Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Dancing through life

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris renamed

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    i never thought about the francs thing, but it's pretty obvious when you think about it :-)

sorting them out though would really improve customer opinion a lot for such a small thing, it's not like it's a new e-ticket or anything!

but then doing something for the people isn't really one of DLP's strengths is it :-)
    I am sure Disneyland Paris have done their research and have weighed up the benefits against the negatives.
    There is a left luggage facility in the entrance of the park where you can leave bags and there are lockers at the train station too (after an x-ray of your bag though).
    It is too simplistic to think it is simply a matter of changing the coin mechanisms and opening the lockers, there ARE security implications. I know bags are checked on the way in but a place to store things in the park, in an area that is quite hard to monitor is a different risk. There is also the issue of liability. I know there would probably just be a sign saying items left at owners risk but this has to be communicated well in various languages.

If I were in charge I would be tempted to convert the current left luggage so that access from within the park is possible but there isn't even the need for that really. Anything you buy from the shops can be sent to your hotel or for collection from Disney Village and picnicking isn't allowed within the park. It also isn't to hard to go out of the park, get your bag and come back in.

I feel I have rambled on a bit too much on a thread that is supposed to be about the name of the park but this isn't a simple issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    MGM is now owned by Warner Brothers. When Disney opened the Studios at WDW MGM was owned by Ted Turner who happily made money out of his assests in any way he could - regardless of how much sense they made.
    Actually, MGM is an independent studio. It's not owned by Warner Brothers at all. Ted Turner bought the catalog of films that MGM had and when he sold New Line Cinema it went with them and made him a very big stock owner in the company.

MGM along with her smaller sister company United Artist (now, partially owned by Tom Cruise and his partner Paula Wagner) still work as an independent, although much smaller than it used to be, studio.

ImagineerWarrior

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ImagineerWaryur View Post
    Actually, MGM is an independent studio. It's not owned by Warner Brothers at all. Ted Turner bought the catalog of films that MGM had and when he sold New Line Cinema it went with them and made him a very big stock owner in the company.

MGM along with her smaller sister company United Artist (now, partially owned by Tom Cruise and his partner Paula Wagner) still work as an independent, although much smaller than it used to be, studio.

ImagineerWarrior
    I bow to your more detailed knowledge.

I just can't get my head around the Looney Tunes characters happily playing alongside Tom and Jerry and the Hanna Barbera toons. It's just... wrong.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234