Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • Step Lively!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volendam, Noord Holland, NL
    Posts
    44

    Big Thunder Mountain

    is it just me
    or does the Big Thunder Mountain
    in paris
    totally dominate the Big Thunder Mountain
    in anaheim?
    i love my disneyland
    and i hate to say it
    but the one in paris
    was incredible!

    kindly make your way inside, there are dozens dying to join you.

  2. #2

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    Frontierland at DLP seems to have been built around BTM and the lake which makes a big difference.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  3. #3

    • Rock The World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    807

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakob the Butler View Post
    is it just me
    or does the Big Thunder Mountain
    in paris
    totally dominate the Big Thunder Mountain
    in anaheim?
    i love my disneyland
    and i hate to say it
    but the one in paris
    was incredible!
    I've never ridden the Disneyland version, but BTM in Paris certainly stands head and shoulders above the version in Florida!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

  4. #4

    • Stop That!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Remaining Seated
    Posts
    966

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    I was disappointed by DLP's version... Too many long straight sections that just weren't very steep, so (except for the tunnel to and from the island) the train never felt fast enough to make the (rather wide) turns very exciting.

    I just never got the "out of control" runaway mine train feeling that I get on the American versions.
    .


  5. #5

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by BoogaFrito View Post
    I was disappointed by DLP's version... Too many long straight sections that just weren't very steep, so (except for the tunnel to and from the island) the train never felt fast enough to make the (rather wide) turns very exciting.

    I just never got the "out of control" runaway mine train feeling that I get on the American versions.
    Depends where you sit. That is the impression I always get if I sit near the front. But sit near the back and - woah Nellie!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  6. #6

    • Fortuosity!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Singing: Detroit!
    Posts
    556

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Depends where you sit. That is the impression I always get if I sit near the front. But sit near the back and - woah Nellie!
    Though I've never been on DLP's version, this is very true of the WDW attraction.

    Up front sucks, but back car (which I always request) with your hands up, very fun! I think BTMRR is one of the few coasters I feel comfortable doing that.
    I like The Happiest Millionaire. What's wrong with that?

  7. #7

    • Pirate - G'har!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    It's like that on any roller coaster, tamest at the front roughest at the back, just the way it works. Particularly important on BTM!

  8. #8

    • Stop That!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Remaining Seated
    Posts
    966

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    It's like that on any roller coaster, tamest at the front roughest at the back, just the way it works. Particularly important on BTM!
    I always try to request the back when I can [speak the language]. But even barring that, just by looking at track layouts you can see the difference in curves/straightaways between the different versions... I'm telling you something's amiss!
    .


  9. #9

    • Crazy Furry
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Everett, WA
    Posts
    399

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    For me DLP's Big Thunder KILLS all the rest, not only in terms of theming but it also gives the best ride out of them all. Yes it does have a good amount of straight sections, but believe it or not it's actually the fastest Big Thunder.
    Disney and Universal fan for life!...Shocking ain't it?
    Seize the future with X-S! Not Stitch.
    I'm not crazy, now if you will excuse me I have tea time with the ghosts at Haunted Mansion.

  10. #10

    • Stop That!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Remaining Seated
    Posts
    966

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    Quote Originally Posted by AE_Fan View Post
    Yes it does have a good amount of straight sections, but believe it or not it's actually the fastest Big Thunder.
    Interesting! Does that include the underwater tunnel? Is that the fastest part of the ride?
    .


  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Brea, CA
    Posts
    3,643

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    I love the Disneyland one!!!! It is definitly one of my very favorite attractions. I have never been on all the other ones, but have seen them on Youtube. So far, my support is behind Disneyland's.

  12. #12

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    As someone prone to motion sickness, I would like to express my appreciation for straight sections.

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    81

    Re: Big Thunder Mountain

    As far as i know, WDW and TDL have the same versions of BTM, DLRP have also the same track layout but a lil bit different. i did the ones in WDW, DLR, and DLRP and
    i think the one in paris is absolut the best one!!

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Death On Big Thunder Mountain
    By mrs marisa in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 03:36 PM
  2. Big Thunder Mountain...
    By MsSarah in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-02-2008, 07:01 AM
  3. Le Thunder Mountain
    By monotonehell in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 05:26 AM
  4. Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain, which is faster?
    By Magic Mirror in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-03-2007, 12:42 PM
  5. Big Thunder Mountain
    By Mr. Fox in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2006, 09:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •