Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dumptruck of Information

Who Loves a Parade? (Photo Heavy)

With the launch of the new Celebrate parade Street Party at Disneyland, here are a few pics that I took in February of Disneyland Paris's Once Upon a Dream Parade. I have to say that I was thoroughly impressed with this parade from the music to the floats to the choreography, everything seemed to work with each other to bring it all together harmoniously. But enough of the chatter, here are the pics everyone, enjoy!

In anticipation of the the parade

Leading off the parade, Pluto and Dale (Tac to all of you in France)

Mickey, Minnie, and Donald riding the opening float

Some rarer characters, at least to us in the States

Alice In Wonderland

Pinocchio

Toy Story

Winnie the Pooh

Peter Pan

Mary Poppins

Those Villians we love to hate

Lion King

Jungle Book

And last but not least, the Disney Princes and their Princesses

Show Stop Time

Hey which way is the parade going?

And I've heard of Hidden Mickey's, but Hidden Figment's? You be the judge

The End

• Banned User

Re: Who Loves a Parade? (Photo Heavy)

I really like Once Upon a Dream parade but it is just a congested version of Parade of Dreams. I like the idea, but some of the floats are too small to carry two epic movies. Only ones that flow nicely are the Toy Story/Pooh and the Lion King/Jungle Book, and this is because there is no jarring change in the architectural style. Heck, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland seem to be closely related but those two don't seem to flow.

Nice Pictures ! I love them thanks for sharing .

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    I really like Once Upon a Dream parade but it is just a congested version of Parade of Dreams. I like the idea, but some of the floats are too small to carry two epic movies. Only ones that flow nicely are the Toy Story/Pooh and the Lion King/Jungle Book, and this is because there is no jarring change in the architectural style. Heck, Pinocchio and Alice in Wonderland seem to be closely related but those two don't seem to flow.
    They've had a parade in which each float represented a single movie for the past 319 years, briefly interrupted only by the (very much missed) ImagiNations Parade. I think it's nice that they've tried a new angle.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 04-04-2009 at 05:16 AM.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Thinking about it if you were to visit a Disney park today this is likely with the exception of Jubilation in Tokyo the best Disney Parade available to Guest at the moment. The floats are beautiful and I was happy to see some of them taken out of the parade a few months back to run routine maintenance. Thanks for sharing

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

Wow!!! awesome pictures..is that maleficiant in Red? cause she lookes pretty weird in red.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• De la Terre la Luke

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    Wow!!! awesome pictures..is that maleficiant in Red? cause she lookes pretty weird in red.
    I've never understood why they made her costume red for this parade. Just looks bizarre to me.

I REALLY like how the Villians float looks!

• A Suitcase & A Dream

Is the parade being altered in any way for Mickey's Magical Party?

• Banned User

One thing... the dragon seen in the back float is not EPCOT's Figment. I think that unfamiliar dragon was placed there in an effort to represent the aspect of love conquering all above evil that seems to permiate the Disney Princesses tales, and since they have a dragon in the DLP's castle caverns... why not here as a cute touch?
    But Figment he ain't.
    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    They've had a parade in which each float represented a single movie for the past 319 years, briefly interrupted only by the (very much missed) ImagiNations Parade. I think it's nice that they've tried a new angle.
    I have to agree that ImagiNations Parade was the best effort I have seen in DLP so far. Parade des reves is a very nice effort, but I honestly do not care for the music and the overall theme of the parade, with floats being split to represent two different movies and such. And while I appreciate the brief musical show mode (note the characters appear on the ground dancing, which is more than I can say for the current "Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade" at the MK), these show stops as presented in Paris and Orlando add nothing to elevate the parade's quality to another level as is the case with the many parades presented at TDL over the years.
    And Malin, I agree with you.. while I feel Jubilation is a bit too pretentious and artsy for it's own good, at least the high art approach carries thru the entire presentation and makes that TDL parade a cohesive and well produced dream of colors on wheels. But even looking at the nice pictures posted above, even Parade des Reves do not come close to that, and it would be unfair to compare one to the other. Heck, even the limited run special event parades at TDL kick the bejesus out of the regular daytime parades at all Disney parks outside Japan.
    But reviewed on it's own merits... DLP's Parade Des Reves is a very decent effort and worth waiting on the curb to enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey
    I agree Maleficent does not look "right" in red. Under the context of this particular scene.. Maleficent is supposed to be represented in a "fiery" form. Not sure why that is but that is the aim of this scene. In front of her, there are dancers dressed in "fiery" costumes, spinning around balls that appear to be balls of fire, to add to that effect. One of those performers is seen leaving the parade's route thru a backstage door.. (very professional... NOT!) Maybe he/she had a wardrobe malfunction or something.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-04-2009 at 08:52 PM.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Those were great pictures, thank you! I like all of the Robin Hood characters in the parade, but it looks as thought their costumes haven't been updated since the 80's. Did they get the unused costumes from the states, or have the patterns just not been updated?
    Oo-de-lally!

• Animation Domination

nice trip report
    "You are watching FOX"

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam View Post
    Those were great pictures, thank you! I like all of the Robin Hood characters in the parade, but it looks as thought their costumes haven't been updated since the 80's. Did they get the unused costumes from the states [...]
    Yes. In fact, all of Disneyland Paris was built up from Anaheim's garbage. If you look closely at the Big Thunder Mountain rockwork, you can make out several Light Magic floats and the greater half of the America Sings cast, although you normally can't tell when you're all the way on the other side of the river filled with old churro oil.

Sorry, I'm not sure where that came from.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Yes. In fact, all of Disneyland Paris was built up from Anaheim's garbage. If you look closely at the Big Thunder Mountain rockwork, you can make out several Light Magic floats and the greater half of the America Sings cast, although you normally can't tell when you're all the way on the other side of the river filled with old churro oil.

Sorry, I'm not sure where that came from.

Now now puss... it's really not that bad in DLP. HKDL however, you can actually spot a lot of props and stuff that came from other places, such as the big Buzz from Chicago's DisneyQuest now sitting at Astroblasters entrance? And the cast of America Sings is still at it on DL's Splash Mt. as you probably know.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Sorry, pussnboots. I meant that more as an inquiry than an insult to DLP. Although I don't know if a river made from churro oil would smell really nice or be just plain scary...
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast