Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Geek

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

this thread is too confusing for words :-)

maybe they should consider DLP(DeeElPee :-)

• The Dudester

It does seem a bit odd. I think EuroDisney Resort would work better than Disneyland Resort Paris (too wordy!), but to not acknowledge that it is a resort is just... weird.

• On A Disney World Tour...

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It's funny how the archway over the security tents says "Parc Disneyland," then the one over the Disneyland Hotel entrance says "Disneyland Park," and then the one on Main Street Station says "Disneyland Paris." And this is all from after "Euro Disneyland!"

I suppose they would have changed them all to "Parc Disneyland," but gold leaf letters aren't cheap.

If you look closely at the sign on the Disneyland Hotel, you can see the halfheartedly added "K," not quite managing to fill the width of the preceding "IS."

Perhaps they should have renamed the place Magic Kingdom/Royaume Magique anyway? There was a lot of support for that back in the day. That way, it would be:

-Disneyland (Resort) Paris
    --Magic Kingdom Park/Parc Royaume Magique
    --Walt Disney Studios Park/Parc Walt Disney Studios

It might have been clearer in the end. But gold leaf prices in 2002 probably spooked them out of that one.
    Indeed having all the Disneyland style park called Magic Kingdom but the original would be ideal... But it sounds to much a publicising/marketing headache to see the light of day.
    It always starts with one park, and "it" not being called Disneyland for the few years it's gonna stand alone would kill marketers on the spot.

Now I'm glad they decided to rename the whole resort Disneyland Paris because this is the way people call it anyway. They say they're going to Disneyland Paris (many still say EuroDisney). So now they can read the name they know and use, instead of some corporate anglicism that only distanced them from their park.
    It's a human winwin solution. I like it !

But PussNBoot you're so right, it's definitely the way it should be ! hotels, theme parks, minigolf, monorail whatever, but only to assist a Magic Kingdom
    Last edited by CheriBibi; 04-23-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

• Banned User

I would not like "Royaume maguique". Sounds like a burger at McDonald's.
    It's bad enough the "Magic Kingdom" name is as lame as it can get. All parks inspired by DL in CA should be name "(City)Disneyland" or "Disneyland(something)"
    I think the MK at WDW would have been served better by the name "Disneyland FL" or even "Disney World" since that is what millions of ignorant tourists call it anyways. "Today we are going to Epcot and tomorrow Disney World." Idiots.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

The lockers were closed shortly after those bombs went off in the trash cans in the city.. It's been years since that.
    I believe the other reason is because the lockers can not take Euro's but only French Francs.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I believe the other reason is because the lockers can not take Euro's but only French Francs.
    But surely an upgrade would pay for itself in a pretty short space of time?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Wouldn't it be funny if that had actually not occurred to anyone?

Although they would get a lot less business at the baggage storage service next to Salon Mickey... Where I imagine they charge a little more.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I am not entirely sure what it is you are speaking of, but those little locking mechanisms do not come cheaply. The money to convert them probably just does not look worth the expense with other areas offering same or similar services.

• Pilot EdForceOne

If they work like every other coin-operated machine out there... it's simply replacing the internal 'coin rejector' mechanism. Which is easy and affordable. Of course they have all the markings, etc to update... but the portion that changes what coin something takes is easily interchangable on coin-op equipment.

They are about $20 a piece on video games.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    If they work like every other coin-operated machine out there... it's simply replacing the internal 'coin rejector' mechanism. Which is easy and affordable. Of course they have all the markings, etc to update... but the portion that changes what coin something takes is easily interchangable on coin-op equipment.

They are about $20 a piece on video games.
    The lockers are presumably nearly 20 years old, perhaps the parts aren't too readily available. $20 a locker adds up quickly when you have that many lockers too.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I am not entirely sure what it is you are speaking of, but those little locking mechanisms do not come cheaply. The money to convert them probably just does not look worth the expense with other areas offering same or similar services.
    By that logic, they were crazy to install them in the first place, weren't they?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    The lockers are presumably nearly 20 years old, perhaps the parts aren't too readily available. $20 a locker adds up quickly when you have that many lockers too.
    The mechanisms are standard and interchangable in most coin-op things. 20 years is nothing in Coin-op... example the mechanisms from Jamma cabinets from the 90s are interchangable with my games from the 90s and 2000s.

Even if it cost them $50... they'd make that up in no time. The things are pure profit makers. If you are charging people $10/day or more.. you make your money back in less then a week. That's an ROI anyone would jump at

Am I evil? yes, I am

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The mechanisms are standard and interchangable in most coin-op things. 20 years is nothing in Coin-op... example the mechanisms from Jamma cabinets from the 90s are interchangable with my games from the 90s and 2000s.

Even if it cost them $50... they'd make that up in no time. The things are pure profit makers. If you are charging people $10/day or more.. you make your money back in less then a week. That's an ROI anyone would jump at
    The lockers used to work on a one off charge of 10FF when you put items in. They aren't the modern ones that charge depending on time used.
    It would be feasible to change this to a one off charge of 2 but not much more than that as that is the largest single coin.
    There would also be additional staffing costs to prepare the lockers each day and remove anything left in them.

• Geek

i never thought about the francs thing, but it's pretty obvious when you think about it :-)

sorting them out though would really improve customer opinion a lot for such a small thing, it's not like it's a new e-ticket or anything!

but then doing something for the people isn't really one of DLP's strengths is it :-)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    The lockers used to work on a one off charge of 10FF when you put items in. They aren't the modern ones that charge depending on time used.
    It would be feasible to change this to a one off charge of 2 but not much more than that as that is the largest single coin.
    There would also be additional staffing costs to prepare the lockers each day and remove anything left in them.
    You can have systems that take multiple coins (most here in the states take 4-8) and you can raise the price if you want.

Basically - you guys are worried about limits that really don't apply if Disney doesn't want them to.

Am I evil? yes, I am

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast