Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: 2012 : Disneyland Paris 20th Anniversary ?

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I think that Philharmagic will appear at DLP for the 20th although it would have fit better in with this year's Mickey's Magical Party. It could replace HISTA although it does not fit in Discoveryland (when has that stopped them though?!).
    Discoveryland might have looked good on paper, but inless they make every attraction in that area, unique, there is no chance that anything will fit in it.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Crikey, another Pixar ride...for heaven's sake ENOUGH! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!
    At least it is an unique design for the park.

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
    At least it is an unique design for the park.
    Best thing DLP could do now is that it will move Buzz Lightyear (Astro Blaster and pizza planet) to WDS. That'll solve the queue and bad location problem.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• RnRCj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    Best thing DLP could do now is that it will move Buzz Lightyear to WDS. That'll solve the queue and bad location problem.
    Agreed. That's the only blatantly out-of-place attraction in Disneyland Park right now. Bring back Le Vis!

As for the Ratatouille attraction... I don't actually mind the idea of it. Toy Story Playland is the big problem at the moment. I think a Ratatouille attraction could actually help to improve the park.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

• Bangarang!

Quote Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
    In Kirmes & Park Revue it is stated that it is official we get Ratatouille as the new ride for the 20th. So no addition to Disneyland park in the next few years? ???
    Seems stupid to celebrate Parc Disneyland's 20th with the only addition being in WDS.

Then again, it will be WDS' 10th Anniversary.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Agreed as well. Buzz should be transported to the studios, and a new, original ride should return to Discoveryland.

I hope there will be an addition to DLP, but you never know. Stranger decissions were made in the past.

• Pirate - G'har!

It seems the 15th may end up a bigger celebration than the 20th! If I'm honest I wouldn't mind if they left DLP alone. Hey, it has stuff that needs a-fixing, but nowhere near as much...

• Bangarang!

Like I said '12 is WDS' 10th anniversary so maybe they'll make more of a whoo-ha about that if Ratatouille is going to happen.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

I thought the Ratatouille ride idea had died but I see it is resurfacing like... a rat in a sewer? I actually like the idea (and the movie) but am still undecided whether the movie was big enough to warrant a ride based on it being built 5 years after it was released.

And talking Pixar, how about an 'Up' version of Soarin'?!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

I thought it was quite popular in Europe. More popular than in the USA.

But why not making rides of older movies? Pinocchio, Peter Pan and Snow White weren't the latest movies. It are very popular rides though. In some way the same for Monsters, Inc in Japan.

• Senior Minion

IMO Ratatouille has yet to attain a 'classic' status. Toy Story? Yes. Even Monsters Inc? Yes. Finding Nemo? Certainly.
    Movies like Hercules, Tarzan and Hunchback were all successful upon release but are hardly remembered the same way as Pinocchio, Snow White or even Alice in Wonderland. I would suggest that although Ratatouille is a great movie (among my favourites from Pixar just as Hunchback is my favouite Disney movie) that a ride based on it is an odd choice.
    Saying all of that, Mr Toad's Wild Ride was hugely popular and that movie never set the world on fire.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

The funny thing is, upon the first release of their animated films they are automatically labelled as 'Animated Classics'. I do find this incredibly amusing, along with the Disney Vault, and presumptious indeed (lest we remind ourselves of Atlantis...) Arguably none of these Pixar films apart from Toy Story (it kind of gets its status by default) can be labelled as classics because they're just not old enough. 20 years and still popular? Maybe so, but who knows what'll happen. Nightmare Before Christmas is now considered a Classic, it's a weird kind of area. As for Rataouille, I don't think it merits a huge E-Ticket, maybe something more on Cars scale, but we still have the issue of over-Pixarisation. If only they'd bite the bullet and make 'Toon Studio' into 'Pixar Studio' they just need to sort out the three (very small and replacable) odd attractions (there already seems to be a division between the Pixar and non-Pixar areas). Anyway, I digress; SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!

• Bangarang!

Truth be told, although I like the idea of another unique to WDS attraction, I'm not exactly bowled over by the idea of a Ratatouille attraction. Dunno exactly why, but I just am.

Walt Disney

• Rock The World

Wow, I'm surprised that the prospect of a giant, trackless Ratatouille dark ride has been met with such a muted response. I think it's great news, although I confess I'm a big fan of the film - possibly Pixar's finest!

But seriously guys, surely this is to be applauded? The Studios Park is still lacking a major ride-type attraction (as opposed to shows or films) that families can experience together. Ratatouille should fill this gap nicely.

As for the Pixarification of the parks, I'm quite happy to see it happening in the Studios (the Disneyland Park is another story altogether), as long as the attractions in question are of a decent quality. So far we've had Crush and Cars, both of which are fine, in my opinion. Toy Story Land is still something of an unknown quantity (I'm trying to reserve judgement until I've seen the finished article, although the concept artwork isn't exactly inspiring) but Ratatouille sounds as though it'll be brilliant!
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

• Bangarang!

^I guess underwhelmed just keeps up the tradition of WDS so far.

Walt Disney

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast