Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great News!

• Geek

Great News!

Blue Sky Disney: Blue Sky Buzz: Toys For Everyone...

TSMM almost confirmed. Bluesky is extremely reliable. Yay!

• is satisfactual.

Re: Great News!

Great, so there's the big 20th Anniversary ride... Euro Disney's suits must be ecstatic to know they can now stall building a real ride until the 25th.

• Geek

totally understand your response puss, but i hope you're not right. only two new rides in the next 8 years would suuuuuuuuuuuck.

• RnRCj

The ONLY time this would be good news would be if it replaced Toy Story Playland. But obviously DLRP would never do that, so it'll probably replace Ratatouille instead. Yeah... great.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

• is satisfactual.

Why does this seem so likely?

2010 — Still Mickey's Magical Party
    2011 — The Last Chance to Experience Mickey's Magical Party
    2012 — Midway Mania and three Toy Story-themed carnival rides herald the 20th
    2013 — Still the 20th
    2014 — Indiana Jones et le Temple du Peril: Upside Down/Space Mountain Mission 3: This Time It's Different (Okay, that was hyperbole.)
    Etc...

It's sad, really. Things were really looking up two years ago. Oh well.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by jacoaster View Post
    The ONLY time this would be good news would be if it replaced Toy Story Playland. But obviously DLRP would never do that, so it'll probably replace Ratatouille instead. Yeah... great.
    When I read the post title I was hoping the news was that Toy Story Land had been shelved but unfotunately this is not the case. And it looks like the proposed Ratatouille dark ride that was going to be the Studios new unique E Ticket attraction has been shelved instead for Toy Story Mania. TSM is a fun attraction don't get me wrong but its also is not a great attraction either, but hey I guess it will fit in well with Toy Story Land and all its carnival rides.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Why all the negativity? It says Rasulo wants to put TSMM in Paris too. No one said anything about where or theme or about the *still unconfirmed* Ratatouille ride being replaced by this. Just that Rasulo wants TSMM to be the next big "everywhere" ride.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I really enjoyed playing Wii with my son today. I think I will save my time and money and maybe buy some more games. No point going to DLP ;-)

sorry folks, last major attraction in DLP (parc - see how confusing the name change can be) was Buzz, and at least that was real props.

I find this a huge disappointment, and like TSP, I hope it does not come true. But with the imbecile Rasulo wanting it, it is likely to happen.

Nothing to see here, let's move along.

Remember that Euro Disney SAS Manage their budget . Does the WDC will pay TSMM to Euro Disney SAS ? Euro Disney SAS still owns a large amount of money to start groundbreaking for a new attraction .

Euro Disney SAS has already started Toy Story Playland in the Studios but when are they going to announce it ?

anyway TSMM is a perfect addition to the WDS .

Well, regardless if bad or good. I still want to go there, I want to compare it to other countries. Anyways I am pretty sure that I will enjoy the trip!

• Senior Minion

I am encouraged by this news as I like the idea of TSL. However, I see Dave's point about Buzz being the last new attraction at DL. It's clear that the powers that be are really trying to develop WDS - something we have been wishing for for years now. Unfortunately the way that it is developing is not what many want to see. Personally I think that ToT and Toon Studios are real assests to DLP and hope TSL can be ranked likewise.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I am encouraged by this news as I like the idea of TSL. However, I see Dave's point about Buzz being the last new attraction at DL. It's clear that the powers that be are really trying to develop WDS - something we have been wishing for for years now. Unfortunately the way that it is developing is not what many want to see. Personally I think that ToT and Toon Studios are real assests to DLP and hope TSL can be ranked likewise.
    I share the wish for TSL to be an asset, but having been to Fliks Fun Fair and Chester and Hesters, I doubt it will be.

I agree the ToT and Hollywood Bvd, as well as Stitch Live and Playhouse Disney were great leaps forward for WDS (though segregated attractions aimed at big ones and little ones - not all encompassing). Toonstudios I think is a mess. I love the Cars area. I think Crush is a mistake on so many levels (capacity issues, trying to theme quite a scary ride to kiddy themes, the only AA's in this park where kids, elderly and people with medical conditions cannot enjoy them).

Last summer I was amazed at how much of the magic seemed to be coming back to Paris. Now, I feel like we are taking some huge steps backwards.

I can go on fun fair rides and play video games closer to home, with less crowds, at a fraction of the price. Not cool.

Now if we were talking about Soarin' and immersive attractions, there would be something to write home about.

• RnRCj

^Completely agree with everything you said there. Crush was a nice concept (I was very excited about it), but after my first ride I left the attraction feeling very disappointed. It was nothing like I thought it would be.

Cars is much better and has an awesome queue line. Instead of Crush, I think there should have been a Route 66 themed restaurant to go with Cars. It would've done more for the park and would look nice next to Cars.

I'm hoping to see TSPL cancelled, but... it won't be. I am, however, looking forward to the rumoured Ratatouille attraction. This will mean more toons, but I can excuse it because it does sound like an awesome attraction (not a carni ride!!), and it'll be suitable for all the family.

Now I'm worried that TSM will replace the Ratatouille ride though. I really hope it doesn't... that could really upset me. You can't exactly trust the Disney management anymore though......

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

• Geek

have to disagree guys, i walked up to crush expecting a kiddie coaster, waited for an hour and was blown away, quality ride!

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by jacoaster View Post
    Now I'm worried that TSM will replace the Ratatouille ride though. I really hope it doesn't... that could really upset me. You can't exactly trust the Disney management anymore though......
    If they are going to build Toy Story Playland and Midway Mania (and it's starting to look like they are), well, that's four more rides than they built from 1995 to 2002. Just to put that in perspective.

Which is why I'm not ecstatic about Midway Mania despite what Bopazot said, it just sounds oh-so-likely that this kills Ratatouille and the big 20th Anniversary ride we were all looking forward to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast