Why DLP Fantillusion is different than TDL ?

I was wondering why our Fantillusion was crap compare to what is was in TDL . On Google Earth you can see behind Discoveryland near a Parking Lot that there is some Floats sitting there instead of being in the Parade .

Or Disneyland Paris intertainment runs Fantillusion with budget cuts or theses floats were already broken when DLP got them from TDL.

• Rock The World

Re: Why DLP Fantillusion is different than TDL ?

Interesting post, bopazot. Could you give us a link to the Google Earth shot? I know the Entertainment department sometimes cycles certain floats out of the parade for budgetary or performance reasons. (And sometimes they just break down, of course!)

I'm not sure I'd call Fantillusion "crap", by the way. It's certainly not as good as the old Main Street Electrical Parade (good grief, how I miss it!) but it's not a bad parade in itself - just a little slow. I realise it's not as large as the original Tokyo version, but as I've never seen it, I can only judge the current Parisian version on its own merits.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I'm with Bopazot, Fanti is crap. I rarely bother with it anymore. 2 floats that are any good, and only in show mode does not a parade make. Also I don't like the music much either.

Yet I have seen the MSEP since the 70's in DL, DLP, WDW and DCA and never tire of it. I wish we had it back, or even better, Dreamlights.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

I've only seen two nighttime parades. The first one was Fantillusion at DLRP and the second one was Spectromagic at WDW. I liked Fantillusion a lot and the song is also great, but that's just my opinion.

Spectromagic was really bad, especially the song. I have to say that I didn't like any of the WDW parades.

• Senior Minion

Bring back MSEP!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I've only seen two nighttime parades. The first one was Fantillusion at DLRP and the second one was Spectromagic at WDW. I liked Fantillusion a lot and the song is also great, but that's just my opinion.

Spectromagic was really bad, especially the song. I have to say that I didn't like any of the WDW parades.
    I agree about not liking any of the WDW parades, bigger is not always best. But it is a shame you have never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade, it has a fantastic soundtrack, and the floats are great. And Dreamlights is the updated version on in tokyo DL
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

I too want MSEP back. It was so much more than the current parade. A hint for DLRP: Give us a nice present for the 20th anniversary.

• is satisfactual.

I thought the Viennese liked a Waltz.

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots View Post
    I thought the Viennese liked a Waltz.
    I'm not from Vienna, I'm from Salzburg so I just accept Mozart.

• Banned User

All you have to do Bopazot is watch the "Sayonara Fantillusion" dvd from TDL to see exactly why this parade was so great at TDL and how it played, as opposed to how it's performed and highly edited/cut back, as performed at DLP. I think Davewasbaloo should buuy that dvd once he gets to Tokyo... if that ever happens.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    I agree about not liking any of the WDW parades, bigger is not always best. But it is a shame you have never seen the Main Street Electrical Parade, it has a fantastic soundtrack, and the floats are great. And Dreamlights is the updated version on in tokyo DL
    Dreamlights is in a totally different and much higher plateau. You can not compare how far ahead of the rest this one is as opposed to the others. I would even claim that the new Starlight Parade at Universal Studios Japan is much better than some of the current electrical parades at WDW and DL... and even better than the highly chopped version of Fantillusion at DLP.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Dreamlights is in a totally different and much higher plateau. You can not compare how far ahead of the rest this one is as opposed to the others. I would even claim that the new Starlight Parade at Universal Studios Japan is much better than some of the current electrical parades at WDW and DL... and even better than the highly chopped version of Fantillusion at DLP.
    That settles it then. We'll have TDLs Dreamlights at DLP for the 20th! (without cutbacks and editing, please).

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dad View Post
    That settles it then. We'll have TDLs Dreamlights at DLP for the 20th! (without cutbacks and editing, please).

We will get TDL's Dreamlights Parade for the 20th??? That's great!! Is this already official.

Does somebody know If Euro Disney SCA has to pay OLC for the parade? Or does the parade belong to TWDC and OLC rents it.

I was always wondering if DLRP has to pay WDI to create an attraction or if they have just to pay the for the construction.

We will get TDL's Dreamlights Parade for the 20th??? That's great!! Is this already official.

Does somebody know If Euro Disney SCA has to pay OLC for the parade? Or does the parade belong to TWDC and OLC rents it.

I was always wondering if DLRP has to pay WDI to create an attraction or if they have just to pay the for the construction.
    i think Fantillusion was owned by the WDC and TDR rented it because if you look closer at the TDL Fantillusion CD Soundtrack is says that the Parade was basically made for DLP .

Ok this is how Fantillusion should be in DLP .

Tokyo : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwjcFmQOw0]YouTube - Disney's FANTILLUSION[/ame]

DLP : [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OghIQGXz6Yk]YouTube - Disneyland Paris - Fantillusion HD - Part 1[/ame]

on the DLP Version the characters seens to be lazy or something like that .

than now Disneyland Paris has recently added since last year new Dresses to Fantillsion. They re great

New dresses added to the dancers

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtANtXFdNUo]YouTube - Disneyland Paris - Fantillusion Parade 2008, Teil 2 v. 2[/ame]