Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• is satisfactual.

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

Yes... The layman's view is something like this:

Whole complex: EuroDisney/ Disney Paris / Disneyland Paris (rare)
    Park 1: The park (the only park)
    Park 2: The Disney Studios, the Tower of Terror, the movie museum

Six years of "Disneyland RESORT Paris" have done little or nothing to change that, so I can imagine they're throwing in the towel.

Anyway, "Euro Disney(land)" was never a good name. It's tacky, artificial, and geographically ambiguous. It reeks of bureaucracy and troubled international relationships. (Eurovision Song Contest anyone?) The only place where people are proud enough of their EU membership for such a name is Eastern Europe.

And why not emphasize the proximity to Paris? If there was ever a reason to pick Disneyland Paris over Walt Disney World, it's that city.

Also, funnily enough, the one name that has really stuck is Disney Village. People love that name, even the French. The Festival Disney legacy has been completely forgotten.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Six years of "Disneyland RESORT Paris" have done little or nothing to change that, so I can imagine they're throwing in the towel.
    Not to mention..it is a phonetic travesty.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, irrelevant or not...the name of the park should never be compromised regardless... reason why I detest*detest*detest the name Disney's Hollywood Studios. Talk about bland! And, God knows the name Parc Disneyland has never stuck.. because there is only ONE Disneyland park and that is CA's.
    Disney's Hollywood Studios is definitly an idiotic bland name. I definitly prefer naming it just the Disney Studios or Disney MGM Studios just to be annoying.

As for Disneyland Paris name...I can see how the "Resort" part of the name sucks a lot of the significance out of the name...especially since the Paris resort isn't making much money from being a resort...it's just from the Disneyland park itself.

• Geek

yes TDLFAN! the lockers! very very very badly needed. when were they last open? they weren't when i went in 07.

i assume they were closed because of terrorism but surely if the guys at the security checkpoints are doing their jobs properly then that wouldn't be an issue.

• Banned User

They can not use the MGM name anymore. Something about loosing the copyrights to it. I think the WDW studios would have been better served with a new name like "Walt Disney Studios Theme park" which is more suitable IMO.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    yes TDLFAN! the lockers! very very very badly needed. when were they last open? they weren't when i went in 07.

i assume they were closed because of terrorism but surely if the guys at the security checkpoints are doing their jobs properly then that wouldn't be an issue.
    The lockers were closed shortly after those bombs went off in the trash cans in the city.. It's been years since that.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    They can not use the MGM name anymore. Something about loosing the copyrights to it. I think the WDW studios would have been better served with a new name like "Walt Disney Studios Theme park" which is more suitable IMO.
    MGM is now owned by Warner Brothers. When Disney opened the Studios at WDW MGM was owned by Ted Turner who happily made money out of his assests in any way he could - regardless of how much sense they made.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• On A Disney World Tour...

They can only be removing the resort in order to add something else later, once it is forgotten...

Or it would be Disneyland Paris and its Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park...

Again, resort is a word the french don't seem to acknowledge, but i'm sure there is another word both the french and most Europeans can assimilate to a resort or a group of leisure activities...

Any idea ?
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by CheriBibi View Post
    They can only be removing the resort in order to add something else later, once it is forgotten...

Or it would be Disneyland Paris and its Disneyland Park and Walt Disney Studios Park...

Again, resort is a word the french don't seem to acknowledge, but i'm sure there is another word both the french and most Europeans can assimilate to a resort or a group of leisure activities...

Any idea ?
    I honestly don't think there is another suitable term. Go to any reasonably ambitious hotel that has opened up a tennis court somewhere, anywhere on earth, and you will find the word "resort" in its title.

But I suppose France may be the exception again.

And in further defense of the word, it is of Latin origin. "Sortir" (the root) is a French word. It could have been worse.
    Last edited by pussnboots; 04-21-2009 at 06:53 PM.

• Dancing through life

Yes... The layman's view is something like this:

Whole complex: EuroDisney/ Disney Paris / Disneyland Paris (rare)
    Park 1: The park (the only park)
    Park 2: The Disney Studios, the Tower of Terror, the movie museum
    I arranged a trip for me and a couple of friends last year and they kept calling it Eurodisney. I generally refer to the whole site as Disneyland Paris. It is easier and the word resort has always seemed superfluous to me.

It can be confusing that one park is Disneyland and the whole place is Disneyland I guess.

• Not here to help

The best thing would be if the park itself was named Disneyland and the entire resort Disneyland Paris. Everything that has RESORT or PARK in it sounds either like a hotel or just... a park... like a tiny park...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Super

I thought the actual Disneyland WAS called Disneyland Park? or Disneyland Parc in french?

• Banned User

Actually "Parc Disneyland". Formerly "Disneyland Paris" and before that "EuroDisneyland". You can still see that last name in the attraction posters in the Main Street station tunnel.

• is satisfactual.

It's funny how the archway over the security tents says "Parc Disneyland," then the one over the Disneyland Hotel entrance says "Disneyland Park," and then the one on Main Street Station says "Disneyland Paris." And this is all from after "Euro Disneyland!"

I suppose they would have changed them all to "Parc Disneyland," but gold leaf letters aren't cheap.

If you look closely at the sign on the Disneyland Hotel, you can see the halfheartedly added "K," not quite managing to fill the width of the preceding "IS."

Perhaps they should have renamed the place Magic Kingdom/Royaume Magique anyway? There was a lot of support for that back in the day. That way, it would be:

-Disneyland (Resort) Paris
    --Magic Kingdom Park/Parc Royaume Magique
    --Walt Disney Studios Park/Parc Walt Disney Studios

It might have been clearer in the end. But gold leaf prices in 2002 probably spooked them out of that one.

• Not here to help

It's funny how the archway over the security tents says "Parc Disneyland," then the one over the Disneyland Hotel entrance says "Disneyland Park," and then the one on Main Street Station says "Disneyland Paris." And this is all from after "Euro Disneyland!"

I suppose they would have changed them all to "Parc Disneyland," but gold leaf letters aren't cheap.

If you look closely at the sign on the Disneyland Hotel, you can see the halfheartedly added "K," not quite managing to fill the width of the preceding "IS."

Perhaps they should have renamed the place Magic Kingdom/Royaume Magique anyway? There was a lot of support for that back in the day. That way, it would be:

-Disneyland (Resort) Paris
    --Magic Kingdom Park/Parc Royaume Magique
    --Walt Disney Studios Park/Parc Walt Disney Studios

It might have been clearer in the end. But gold leaf prices in 2002 probably spooked them out of that one.
    that has my vote.
    should be the same in all resorts...
    as long as it does not have the word RESORT in it its all good
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast