Blog Entries

DLP Mickey's Magical Party Grand Opening HD video

Hello! , i finally found back the High-Definition tape of Mickey's Magical Party Grand Opening i was searching since 2 months and a half! I was invited for the Grand Opening at DLP's big event in March, and filmed everything in High-Definition with my Sony HD camera, and when i went back home i could not find the tape!!

After i looked everywhere i began to thought that i really lost it, and, miraculously it reappeared some days ago! I've uploaded it on Youtube, and now you'll be able to see the whole show! What is particularly interesting is that the Mickey's Magical Party show was during the evening. It's a unique occasion to see it at night as at DLP the show happen during daytime at the end of the afternoon.

Also, the laser effects and the firework were only for this magical evening - as well as the big Mickey head screen with projection effects located on the left of the castle. Finally, i shoot everything from the press photographers location, the best location to take picture or movie.

You can see all of this here:

Disney and more: DLP Mickey's Magical Party Grand opening Exclusive Video !

Enjoy!

Re: DLP Mickey's Magical Party Grand Opening HD video

Thanks for Sharing ! I like the videos but i hate Mickey's Magical Party overall .

The show on the Central Stage is good but the rest can go i wont miss it . I like Stars'n Cars .

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Hmmmm, it can all go as far as I am concerned, except maybe Stars and Cars. I do like Playhouse Disney Live however.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Geek

thanks for the video loa,

but it does amaze me as to why they would make the opening night so awesome when the normal show is so lame! it's like saying haha you can't watch this.

• Membre

Great, thanks for the video!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Hmmmm, it can all go as far as I am concerned, except maybe Stars and Cars. I do like Playhouse Disney Live however.
    Sorry but I have to roll my eyes at this comment Baloo. This is the most childish silly show ever put at a Disney park (but of coourse, I have only seen it at DHS, and only because I was forced to see it). You parents with kids need to grow out of that stage.

• Banned User

Ok, just watched the fun videos you put up. I however have to wonder why is this magical party so hated by some... like Bopazot. Based on what I saw on those videos... I do have some problems with the show... namely the loud screaming from some of the performers.. and french Mickey is totally wrong. The french speaker do not sound like Mickey. Very bad show. At least the japanese person who plays Mickey sounds like the character, but in french? Nope, totally misses. The dance choreography on the show looks amateurish, but then again.. this is DLP and DLP has never been all that great in regards to their live shows.. nor have they ever had a good choreographer to design the dance moves in those shows there. Still, let me put this in perspective.. the show itself as seen on those videos are much much much more than what we get at WDW's MK, and in regards to cast.. with all those dancers and characters on stage, are comparable to the greatness in show that is TDR. Simply put, besides TDR, a show like this at WDW, DL or even HKDL would sink the budget. I thought the lasers were a nice touch and so were the fireworks in the end of the show. Nice to see high level shells explode over DLP again, and if that noisy pyro helped tick off the villagers around Marne-la-Valee.. then it was all the more worth it.

All in all.. while not a great effort it seems, I am totally glad that DLP is doing something more meaningful and fun over what we get in the USA parks. Of course, the jury is still out on HKDL's Stitch Summer Event...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

This is the most childish silly show ever put at a Disney park (but of coourse, I have only seen it at DHS, and only because I was forced to see it). You parents with kids need to grow out of that stage.
    I have been reading about four or five of your post today and I'm convinced you've either lost it, or are writing any old rubish in a desperate plee to get attention. If its the later than your in luck because you've got it!

This is the most childish silly show ever put at a Disney park (but of coourse, I have only seen it at DHS, and only because I was forced to see it). You parents with kids need to grow out of that stage.
    Wow even more childish than Super-Duper Jumpin' Time?

Your telling people to grow out of this stage, and than admit to watching the show yourself. Come on now your what 50 years old and still watching stage shows aimed at preschoolers.

namely the loud screaming from some of the performers.. and french Mickey is totally wrong. The french speaker do not sound like Mickey. Very bad show. At least the japanese person who plays Mickey sounds like the character, but in french?
    What? The late Wayne Allwine who previously voiced Mickey sounds nothing like Yakashi Aoyagi who voices Mickey in Japanese. Mickey is a lot more high pitched, although I will credit Yakashi with providing the emotion in the voice that the character needs.

Simply put, besides TDR, a show like this at WDW, DL or even HKDL would sink the budget.
    How can you say that when you've just written a new thread on the DL section that the DLR is turning Japanese. Yeah the Paris show has a lot of performers but the budget was cut from the Lion King and Tarzan shows. Also your being unfair to HKDL as we have seen a number of good show based entertainment projects come from them lately, that could be compared to what there do in Tokyo, so shame on you for not recognizing this.

• Geek

fair comments malin.

also TDLFAN, you are aware this was just the opening night aren't you? maybe a 1000 people tops got to see it and for the rest of the summer it's a mediocre daytime dance number. the way your post read it sounded like you thought this was the show everyday.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    fair comments malin.

also TDLFAN, you are aware this was just the opening night aren't you? maybe a 1000 people tops got to see it and for the rest of the summer it's a mediocre daytime dance number. the way your post read it sounded like you thought this was the show everyday.
    NO I was not awared of this being an opening night only event.. simply because this is the type of spectacles I am used to seeing at TDR on a daily basis... So, where are the videos to the regular daytime show?

on dlrpfans TV you can watch all the videos of mickeys magical party shows.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

and for the rest of the summer it's a mediocre daytime dance number
    So is most of the entertainment you find at TDR, reason why he loves the show so much.

By the way to move the topic away from the direction its going, I would just like to praise the media event shown in Alain's fantastic videos. After seeing a couple of these events including the Tower of Terror opening I can honestly say I think Disneyland Paris knows how to open an event or attraction in spectacular style. So often now we get grand openings at the other Disney parks that fail to match the hype. Take for instance the latest Monsters Inc opening at TDL, where Jay Rasulo and a couple of other OLC execs stood on a stage in World Bazaar with Mickey, Minnie, Sulley and Mike, giving out a corparate speech.