Quick DLRP Updates ! Feb 1 ! While MC 4th Anniversary across the Atlantic !

Walls around the Hub for the new Scene are getting themeing woohoo !

A Closer view of the wall !

What a Beautiful day at Disneyland Paris !

Toy Story Land ? constructions behind tram tour what we can see from the park .

A NEw Volt Poster on the other side of the Studio 1 Bulding !

Play House Disney Live On Stage are still under construction !

I hope you enjoy the Quick Disneyland Paris update ?

• Senior Minion

Re: Quick DLRP Updates ! Feb 1 ! While MC 4th Anniversary across the Atlantic !

Ah to be there and see all of the barriers and half-way-through constructions!

At least an effort has been made to make the barriers look pretty with the characters although I suspect its still a bit of an eye-sore.

And the Volt poster (Bolt in English of course!) is a lot less obtrusive than previous Cars, Ratatouille and Chicken Little advertising on Studio 1. Is the other side (facing the gates) still bill-board free?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• World Traveler

Thanks for the great photos! Where was the snow?

• is satisfactual.

Volt! I love that. Thanks for the update!

Yet the Central Plaza situation is slightly sombering, with the prospect of a huge, sprawling, permanent stage, rendering this truly a distant memory, another year's Main Street dipped in treacle, then covered in sprinkles and no castle refurbishment planned at all.

I really really hope they don't have another gimmicky celebration planned for next year, and come to their senses about the other things.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 02-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.

• Rock The World

That's a truly stunning photo. Thanks, Puss!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    That's a truly stunning photo. Thanks, Puss!
    Yes, I thought so too. All the pictures in those early guidebooks are gorgeous — I suppose that in the absence of Photoshop, they had to make do with great angles and sunny days.

There's also this feeling that they wanted to really show off the park in all its glory, rather than just happy kids with rubberheads. Perhaps the thrill wore off.

Hmmm, wouldn't it be great if these things were on Flickr? Anyone with a large stack of old Euro Disney memorabilia and a lot of free time?

• Sugar & Spice

Blog Entries

Cool pics! It's always fun to see what is going on at other parks across the world. Thank you for sharing!
    <3 There are a million cupcakes in the world but only one is Cupcake Terror. <3

I AM THE REBEL SPY.

Volt LOL.

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Volt! I love that. Thanks for the update!

Yet the Central Plaza situation is slightly sombering, with the prospect of a huge, sprawling, permanent stage, rendering this truly a distant memory, another year's Main Street dipped in treacle, then covered in sprinkles and no castle refurbishment planned at all.
    I don't remember ever seeing the hub empty like that.
    I remember the 15th Aniversary stage from my last 2 visits, a huge pumpkin before that and on other trips I'm not sure.

I am reserving judgment about the new stage until I see pictures at least. I am sure Disney can do it well, it is just a shame to see the castle stage, the fantasy stage last time I was there and now the Hyperion Theatre (not sure if that is its name, Where the Lion King was) all empty.

I presume the Christmas show has now closed so are there any shows on in Disneyland Park right now?

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing the hub empty like that.
    I remember the 15th Aniversary stage from my last 2 visits, a huge pumpkin before that and on other trips I'm not sure.

I am reserving judgment about the new stage until I see pictures at least. I am sure Disney can do it well, it is just a shame to see the castle stage, the fantasy stage last time I was there and now the Hyperion Theatre (not sure if that is its name, Where the Lion King was) all empty.

I presume the Christmas show has now closed so are there any shows on in Disneyland Park right now?
    My personal guess is that they have become rather enamored with this "celebration" formula; the one where they think of a catchy name, plaster something on the all-purpose banner poles along Main Street and have a big show in the hub where everyone can see it. It makes for good marketing and it's a lot cheaper than having five tiny shows tucked away in corners of the park where some people might actually miss them.

In the early '90s, as I noticed while looking for that photograph, brochures would boast long, confusing lists of special features, all modest and in keeping with the lands' themes. They can-canned at the Lucky Nugget, tam-tammed in Adventureland and zim-zala-bimmed at the Theatre du Chateau. Nobody came.
    Now, they can slam Mickey Mouse in a party hat on the cover, concentrate all entertainment needs into four minutes of rubberhead twirling and the park is a huge success.

TDLFan would be happy because they removed all 15th anniversary Banners from Main-Street USA . yay !

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    TDLFan would be happy because they removed all 15th anniversary Banners from Main-Street USA . yay !
    In reality, I had no issues with the banners and they served a purpose for the anniversary, plus they lit up at night nicely which is something they would not spend money on at WDW to do. But I did have an issue with the 15th anniversary celebration staying until the 17th anniversary. Reason why the banners needed to go.

I however would be much happier if they stopped putting bad giant movie poster advertizement at the front and back of the Studios 1 building.

And thank you Puss for sharing that postcard photo of the Hub at DLP. So nice to see the park when it looked it's best.. colorful and clean, before management stopped the upkeep and the guests came it and used the flower beds as sit down/trample areas, and didn't litter the park with their rubbish..

My personal guess is that they have become rather enamored with this "celebration" formula
    That to me, is a WDW marketing initiative that comes in handy when the parks actually have nothing new to offer that would merit people going there for repeat visits. Like the current (and very thinly bland) "Celebrate Today" stuff they are doing at WDW and DLR. Yes, I will go to the MK and 'celebrate' that come late spring, both Universal FL and Sea World will open new coaster attractions, while WDW offers absolutely nothing new for 2009.
    Heck! I would have welcomed Mickey's Magical Party at the MK instead of this "Celebrate Today" crap they are shoving down FL guests' throats. Althought if that had been the case, I am sure the MK version of this would have been a terribly watered down version of the Paris show.