Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 2012 : Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary ?

How true is it that Disneyland Paris is getting SpectroMagic for the 20th?

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by rdct11 View Post
    How true is it that Disneyland Paris is getting SpectroMagic for the 20th?
    I'm sorry, but I would have to say, very doubtful. Because that would mean WDW would have to spend money to replace it.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTwain View Post
    I'm sorry, but I would have to say, very doubtful. Because that would mean WDW would have to spend money to replace it.
    Exactly and I sadly do not see WDW giving up SpectroMagic for a very long time.

• Senior Minion

I think that Philharmagic will appear at DLP for the 20th although it would have fit better in with this year's Mickey's Magical Party. It could replace HISTA although it does not fit in Discoveryland (when has that stopped them though?!).
    Splash Mountain - I would love but there is no chance.
    I don't think WDS will get anything other than TSL for the next few years now but I would love to see an entirely new attraction for Disneyland park - something it hasn't had since Buzz and that was what? 4 or 5 years ago now?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

If there is something for 2012 they might start at least by 2010 for a Big Structure .

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I Heard a rumor saying that Amargadon is being replaced for a narina Walkthourgh like folirda i think.
    There was a rumour floating around last year but with Disney pulling out of distributing the Narnia films, I would assume this idea has been dropped.

As for a new attraction for the 20th I believe Toy Story Mania for the Studios will be annouced possibly next Summer during the opening of Toy Story Playland. Its my understanding that Disney are pushing for every Resort to have this new attraction (Toy Story Mania) and its been recently annouced for DisneySea and is part of the development plan being considered once financing is agreed for Hong Kong Disneyland.

• Pirate - G'har!

DisneySea? How will it EVER fit into DisneySea? Grrr. If I'm honest, I don't think DLP should get anything new for a while, it's an amazing park and the problems lie in maintenance, whereas WDS is the one that needs, well, more stuff. Toy Story Mania? Meh, they may as well.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Its scheduled to go in the American Waterfront area of Tokyo DisneySea. Joe's Disney Resort Photo Site has a bit of concept art up detailing what the attractions entrance will look like. May 7th, 2009: "Cinderella" Attraction and Toy Story Mania! Coming to TDR - Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site

I don't dislike the ride concept, but I don't see why it needs to be themed to Toy Story all the time. Buzz, Woody and the gang do not belong in TDS, and DLP already has Buzz Lightyear and soon Toy Story Playland, so why does it need another Toy Story attraction. I would be much happier to see an attraction based on Ratatouille for the Studios. But something tells me John Lasseter is pushing towards rides based on Movies he's directed and writen like Toy Story and Cars.

If I'm honest, I don't think DLP should get anything new for a while, it's an amazing park and the problems lie in maintenance
    Agreed I would much prefer to see DLP returned to its former glory than any new attractions. For the 20th the best gift for the park would be for a full refurbishment of all the main attractions including enhancements. A full refurbishment of the Castle is also much needed.
    Last edited by Malin; 06-19-2009 at 05:21 AM.

• Pirate - G'har!

Hehe, interesting Lasseter theory... It may be to coincide with Toy Story 3 somehow when the franchise reahces populairty again, but there is something undoubtedly flash-in-the-pan about this strategy. We all assume that all these Pixar films are instant enduring classics, but anything can happen, who knows, in however many years time Finding Nemo might not stick around like Sleeping Beauty.

Philippe Gas has hinted to the french media that an E ticket attraction is being planned for the 20th anniversary of the resort in 2012

Below is a rough translation taken from the TF1 website:

LCI.fr: Be re-examined with the fall your investments? You already devoted 240 million euros to new attractions in 3 years…

P.G.: These attractions are the key of what is Disney: creation, the innovation, capacity to make dream people. We must continue to fill with wonder and we are already thinking of our next phase of expansion. Beyond great attractions like the Tower of terror, which are icons, it there a whole creative work on the entertainment, the parades, shows, the way in which one makes live in front of the visitors the history that one told them being child. It is necessary to play on both.

LCI.fr: That is less expensive than new attractions… Would Disneyland still have the means of launching, in 2010 for example, an attraction as imposing as Space Mountain?

P.G.: That takes a little time to build this kind of attractions! At least three years… Forget 2010 but say you that in 2012, it is the twentieth birthday of Eurodisney. There are already projects and even plans but it is too early to speak about it…

• Not here to help

"These attractions are the key of what is Disney: creation, the innovation, capacity to make dream people."

How does he explain Toy Story Playland? People will dream they are somewhere else.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

so we know that Toy Storyplayland will open for sure in 2010 then now let's talk about 2012 for the big E Ticket Attraction for DL Park .

• Not here to help

yea... they will slap the mermaid on all the parks like a sticker on bags in an airport

here´s your gift DLP. oh by the way... DCA got the same thing and it is not even it´s birthday
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-23-2009 at 03:30 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

In Kirmes & Park Revue it is stated that it is official we get Ratatouille as the new ride for the 20th. So no addition to Disneyland park in the next few years? ???

• Pirate - G'har!

Crikey, another Pixar ride...for heaven's sake ENOUGH! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast