• Phantom Manor

8 18.18%
  • StarTours or other ride(s)

1 2.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Most Repeatable Ride Experience At DLP

Which ride or rides would you appraise as the most repeatable experience at Disneyland Paris? Star Tours? It's A Small World? Big Thunder? Rock 'n Rollercoaster? There's so many great rides that it may well be difficult to choose. A poll will be up soon.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Senior Minion

Re: Most Repeatable Ride Experience At DLP

BTM is by far my favourite DLP ride and that's what I've voted for.

I find POTC good but after a couple of rides I've had enough (I know many will feel otherwise). PM has more repeat appeal but the on-going faults and problems there mar the experience for me. Star Tours is showing its age and although I like RnRC its hardly something I would do a lot (although I did do it three times in quick succession one day at park closing - not a good idea in retrospect). Crush is good too but hardly worth the long wait and I am sad to say that I have yet to experience ToT.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Big Thunder is wonderful, but there's no way I'm facing that queue more than once a day. Phantom Manor is quite repeatable, but after your third ride you find yourself dissecting all the effects and citing Leota's spiel along with her. And like Nathan I find the sorry state of it off-putting.

Pirates however is endlessly repeatable to me. It's physically pleasant, it's the ultimate in escapism and the queue is actually something I look forward to. Bless Disney for pissing away all that money on that insanely elaborate attraction.

My favorite ride at DLRP is The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, followed by RnRC, BTM and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I fell in love with ToT at WDW last year, but I like the WDS version better.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    BTM is by far my favourite DLP ride and that's what I've voted for.

I find POTC good but after a couple of rides I've had enough (I know many will feel otherwise). PM has more repeat appeal but the on-going faults and problems there mar the experience for me. Star Tours is showing its age and although I like RnRC its hardly something I would do a lot (although I did do it three times in quick succession one day at park closing - not a good idea in retrospect). Crush is good too but hardly worth the long wait and I am sad to say that I have yet to experience ToT.
    Big Thunder Mountain is one of my favorites regardless of what park it is in. DLP's is the best in the west as it was uniquly well envisioned and equally well carried out. Traveling in a train themed coaster train to an island thru a tunnel beneath a river is what I call "JUST AWESOME"!!!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    Big Thunder is wonderful, but there's no way I'm facing that queue more than once a day. Phantom Manor is quite repeatable, but after your third ride you find yourself dissecting all the effects and citing Leota's spiel along with her. And like Nathan I find the sorry state of it off-putting.

Pirates however is endlessly repeatable to me. It's physically pleasant, it's the ultimate in escapism and the queue is actually something I look forward to. Bless Disney for pissing away all that money on that insanely elaborate attraction.
    Judging by your review pussnboots, I can't wait to experience the swashbuckling Paris Pirates.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    My favorite ride at DLRP is The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, followed by RnRC, BTM and Pirates of the Caribbean.

I fell in love with ToT at WDW last year, but I like the WDS version better.
    The WDS ToT does look to be highly repeatable.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

From video's I find It's a Small World to be more repeatable. It looks more highly elaborate than all the other ones.

POTC looks very fun just because it's the whole story. Except backwards. Very different, but very cool!

Phantom Manor just looks terrifying! I'm in!

Big Thunder just looks absolutely gorgeous and amazing! I would love to go on it.

Space Mountain looks alot of fun, but I would need to experience it first to see if I like going upside down in the pitch-darkness.

Crush's coaster. I would love to go on it. Elaborately detailed and looks like alot of fun.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Kritter View Post
    From video's I find It's a Small World to be more repeatable. It looks more highly elaborate than all the other ones.

POTC looks very fun just because it's the whole story. Except backwards. Very different, but very cool!

Phantom Manor just looks terrifying! I'm in!

Big Thunder just looks absolutely gorgeous and amazing! I would love to go on it.

Space Mountain looks alot of fun, but I would need to experience it first to see if I like going upside down in the pitch-darkness.

Crush's coaster. I would love to go on it. Elaborately detailed and looks like alot of fun.
    Guess I'm kinda backwards. I wouldn't give going upsidedown in the pitch dark a second thought, whereas daylight loops cause me considerable apprehension.

Crush's Coaster looks to be one of the most fun darkrides of all time.

• Dancing through life

I have been on POTC 4 times in a row without leaving the building before (when it was quiet and they were only loading one boat at a time).
    I have gone straight from the exit to the entrance for another go on BTM, TOT Buzz Lightyear and Indiana Jones a few times.

The only problem I have with repeat riding on some is how long it takes to get to the ride. When I go Disneyland is quiet. It is a long walk to get to POTC, Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear (and probably some others).

If I had to choose one ride to go on over and over it would be Tower of Terror.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    I have been on POTC 4 times in a row without leaving the building before (when it was quiet and they were only loading one boat at a time).
    I have gone straight from the exit to the entrance for another go on BTM, TOT Buzz Lightyear and Indiana Jones a few times.

The only problem I have with repeat riding on some is how long it takes to get to the ride. When I go Disneyland is quiet. It is a long walk to get to POTC, Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear (and probably some others).

If I had to choose one ride to go on over and over it would be Tower of Terror.
    With the DisneySea ToT having it's own unique, cool theming ..I can see why you would consider this your favorite repeatable ride.

• Geek

easily pirates, best ride in the world ever! would love to do the DL one, isn't it longer?

second is probably BTM but yeah, only once a day, that queue is horrendous :-)

the ride i wish i'd done more last time was Crush's. mental ride, but again the queue is insane.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    easily pirates, best ride in the world ever! would love to do the DL one, isn't it longer?

second is probably BTM but yeah, only once a day, that queue is horrendous :-)

the ride i wish i'd done more last time was Crush's. mental ride, but again the queue is insane.
    Disneyland's POTC is the original as well as the largest ride among it's sister attractions at other resorts. Hard to beat Pirates. regardless of which resort it's at.

Crush's Coaster is such a cool ride. Can't wait to experience it one of these days in the future.

• Rock The World

Pirates is a masterpiece, but it also suffers from a lot of show problems (although less severely than Phantom Manor, it's true). The fiery explosion at the foot of the second drop, for example, hasn't worked properly for almost 10 years - there are supposed to be more than 50 separate elements in that single effect, but about six of them actually work.

So I've opted for good ol' Big Thunder - the finest family coaster in Europe, if not the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• RnRCj

I voted for Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. With five different soundtracks and five different lightshows, I always go round again to try and get a different Soundtracker! But then, I would say that being a huge fan of it and after riding it a good 100 times.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast