Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help. I need a one day itinerary

My family and I are going on a trip to Paris this summer for the second time. We are planning on going to Disneyland Paris again. Last time we went our trip didnít turn out like we planned. I did some research before our last trip and found out to avoid big crowds go on a weekday. We did that but much to our dismay the park was extremely crowded and we didnít get to see the second gate there and missed half the things at the main gate. Iím going again around early to mid June and I was wondering if anybody has a good one day itinerary to see both parks or have any advice on how to maximize your day there. Thanks in advance.

• Hitchhiker

Re: Help. I need a one day itinerary

Hmm.. mission: impossible. :-) I don't know what you saw last time so here's one plan:

If you want to see Crush's Coaster, you have to go to WDS first, before opening and rush for the ride. Also check schedules for daily shows at WDS (especially Cinemagique, don't miss) and go to DLP and get a Fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain. Phantom and Pirates don't have fastpass so check out how long is the queue. Phantom Manor rarely has a long queue so you can leave that for afternoon or evening. After Big Thunder Mountain try to get a Fastpass for Peter Pan (extremely popular dark ride) or Space Mountain. Return to WDS, just before Cinemagique, take a Fastass for TOT and go see Cinemagique. After the show go to Rockn'n Roller Coaster because it usually is a five min wait. Check out Stunt show if you havn't seen it before and check out one of other shows there (Animagique or Armageddon). Tram Tour if time permits.

Go back to DLP and try to enjoy the atmosphere by walking around or take a railroad trip around the park (avoid Main St. station). Check out the castle and its basement. Walk through Nautilus. Indiana Jones and Star Tours has Fastpass too if you want to enjoy them, altough both have great theming in queue area.
    In June some rides are closed because of maintenance.

There is just too much to do, so you cannot do it in one day well. And in June DLP closes at 19.00 on weekdays.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Agreed, on average the resort takes about 3 days to do most of it, and that is still moving fast. Seeing both parks in 1 day is impossible. But here are some options:

If you like thrills (consult the guide so you don't miss the shows - Moteurs Action to me is a must see in WDS):

Start in DLP and go on Big thunder, then into Adventureland and go on Indy. Walk through the caves to Pirates of the Caribbean. then walk to Discoveryland and grab a fast pass for Space Mountain. Get in line for Buzz, then Star Tours, maybe explore 20k under the sea. By that time, it should be time to hop on Space Mountain.

Get on the train and head to Frontierland again and go on Phantom Manor.

Then grab a bite (the best counter services are in Frontierland IMHO - cowboy cookout BBQ and Fuente Del Oro). Take a little time to see the Castle including the dragon, the Labrynth and It's a Small World.

walk down Mainstreet (or hop the train). Leave for the Studios.

In the Studios, the priorities are Tot (grab a fast pass), RNR Coaster, Cinemagique and Moteurs Action. Save Crush for near park closing (while Stars and cars are on).
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

If looking for family friendly, then I recommend this itinerary:

Walk to the back of the park and hop on Peter Pan (grab a fastpass if the wait is more than 20 mins (have seen it as bad as 2.5 hours before). Ride Pinnochio and Snow White, as well as either Casey Jr or the Storybookland Canal boats (dependent on the shortest waits). Then It's a Small World.

Go over to Adventureland and ride Pirates, go through Adventure Isle to Frontierland and grab a fast pass for Big thunder, hop on Phantom Manor while in the neighbourhood.

then over to Discoveryland and grab a fastpass for Buzz and ride Star Tours and visit 20k under the Sea.

Over to the Studios, prioritise Cinemagique, Moteurs Action and Stitch Live. If you have really little ones, then Playhouse Disney and Animagique may appeal (skip if you have teens/adults).

then ride whichever you prefer in either park.

Here is the "Real" Disney experience one to squeeze most in:

Arrive 30 min before opening. Enjoy Main Street before it opens and book a table at Walt's for a late lunch/early dinner for about 20mins before the parade (request a window seat overlooking Main Street).

start with Big thunder, then Peter Pan, head back over to Pirates of the Caribbean, then Indy, and then Phantom Manor. .

Hop on the train to fantasyland and then ride It's a Small World. Walk through the castle and Dungeon (should be lunch time now, enjoy the parade and a lovely table service meal - however this could be a 2 hour experience) and head to Discoveryland. Grab a Fast Pass for Space Mountain, hop Buzz and Star Tours.

Go to the Studio and go on what you fancy (but leave Crush till near closing).

• Banned User

I would go to Tokyo. It's been less crowded than DLP lately.

• Dancing through life

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I would go to Tokyo. It's been less crowded than DLP lately.
    But much harder to get to from a hotel in Paris

• Geek

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    book a table at Walt's for a late lunch/early dinner for about 20mins before the parade (request a window seat overlooking Main Street).
    by all means try this, but don't be surprised when the maitre'd completely ignores what table the CM at the door has given you and gives your table to the french family behind you, right in front of your face! livid is not the word.

also when you email DLP to complain don't be surprised to be told initially that they will fully investigate the incident, only to be sent a standard 'we don't discriminate' response a month later!

i'm not bitter though ;-)

WDW here i come (when i can save 5 grand).

Don't forget Extra Magic Hours! Although these are really just an excuse to open most of the park an hour later than they used to, it gives you a chance to see Buzz, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and the Fantasyland spinners for 2 hours before the day guests swarm in. Definitely worth getting up early for.

As far as Big Thunder is concerned, it seems much swifter later in the day and evening, when the wheels have had a chance to warm up. By comparison it can sometimes feel a little sluggish first thing in the morning. The same thing goes for most rollercoasters. The trade off is that you'll queue for ages, unless the park is open late and you go after 10.00pm.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dad View Post
    Don't forget Extra Magic Hours! Although these are really just an excuse to open most of the park an hour later than they used to, it gives you a chance to see Buzz, Space Mountain, Peter Pan and the Fantasyland spinners for 2 hours before the day guests swarm in. Definitely worth getting up early for.
    I agree Double-D that the EMH are great and a real benefit.

However, it seems unlikely that the OP will be staying in a resort hotel if they are only going to the parks for one day. And that means they will not be able to enjoy this fantastic benefit.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    by all means try this, but don't be surprised when the maitre'd completely ignores what table the CM at the door has given you and gives your table to the french family behind you, right in front of your face! livid is not the word.
    Oh get over it Tibsy!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Thank you for all your help. Its very much appreicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dad View Post
    As far as Big Thunder is concerned, it seems much swifter later in the day and evening, when the wheels have had a chance to warm up. By comparison it can sometimes feel a little sluggish first thing in the morning. The same thing goes for most rollercoasters. The trade off is that you'll queue for ages, unless the park is open late and you go after 10.00pm.
    Agreed, i love BTM late at night. The issue is, if he just has one day, it is best to get in line 1st thing to avoid a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    i'm not bitter though ;-)

WDW here i come (when i can save 5 grand).
    funny, being in the swamps of Florida annoys me more that DLP. Go to California, the original, you'll have a much better time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast