Blog Entries

All about the Mickey's Magical Party opening event

Last week-end at DLP was the opening event of the Mickey's Magical Party season. New attraction at the WDS , new Stars and Cars parade, new Stitch or Mickey and friends shows, etc...

Dozens of photos and videos of everything can be seen here:

Disney and more: DLP Mickey's Magical Party Opening event - Part One : WDS Stars and Cars Parade and Playhouse Disney Live on Stage

Disney and more: DLP Mickey's Magical Party Opening event - Part Two: Discoveryland Stitch Show

Third part with the big Mickey and friends show on Central Plaza coming tonight.

• Senior Minion

Re: All about the Mickey's Magical Party opening event

Interesting.

I do like the Stars and Cars although I would prefer a proper parade. The Poppins car is particularly good IMO.
    I had my concerns about the huge scrum that would ensue at the end of the show for the meet and greets. This has obviously been avoided by putting up the rope barriers - a bit of a cheat. It hardly presents a 'Kodak moment'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Geek

great pics and vids loaloa, i just hope the weather is nicer for me next week :-)

i have not seen the Stitch show yet but Thanks for Block Party Bash to Exist because they Recycled the Music from Block Party Bash .

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Interesting.

I do like the Stars and Cars although I would prefer a proper parade. The Poppins car is particularly good IMO.
    I had my concerns about the huge scrum that would ensue at the end of the show for the meet and greets. This has obviously been avoided by putting up the rope barriers - a bit of a cheat. It hardly presents a 'Kodak moment'.
    I agree with your assessment. However, I do not like this Star Motorcade Parade. Never did like it when it was at DHS nor like it now. It's minimalistic rubbish produced on a very tight budget. I too would prefer a proper parade. The reason why I have always disliked this effort is because it's only there to accomplish one thing: getting characters out so guests can have their pictures taken, but besides that, there is no substance to the procession. No performers, no choreography, no artistic merit except for the job done to the cars, which in my opinion.. can be quite ridiculous in design at times.
    Management is telling us... this is all for kids folks. Same with the Stitch and Playhouse shows.. only for kids. There is nothing for adults here to see... so move along! move along!
    As a paying guest, I would feel cheated. Now that the Paris Resort is getting crowds on a constant basis, it's time for management there to step their efforts into shows and parades that are as quality as the DLP park itself, and the Studios park could benefit from it since it's always been the ugly child in the mix.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I agree with your assessment. However, I do not like this Star Motorcade Parade. Never did like it when it was at DHS nor like it now. It's minimalistic rubbish produced on a very tight budget. I too would prefer a proper parade. The reason why I have always disliked this effort is because it's only there to accomplish one thing: getting characters out so guests can have their pictures taken, but besides that, there is no substance to the procession. No performers, no choreography, no artistic merit except for the job done to the cars, which in my opinion.. can be quite ridiculous in design at times.
    Management is telling us... this is all for kids folks. Same with the Stitch and Playhouse shows.. only for kids. There is nothing for adults here to see... so move along! move along!
    As a paying guest, I would feel cheated. Now that the Paris Resort is getting crowds on a constant basis, it's time for management there to step their efforts into shows and parades that are as quality as the DLP park itself, and the Studios park could benefit from it since it's always been the ugly child in the mix.
    I don't know if the park is ready for a large-scale parade, which the Cinema Parade proved well. First of all, it cuts through the entire park and locks you into uncomfortable places. Second of all, it only emphasizes the sad state of everything.

Until they do some serious expansion, they're probably better off doing "streetaculars" or "street parties" or whatever euphemism they can think of.

• Banned User

I think the parade route at WDSP is just fine. In fact, there is more room to move there as opposed to DL or the MK's parade route. So I think they can handle a bigger parade there. If the excuse of space along the parade route comes up, then it would seem to me to be an excuse to go "cheap" as opposed to really invest in memorable entertainment that goes farther than just a photo op with characters.

• Senior Minion

Puss has a good point, WDS is not big or varied enough for someone to find themselves trapped at on side of the park and unable to get across to the other side until the parade passes by.
    This little motorcade is perhaps the most fitting type of thing for WDS as it stands at the moment. Let's hope the park is developed enough to handle a full-size parade properly in the very near future.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

If that is the case, then the problem seems to be mismangement of the parade route. All other parks do provide crossing points in the parade route, which at times get opened briefly during spacing in between floats to allow guests to cross when the parade is in progress. Why can't they do this at WDSP?
    Honestly, the euros are very guilty of making a run for it across the street during parades at times when they are not supposed to (this happens as well at DLP), but me? I never had a problem with that at WDSP because I stood there to watch the parade when it went by, instead of playing "why did the chicken cross the road?" So again, I believe the space is there. If management has not trained the CMs to provide for a more comfortable experience during parade times and route, then that is not the park's layout's fault.

Disney Land, How i wish i can visit this place. It's been a childhood dream for me. Maybe since I am here in the US now, I might able to visit Disney Land in California in coming years. Thank you for sharing those beautiful pictures.