Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• is satisfactual.

Re: Mickey's Magical Party Preview!

Europop and Disneyland Paris have a long, fruitful history together, and it seems they haven't parted yet.

• Senior Minion

So we see Minnie's Character Train (a re-branded Character Express), the cars from Stars and Motor Cars (now that looks promising but hardly 'new'), Playhouse Disney Live (cute), DJ Stitch (oh dear, where art thou Simba?) and a faux rehearsal for some pop-tastic crap-tacular.

And all set on a background of a rather damp January morning at the castle.

Hmmm...

Let's hope that the decorations are nice at least.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Nice Video ! Thanks for sharing !

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    So we see Minnie's Character Train (a re-branded Character Express), the cars from Stars and Motor Cars (now that looks promising but hardly 'new'), Playhouse Disney Live (cute), DJ Stitch (oh dear, where art thou Simba?) and a faux rehearsal for some pop-tastic crap-tacular.

And all set on a background of a rather damp January morning at the castle.

Hmmm...

Let's hope that the decorations are nice at least.
    Looks as bad as any Frank Sinatra movie, doesn't it?

But I feel such pitty for the french getting inferior WDW shows like the stupic cavalcade of cars and that silly puppet show from the Disney Channel. I have to admit, the europop song does nothing for me. Too Disney Channel for my taste.

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

But I feel such pitty for the french getting inferior WDW shows like the stupic cavalcade of cars and that silly puppet show from the Disney Channel. I have to admit, the europop song does nothing for me. Too Disney Channel for my taste.
    I have yet to see either the Stars 'n' Cars parade or Playhouse Disney for myself, so I'll have to reserve judgment. But surely they're automatically better than what WDS had before - the lamentable Disney Channel Tour (that quite literally felt like an insult to the intelligence) and the so-so Cinema Parade. It all feels like a step in the right direction. (Here's hoping I'm right!)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

According to DLRPMagic.com the europop song on the video is a remix that will be used as part of the Stitch thing. The event in main street will be the same song but less...ummm...errr..rubish.

Really hoping this is all going to feel better when in place. Here's hoping that they don't extend this if it is as bad as we feel it might be.

I'm just goning to have to visit to find out!

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    DJ Stitch (oh dear, where art thou Simba?)
    I presume the windows he is in front of are the ones above the entrance to the Visionarium. What is actually in there? It says something about radio up there in the cafe seating area but never seen anything going on.

Back on topic, I kinda like the character express so it is nice they are keeping and updating it, No idea what the new shows will involve but I really will miss the Lion King. I saw that show almost every day on most of my trips to Disneyland Paris.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    I presume the windows he is in front of are the ones above the entrance to the Visionarium. What is actually in there? It says something about radio up there in the cafe seating area but never seen anything going on.

Back on topic, I kinda like the character express so it is nice they are keeping and updating it, No idea what the new shows will involve but I really will miss the Lion King. I saw that show almost every day on most of my trips to Disneyland Paris.
    I've recently been listening to my soundtrack from LOTLK and must admit to feeling slightly depressed that it has disappeared.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    I have yet to see either the Stars 'n' Cars parade or Playhouse Disney for myself, so I'll have to reserve judgment. But surely they're automatically better than what WDS had before - the lamentable Disney Channel Tour (that quite literally felt like an insult to the intelligence) and the so-so Cinema Parade. It all feels like a step in the right direction. (Here's hoping I'm right!)
    Well, this is only a matter of opinion. Some people will like it and some won't. Personally, I do like the "Cinema Parade" for what it is.. but is not my favorite.. but I have to be honest with you.. I like the Cinema Parade better than the Motorcade parade. I can stand by the side of anyhighway and see cars go by.. so why should I do that at Disney?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

My understanding is the cars are not going to be used as part of a parade like at DHS, but as some sort of Meet & Greet. At various times of the day some of the cars will roll on stage with Characters before stopping for Guest to grab either a pic or autograph.

I don't like to pre-judge but it looks like the entertainment department at DLRP may have returned to the dark, pre 15th Anniversary days. If this is in any way representative of what we can expect from this event I'll be doing my best to avoid it.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dad View Post
    I don't like to pre-judge but it looks like the entertainment department at DLRP may have returned to the dark, pre 15th Anniversary days. If this is in any way representative of what we can expect from this event I'll be doing my best to avoid it.
    Hear hear. I recently learned, though, that the entertainment department has never stopped being incompetent, not for a moment. The reason the 15th Anniversary castle looked so wonderful is that Entertainment wasn't responsible for it.

Virtually anything awful you've ever seen at Disneyland Paris — the Pink Witches, badly drawn signage, the instantly regrettable upcoming Main Street pole decorations and just plain misguided decorating decisions — has their name on it. They are, and have always been, comically inept.

But we'll have to wait and see how this thing turns out, I suppose.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 02-09-2009 at 12:15 AM.

• Senior Minion

WTF?! Where on earth did that 'keep off the grass' sign come from? Seriously, it looks like a runner up in a 10-and-under design-a-sign for Disneyland competition.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Virtually anything awful you've ever seen at Disneyland Paris the Pink Witches, badly drawn signage, the instantly regrettable upcoming Main Street pole decorations and just plain misguided decorating decisions has their name on it. They are, and have always been, comically inept.

But we'll have to wait and see how this thing turns out, I suppose.
    Ouch! Doesn't Iger have some sort of quality control team that gets sent out to Tokyo every year, to make sure the Disney standard is being maintained? Could we ask them to arrange a stop-over in Paris on their next trip?
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast