Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• ...or just Tonny

Quote Originally Posted by Ian P
    They may not replace the trains, but I'm sure they will be giving them a full service and refit (new wheels, etc) which should restore the ride quality to near enough what it was when the ride opened. I hope so anyway.
    The question then is: For how long? How long did the ride run smoothly the first time around?

• Rock The World

I went on Space Mountain a few months after it first opened and I remember the ride being as rough as a bucket of bolts even then. They had to adapt the head rests because people got slammed about too much.
    I'll be at the resort for the opening of Mission 2 though, so we'll see if there's a difference then.

• Rock The World

Just heard a rumour that the resort managers are considering altering the opening date for Mission 2, so as not to clash with the wedding of Charles and Camilla. I know it sounds ridiculous, but knowing my luck, it just might be true! Anyone else heard anything about this?

Space Mountain 2

Any chance of soft openings of Space Mountain 2 next week?

CheshireCat wich dates and you coming to Disneyland Paris ? The Soft Opening will begin on April 1st.

Next Tuesday the 15th. I figured it was a long shot, but worth a try.

• The Magics in the details

from what I know, the track will be by-and-large the same design it was before (you can fit only so many track designes into a fixed size building). New ride vehicles with (possibly) Cerwin Vega sound statem are expected, as is a completely new queue and theme. I think there is a press release, if I can find it, i'll post it.
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

• The Magics in the details

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCM
    I think there is a press release, if I can find it, i'll post it.
    Here you guy's go:

Disneyland Announces Opening of Re-Imagineered 'Space Mountain'

As the countdown begins to May 5, 2005, and the launch of the 50th anniversary of Disneyland, the "Happiest Homecoming on Earth," another countdown is now underway in Tomorrowland for the re-launch of Space Mountain.

"We're very happy to announce that Space Mountain will re-open on July 15 as one of the many celebratory festivities leading to our actual 50th anniversary on July 17," said Matt Ouimet, president of the Disneyland Resort, during a State of the Resort presentation March 4, 2005, for local government and business leaders. "Guests will find the classic elements they love, combined with new technology and special effects that make the experience even more of a 'wow!'"

Space Mountain, the high-speed interstellar adventure that has captivated Disneyland guests since its debut in 1977, re-opens following nearly two years of enhancements and improvements. As the signature attraction of Tomorrowland, Space Mountain will once again beckon guests to its gleaming white spires and ominous slopes to experience anew the intergalactic adventure inside.

The attraction will return to its regular flight schedule with enhanced narrative elements and state-of-the-art special effects within the attraction and queue area, while retaining its essential theme and flight path through the dark reaches of outer space.

Ardent Space Mountain fans will find the attraction sporting a new generation of special effects, new rocket vehicles and a brand-new, custom soundtrack. Through an all-new queue and hi-tech launch port inspired by today's era of space exploration, guests will feel as if they have a first-hand look into the cosmos.

After boarding their rockets, guests will be wowed by a feeling of disorientation in the launch tunnel, hurling them towards a close encounter with a large meteorite. Following an exhilarating race through space, the experience will culminate with a new finale featuring a longer re-entry tunnel filled with spectacular lighting effects.

The initial concept for Space Mountain originated with Walt Disney himself back in the mid-1960s, when it was known simply as "Space Port" and destined to become an addition to Tomorrowland at Disneyland. The concept became a reality in 1975 when, after more than a decade of planning, the first incarnation of Space Mountain actually premiered in the Magic Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

Space Mountain had its Southern California premiere at Disneyland two years later on May 27, 1977. The U.S. Mercury Astronauts, America's first men in space, were on hand for the grand opening ceremonies and to christen the 118 foot tall "mountain."
    "To All Who Come To This Happy Place, Welcome!
    Disneyland is Your Land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and youth can saver the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy an inspiration to all the world.
    "
    -- Walter Elias Disney, July 17, 1955 approx 4:35PM

i hope you'll have fun at Disneyland Paris . Space Mountain will be close on that date no Soft Opening before April 1st .

A lot of things are close at the Disneyland Park like at Discoveryland the only Ride open are HISTA , Star Tours and Orbitron , and Storybookland at Fantasyland .

All things of the Walt Disney Studios Park are open and during weekdays it's very slow at this time of the year .

oups i means Storybookland will be close

• wasting time

I wish they kept the old soundtrack.

look at this , the Space Mountain : Mission 2 Logo begin to me install at the Ride Entrance and Fast Pass .

• Hitchhiker

http://www.spacemountain2.com/

I hope you have fast Internet connection, because the modem version is quite boring.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    What a beautiful web site! At least the marketing is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop
    http://www.spacemountain2.com/

I hope you have fast Internet connection, because the modem version is quite boring.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Diamond In The Rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    What a beautiful web site! At least the marketing is promising.
    Now if they could just show the same inventiveness on the lame-*** official DLRP site...

"I'm gettin' kind of fond of you, kid.
    Not that I want to pick out curtains or anything."

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast