Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    40

    Lightbulb Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    According to a member of Themepark (who happens to be a castmember as well) the Chapperal Theatre will be demolished. Tarzan as well as Mickey's winter wonderland will be cancelled. An exact date is not given, but Tarzan should end by the summer. This might be fuel for the rumoured Splash Mountain.

  2. #2

    • Surf's Up!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Well they won't knock it down for the sake of it, so that part has legs.


    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

  3. #3

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    I hope this rumour ends up false, DLRP has already taken a big hit this year loosing the Lion King, in favour of cheaper shows like DJ Stitch and Playhouse Disney. While the Chapperal theatre is not an ideal venue, it sure beats anywhere else in the park.

  4. #4

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    It is starting to look like Tarzan won't be humoring TDLFan this summer, at least. The other rumor is a little sketchier.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    91

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Interesting. I wonder how permanent the Chapperal was supposed to be anyway. The "From Sketch to Reality" book includes an aerial shot showing it with no roof.

    I also remember that the Fantasyland Theatre had no roof (or walls) during my first visit in 1994. Perhaps the imagineers didn't realise how damp Paris can be.

  6. #6

    • Surf's Up!
    • Online

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It is starting to look like Tarzan won't be humoring TDLFan this summer, at least. The other rumor is a little sketchier.
    The loss of said Tarzan is always lamentable.


    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Perfect with the dateline to be ready to open by 2012 for the DLP's 20th anniversary .

  8. #8

    • De la Terre la Luke
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Berkshire, UK
    Posts
    331

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    interesting... will wait with bated breath to see what happens!

  9. #9

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    151

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Mmm this is an interesting rumor, but a rumor it is. I have yet to see this reported on other sites so Im still on the fence about this.

    Demolished usually means it's being removed to make room for something else, it does not make sense to demolish something that wont be used. They would just leave it closed, so I have to wonder if this is true, what it's being demolished for. I find a splash mountain a hard pill to swallow because DLP can hardly afford that kind of investment at the moment, and things are going to get really bad if this global recession deepens, and by all accounts it is going to be very deep indeed. I would rather have a Indy Adventure ride anyway, but hey that really is pie in the sky thinking.

    On the flipside, DLP could get ask the WDC for the funding as we all know that Disney has said it will invest even during a global downturn, it's just more selective.

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Apparently according to DLRPToday it has been confirm that Tarzan will not be returning this year. Now that doesnt mean that the Chapperal Theatre will be demolished, but it does back up the ealier claim that Tarzan will be canceled. I actually think this is a massive step backwards to loose the two best stage shows at the park in favour of keeping weaker shows like Animagique going. Certainly a drop in quality, with replacements being Playhouse Disney and Stitch.

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Antwerp, Belgium, Belgium
    Posts
    92

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
    Mmm this is an interesting rumor, but a rumor it is. I have yet to see this reported on other sites so Im still on the fence about this.

    Demolished usually means it's being removed to make room for something else, it does not make sense to demolish something that wont be used. They would just leave it closed, so I have to wonder if this is true, what it's being demolished for. I find a splash mountain a hard pill to swallow because DLP can hardly afford that kind of investment at the moment, and things are going to get really bad if this global recession deepens, and by all accounts it is going to be very deep indeed. I would rather have a Indy Adventure ride anyway, but hey that really is pie in the sky thinking.

    On the flipside, DLP could get ask the WDC for the funding as we all know that Disney has said it will invest even during a global downturn, it's just more selective.
    Yes the economy is going very deep this year and probably next year.

    But when things come back to normal, Disney should be prepared. When people start spending money again, and they still have to build an E Ticket ride, when that one opens, the next recession is already there.

    They need to build now! This is the time to get the cheapest rates from buildingcompanies

  12. #12

    • Pirate - G'har!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    If it is demolished, I don't think it would be a great surprise if it was to build that water ride, but the loss of Tarzan is bad news. I didn't realise about the Lion King too. The only excuse would be replacing them with shows perfectly suited to the land they're in, but to be honest we can't expect that anymore. Even Woody's Round-up is a sore thumb and that's got cowboys. Yay for water attraction, nay for loss of good shows.

  13. #13

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Tarzan is coming back after all. It was going to be canceled, but they changed their minds, thankfully. However, it will only be performed during the high season.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,687

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Tarzan is coming back after all. It was going to be canceled, but they changed their minds, thankfully. However, it will only be performed during the high season.
    Disneyland Paris management is weird sometimes because they don't know what they re doing .

  15. #15

    • Pirate - G'har!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Bye bye Chapperal Theatre

    Hehe, quite. I'm glad it's coming back, a fun show with good music, but not as big a casualty as The Lion King unless they get something better in fast. Fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Best Theatre in Hollywood
    By Yackerz in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
  2. Kodak Theatre
    By Yackerz in forum So. Cal. Travel Planning
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 07:54 PM
  3. full theatre for DLR and TV ?
    By Unitedmagic in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2007, 04:45 PM
  4. Frontierland Theatre
    By Quacky4Donald in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2006, 11:37 AM
  5. Fantasyland Theatre
    By Tink Wink in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-10-2005, 10:24 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •