Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Mickey's Magical Party Website

Disneyland Resort Paris has launched a site for the upcoming Mickey's Magical Year You have all been warned.

• Senior Minion

Re: Mickey's Magical Party Website

Another DLP event, another bespoke website.

I must say that the design of this one is as good as ever and the Toonificator is a very nice touch.

Pity the advertising is all smoke and mirrors for an event that can hardly be described as 'special'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

To bump this thread up the daily news website DLRPToday.com has posted a couple of articles showing new decorations for Mickey's Magical Party including the Castle.

DLRP Today - Disneyland Resort Paris news, updates and magic everyday!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Meh.....
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• is satisfactual.

What Nathan said. It's not a bad-looking website, but it seems a little ambitious for what this event really is.

Of course, we all know by now that this is simply how Euro Disney operates; whenever they have a year without a new attraction, they need to make up a reason to advertise all over the Paris Metro stations. And they'll try anything. They've inverted a roller coaster, ruined another for the sake of adding a "2" to its name and converted Main Street into everything from circuses to Majorcan dance clubs.

So perhaps we should just be happy they haven't decided to "improve" another ride and accept the somewhat less horrible truth that Central Plaza will now forever be a giant stage. So for us Disney nuts, it's not the worst thing in the world, but I feel for all those families who are going to walk right into this one. The 15th castle dressed down, the character train repainted, crappy disco shows instead of last year's top notch entertainment? That's hardly something worth celebrating.

Is there any thing worth celebrating in the world of Disney right now? Maybe over in Tokyo.

• Senior Minion

The castle hardly compares to the decorations for the 15th.

I wonder what happened to those golden characters... excuse me while I surf ebay.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• De la Terre la Luke

i imagine all of these bespoke websites are costing a lot of money for DLP... are they really worth it?

after all, how much extra revenue are they going to get from guests who go to this website? i can't help thinking this is money that could be put to better use somewhere else in the park.

• Iron-Clad Allie

It's a fun website. I like the element of selecting or designing a character for yourself to embody while joining the party and exploring the new things to come.

Sure, I wish the park had more attractions going for it. Give it time and it will. The promotion does a superb job of advertising what the park has to offer, and a fun event. Thank you Malin.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    ... crappy disco shows instead of last year's top notch entertainment? That's hardly something worth celebrating.
    I am getting worried about that.
    in 2007 I could watch Winne The Pooh, The Lion King and Tarzan (Castle Stage dark), in 2008 Mickey's Christmas Wonderland and The Lion King (Castle Stage and Fantasy Stage Dark).
    I am not sure what I will see in 2009. I hope to go near Christmas so hopefully a Christmas show but possibly no Lion King and no sign of a replacement?

I like the website, it is quirky and I liked making a cartoon character but not sure how it sells Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    I liked making a cartoon character but not sure how it sells Disneyland
    Because cartoon junk is all the company are capable of pumping out anymore as they have lost their way.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Is there any thing worth celebrating in the world of Disney right now? Maybe over in Tokyo.
    If I were them, I would still be celebrating the opening of Tokyo DisneySea.

(That is not an invitation for masturbative Tokyo rants.)

And well, the Disney's California Adventure makeover is pretty nice. Paris has good attendance numbers. Walt Disney World is just sad. The American Idol Experience makes me burp up lunch. But I digress.

• Banned User

Well, The 25th is winding down at TDR, but they still gave us two new shows there especially to celebrate the grand finale, so the celebration in Tokyo comes to an end soon. But Baloo, since you love dancing and throwing yourself on the street without abandon, maybe the fun new "Shake it!" streetacular at the Mk is your cup of tea.
    As for DLP.. well, they do not benefit from the fact that they seem to copy the management/marketing style of WDW as a whole. They even picked up WDW's bad habits as early as before pre-opening, when the WDW cast was training the new cast in Paris. The fact that DLP is now imitating WDW's lame and pointless "celebrations" approach is nothing surprising to me. Let's face it, not they feel the need to exceed expectations set during the 15th anniversary.. and they will not get out of that frame of mind until another management team comes in and ruin the place in some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, The 25th is winding down at TDR, but they still gave us two new shows there especially to celebrate the grand finale, so the celebration in Tokyo comes to an end soon. But Baloo, since you love dancing and throwing yourself on the street without abandon, maybe the fun new "Shake it!" streetacular at the Mk is your cup of tea.
    As for DLP.. well, they do not benefit from the fact that they seem to copy the management/marketing style of WDW as a whole. They even picked up WDW's bad habits as early as before pre-opening, when the WDW cast was training the new cast in Paris. The fact that DLP is now imitating WDW's lame and pointless "celebrations" approach is nothing surprising to me. Let's face it, not they feel the need to exceed expectations set during the 15th anniversary.. and they will not get out of that frame of mind until another management team comes in and ruin the place in some other way.
    Well although I love to move it, move (you're just jealous because I do it so well), this must not be at the expense of quality entertainment.

But yes, DLP was heading in the right direction, and last August/Halloween looked like everything was on the right track. But now, I am very worried.

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    I liked making a cartoon character but not sure how it sells Disneyland
    Because cartoon junk is all the company are capable of pumping out anymore as they have lost their way.
    That takes what I meant out of context a little, I meant that I'm not sure what that whole site does to actually promote Disneyland Paris.

A lot of people think of cartoons when they think of Disney, I can't imagine Disneylany without Mickey and Minnie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast