Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 48
  1. #31

    • Geek
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dear Old Blighty
    Posts
    317

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    this thread is too confusing for words :-)

    maybe they should consider DLP(DeeElPee :-)

  2. #32

    • The Dudester
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    385

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    It does seem a bit odd. I think EuroDisney Resort would work better than Disneyland Resort Paris (too wordy!), but to not acknowledge that it is a resort is just... weird.

  3. #33

    • On A Disney World Tour...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Lyon, France
    Posts
    193

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    It's funny how the archway over the security tents says "Parc Disneyland," then the one over the Disneyland Hotel entrance says "Disneyland Park," and then the one on Main Street Station says "Disneyland Paris." And this is all from after "Euro Disneyland!"

    I suppose they would have changed them all to "Parc Disneyland," but gold leaf letters aren't cheap.

    If you look closely at the sign on the Disneyland Hotel, you can see the halfheartedly added "K," not quite managing to fill the width of the preceding "IS."

    Perhaps they should have renamed the place Magic Kingdom/Royaume Magique anyway? There was a lot of support for that back in the day. That way, it would be:

    -Disneyland (Resort) Paris
    --Magic Kingdom Park/Parc Royaume Magique
    --Walt Disney Studios Park/Parc Walt Disney Studios

    It might have been clearer in the end. But gold leaf prices in 2002 probably spooked them out of that one.
    Indeed having all the Disneyland style park called Magic Kingdom but the original would be ideal... But it sounds to much a publicising/marketing headache to see the light of day.
    It always starts with one park, and "it" not being called Disneyland for the few years it's gonna stand alone would kill marketers on the spot.

    Now I'm glad they decided to rename the whole resort Disneyland Paris because this is the way people call it anyway. They say they're going to Disneyland Paris (many still say EuroDisney). So now they can read the name they know and use, instead of some corporate anglicism that only distanced them from their park.
    It's a human winwin solution. I like it !

    But PussNBoot you're so right, it's definitely the way it should be ! hotels, theme parks, minigolf, monorail whatever, but only to assist a Magic Kingdom
    Last edited by CheriBibi; 04-23-2009 at 11:46 AM.
    Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms


  4. #34

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    I would not like "Royaume maguique". Sounds like a burger at McDonald's.
    It's bad enough the "Magic Kingdom" name is as lame as it can get. All parks inspired by DL in CA should be name "(City)Disneyland" or "Disneyland(something)"
    I think the MK at WDW would have been served better by the name "Disneyland FL" or even "Disney World" since that is what millions of ignorant tourists call it anyways. "Today we are going to Epcot and tomorrow Disney World." Idiots.

  5. #35

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    The lockers were closed shortly after those bombs went off in the trash cans in the city.. It's been years since that.
    I believe the other reason is because the lockers can not take Euro's but only French Francs.

  6. #36

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I believe the other reason is because the lockers can not take Euro's but only French Francs.
    But surely an upgrade would pay for itself in a pretty short space of time?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  7. #37

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    But surely an upgrade would pay for itself in a pretty short space of time?
    Wouldn't it be funny if that had actually not occurred to anyone?

    Although they would get a lot less business at the baggage storage service next to Salon Mickey... Where I imagine they charge a little more.

  8. #38

    • враг народа
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    13,997
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    But surely an upgrade would pay for itself in a pretty short space of time?
    I am not entirely sure what it is you are speaking of, but those little locking mechanisms do not come cheaply. The money to convert them probably just does not look worth the expense with other areas offering same or similar services.

  9. #39

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,626

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    If they work like every other coin-operated machine out there... it's simply replacing the internal 'coin rejector' mechanism. Which is easy and affordable. Of course they have all the markings, etc to update... but the portion that changes what coin something takes is easily interchangable on coin-op equipment.

    They are about $20 a piece on video games.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  10. #40

    • Dancing through life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    79

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    If they work like every other coin-operated machine out there... it's simply replacing the internal 'coin rejector' mechanism. Which is easy and affordable. Of course they have all the markings, etc to update... but the portion that changes what coin something takes is easily interchangable on coin-op equipment.

    They are about $20 a piece on video games.
    The lockers are presumably nearly 20 years old, perhaps the parts aren't too readily available. $20 a locker adds up quickly when you have that many lockers too.

  11. #41

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    I am not entirely sure what it is you are speaking of, but those little locking mechanisms do not come cheaply. The money to convert them probably just does not look worth the expense with other areas offering same or similar services.
    By that logic, they were crazy to install them in the first place, weren't they?

  12. #42

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,626

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    The lockers are presumably nearly 20 years old, perhaps the parts aren't too readily available. $20 a locker adds up quickly when you have that many lockers too.
    The mechanisms are standard and interchangable in most coin-op things. 20 years is nothing in Coin-op... example the mechanisms from Jamma cabinets from the 90s are interchangable with my games from the 90s and 2000s.

    Even if it cost them $50... they'd make that up in no time. The things are pure profit makers. If you are charging people $10/day or more.. you make your money back in less then a week. That's an ROI anyone would jump at
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  13. #43

    • Dancing through life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    79

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The mechanisms are standard and interchangable in most coin-op things. 20 years is nothing in Coin-op... example the mechanisms from Jamma cabinets from the 90s are interchangable with my games from the 90s and 2000s.

    Even if it cost them $50... they'd make that up in no time. The things are pure profit makers. If you are charging people $10/day or more.. you make your money back in less then a week. That's an ROI anyone would jump at
    The lockers used to work on a one off charge of 10FF when you put items in. They aren't the modern ones that charge depending on time used.
    It would be feasible to change this to a one off charge of 2 but not much more than that as that is the largest single coin.
    There would also be additional staffing costs to prepare the lockers each day and remove anything left in them.

  14. #44

    • Geek
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dear Old Blighty
    Posts
    317

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    i never thought about the francs thing, but it's pretty obvious when you think about it :-)

    sorting them out though would really improve customer opinion a lot for such a small thing, it's not like it's a new e-ticket or anything!

    but then doing something for the people isn't really one of DLP's strengths is it :-)

  15. #45

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,626

    Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

    Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    The lockers used to work on a one off charge of 10FF when you put items in. They aren't the modern ones that charge depending on time used.
    It would be feasible to change this to a one off charge of 2 but not much more than that as that is the largest single coin.
    There would also be additional staffing costs to prepare the lockers each day and remove anything left in them.
    You can have systems that take multiple coins (most here in the states take 4-8) and you can raise the price if you want.

    Basically - you guys are worried about limits that really don't apply if Disney doesn't want them to.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Fun] Disneyland Resort Paris Third Gate
    By Tyler1994 in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 10:44 AM
  2. Disneyland Resort Paris
    By faisj in forum Break Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 12:24 AM
  3. Disneyland PARIS Resort
    By fizzog in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-29-2008, 12:45 PM
  4. Disneyland Paris Resort TR Part One: Icky Studios Paris
    By kayoss in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 10:59 AM
  5. A New Disneyland Resort Paris CD released !
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-14-2005, 03:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •