didnt phrase that very well.

I meant do you think the time of year will make the queues long? in june/july?

Because ive been in march last year and the longest queue was 15 mins!

Please reply.

The queues will be long, especially on weekends. When I went in October on a weekend Tower of Terror was 80 minutes and Crush was 90 minutes, even Rock 'n Roller Coaster was 45 minutes. And that was October and not the height of summer season! So expect some lines.

• RnRCj

July will be busy pretty much all month. June will probably pretty quiet on weekdays, I would've thought. Avoid any weekends.

• Banned User

Blame the long lines on Fastpass. If there was no Fastpass, everyone would wait less time in a regular line. Just imagine who long a stand by line would be at Crush's Coaster if they had Fastpass!!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Blame the long lines on Fastpass. If there was no Fastpass, everyone would wait less time in a regular line. Just imagine who long a stand by line would be at Crush's Coaster if they had Fastpass!!
    The same old nonsensical argument about FP? Puh-lease, change the record!
    FP may favour the people with sense and knowledge (as do most things in life - and rightly so) but how can it make lines longer? The same amount of people are visiting the attraction, it just means that the less clued-up (or dumber or less lucky) guests have to wait longer. Taking advantage of FP is the same as getting out of bed and to the park early or utilising Extra Magic Hours - anyone can do it, its just that many chose not to or can't be bothered to. Their loss.
    Vive le Passe Faste!*

*Pardon my 'French'!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

You should be banned off France for such bad french!! :P

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    The same old nonsensical argument about FP? Puh-lease, change the record!
    FP may favour the people with sense and knowledge (as do most things in life - and rightly so) but how can it make lines longer? The same amount of people are visiting the attraction, it just means that the less clued-up (or dumber or less lucky) guests have to wait longer. Taking advantage of FP is the same as getting out of bed and to the park early or utilising Extra Magic Hours - anyone can do it, its just that many chose not to or can't be bothered to. Their loss.
    Vive le Passe Faste!*

*Pardon my 'French'!
    After reading up on the Crush's Coaster fast pass trials I can see how it does make queuing longer for the people without fastpasses, but it will always be a balancing act. I love fastpasses because I can get one for Big Thunder Mountain, go do Phantom Manor and come back. It hasn't made it any quicker to get on BTM but I haven't had to stand in a queue as long.

There are positivies and negatives to fast pass, I think it is pointless on Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast as most of the times when I go the queue only extends to the exit of the main building so fast pass misses none of the queue.

Overall I am glad there is Fast Pass and would miss it if it went but I can see its faults.

• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

While visiting a Resort like Tokyo you could blame the waits on FastPass, at DLRP FastPass really is not the issue, as the windows are shorter. The long waits are thanks to both parks not having enough attractions to meet demand. Another reason while Toy Story land could be a mistake, because while you are giving Guest more attractions, these carnival rides have such low capacity and it will result in long wait times.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    After reading up on the Crush's Coaster fast pass trials I can see how it does make queuing longer for the people without fastpasses,.
    Not early in the morning. Think how many people grab a fastpass and walk away! But then again, isn't that something people often forget about fastpass? I'm with you, overall good, and I'd miss it.

For my recent visit, I was glad to not see fastpass on Crush - we didnt' show up until 2pm, and surely they would have all been gone. We eventually queued up for a reasonable 45 minute wait. If there had been fastpass, our laziness would surely have been punished!
    www.gregscoasterphotos.com <- Go there, it's good!

Well, to continue the off-topic discussion on Fastpasses...

Are Fastpass times strictly enforced at Disneyland Paris Resort? I know here in the States--at least at Disneyland (Anaheim) and DCA--that only the return time is enforced, but not the "window" end time. In other words, if you get a Fastpass that says to return between 1:20 and 2:20 pm, they will not let you use the pass before 1:20--but they WILL let you use the pass anytime after 1:20. You can arrive before 2:20, or really anytime that day--3:30, 6:00, 11:00...whatever. So only the initial return time and date are checked.

So, do the Paris parks enforce the end time as well?

Just avoid weekends...
    Music is my LIFE!!!

• Banned User

Knossh... your pictures are very nice but, you could add your opinions/comments on the topic at hand as well.

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Here's some pics- yes, I'm flogging my blog: Insights and Sounds: Paris Side Trip
    Last edited by mark; 03-12-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 500 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast