Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Pirate - G'har!

Re: Fire at Rock'n Roller Coaster today !

It's a Yuk world I can just about bare smoking in open areas but it's the queue-smokers that get me, bad enough without that element. Still, as said, time it will take.

I need to take argument with miceage's headline for this part of the round up: "This is Paris! It's all a smoking section!"

Recently smoking has been banned from all cafe's, bars and pretty much anything indoors, and it's well enforced and adhered to in Paris. I know this because of my recent trip there in March '09. In fact, at Parc Disneyland smoking is almost non-existent and it felt pretty weird to try and "light up" when no one else was.

I'm sure the cast member who was (allegedly) smoking on the roof was trying to hide their smoking habit due to this new ban - although not right and caused a great deal of trouble.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by TicketMediaGuy View Post
    I need to take argument with miceage's headline for this part of the round up: "This is Paris! It's all a smoking section!"

Recently smoking has been banned from all cafe's, bars and pretty much anything indoors, and it's well enforced and adhered to in Paris. I know this because of my recent trip there in March '09. In fact, at Parc Disneyland smoking is almost non-existent and it felt pretty weird to try and "light up" when no one else was.

I'm sure the cast member who was (allegedly) smoking on the roof was trying to hide their smoking habit due to this new ban - although not right and caused a great deal of trouble.

Well, "almost nonexistent" might be pushing it. People thankfully no longer smoke indoors, but outdoors they seem to be puffing away as always — and some people's definition of "outdoors" is rather flexible. Which brings us to Fizzog's queues.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

• is satisfactual.

I remember when smileys were these tiny things...

• Banned User

Hmmm.. I will agree they have posted "non smoking" signs in most areas of the park, and apparently smoking is "almost non-existant" in some areas. Still, on my last visit. I 2nd hand smoked 20 cigarrettes while waiting for La Parade des Reves, and will not even comment on how many guests I saw smoking while walking in the park, and even in some of the queues... like the Big Thunder and Peter Pan.. So the problem at Parc Disneyland does persist to some degree.

You are probably right. I want the CM fired and sent to smoking rehab.

• Rock The World

I'm sorry, but what started this idea that a CM started the fire by smoking on the roof? Or am I missing the sarcasm as well?

There's a CM break room (with a covered, outdoor smoking section) backstage between the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster and the Backlot Express restaurant. Why on Earth would anyone want to scale a three story building to smoke on a windy, exposed section of roof?

And a cigarette dropped on the roof is hardly likely to start a fire, is it? It's more likely some form of electrical fault from the miles and miles of (poorly maintained) wiring and equipment strung up inside the show building.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12