Disneyland Paris Crowds at Easter?

We're going to spend 9 nights at the Marriott Vacation Club that overlooks Golf Disneyland. That gives us 8 full days to take trips into the city of Paris and to visit the parks and environs of Disneyland Paris. Right now, I assume we'll get 3-day Park Hoppers for the Disney parks and 5-day Paris Visite passes for 5 consecutive days of trips to museums, Versailles, the Eiffel Tower, and so on.

Here's the catch... Our arrival is Good Friday (when we'll be exhausted from the red-eye flight across the Atlantic). Saturday is our first full day. Then, Easter Sunday and Easter Monday are public holidays, when many people will be off work. Then the schools are out in France for two weeks. Or so I've read.

I'm worried about crowds at Disneyland Paris and in Paris itself. What would be smarter? 3 Disney days (Saturday through Easter Monday) followed by 5 Paris days? Or 5 Paris days (Saturday through Easter Monday) followed by 3 Disney days? Or possibly putting the 5 Paris days in the middle? (The Paris Visite pass days have to be consecutive.)

Any ideas? Has anyone on this board been there at Easter? (Ian? Anyone else?)

Thanks!
    ** Rich **

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Never been at Easter but I can imagine just like Disneyland in California the Weekends will also bring in Annual Passholders and other locals.So my advice is to try and visit the Resort during the weekdays of your visit to France.But like I said Im no expert when it comes to Easter and maybe Ian or someone else may have a better idea,but thats what I would do.

• MiceAge Columnist

I would avoid Disneyland Paris for the Easter weekend, it will be far busier on Good Friday until Easter Monday.

I think you should go for Paris over the Easter weekend, while it may be busier than in the week, it is a much bigger place and will not be pulling in locals, etc.

Go for the parks during the week and it will be quieter, but still very busy.

Make full use of the FastPass systems and get in the parks as early as you can.

Have a great time and let us all know how you get on.

Ian

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian P

Yes please do and if you have any other questions you know where we are!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian P
    We went on the Thursday and Friday after Easter. My wife, 2 teen daughters and I enjoyed the parks. The crowds were fairly light. We managed to go to almost all of the open attractions in both parks.

The Legend of the Lion King was very well done. I'm glad I knew that I had to get tickets in the morning for an afternoon show. The ticket distribution process went slowly. We ended up with a French language show, because the English language tickets ran out first. No problem. In fact, I think it was more fun in French, even though my French skills are limited to very basic tourist words. The songs were in English in any case.

I made reservations for a late lunch at Auberge de Cendrillon. We had an excellent French dining experience there. With the poor dollar-euro exchange rate, it was pricey, but I'm glad we went.

Hantend Mansion (Phantom Manor), Pirates, and Thunder Mountain were all better than their Florida counterparts.

We manged to have a good time at Walt Disney Studios, although the criticism of this park is legitimate. Cinemagique is a clever movie (with some in-theater effects) that we all really enjoyed. In contact, Amimagique lacked magic due to a tiny cast in a huge theater. At Rock-n-Roller Coaster, we were rushed through the pre-show without getting to see it (it seems to be different than in Florida); and, probably as a result, the scenery during the ride made no sense. The car stunt show was fun, but it's something to see once. And what were they thinking when they designed Armageddon?

I doubt we'll go back to the Disneyland Paris Resort for a long time, so I'm glad we saw so much while we were there.
    ** Rich **

• Banned User

Not even to ride Space Mountain Mission 2 (clearly the best Space Mt on Earth???)

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Not even to ride Space Mountain Mission 2 (clearly the best Space Mt on Earth???)
    Not even for Space Mountain Mission 2 (which, unfortunately, had not yet opened when we were there).

When I wrote, "I doubt we'll go back to the Disneyland Paris Resort for a long time," I wasn't saying that I don't want to go back or that Disneyland Paris is not worth a return visit. It's just that I don't know when I'll be in Paris again. And if we stay in Paris itself, rather than out at the Marriott Vacation Club near Disneyland Paris, I don't know if we'll make the RER journey out to Marne-la-Vallée-Chessy.

By the way, Marriott's Village d'Ile-de-France (the Marriott Vacation Club overlooking Golf Disneyland) is wonderful!
    Last edited by Richfield Autopia; 04-10-2005 at 03:15 PM.
    ** Rich **