Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

• Minion

Re: Disney's Fast Pass is not free anymore !

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    In short, if people are not clustered and neatly ordered into lines, then they are out and about, jamming walkways, filling shops, and making longer lines at restaurants. If you think about it, more than half the "capacity" of a theme park should rightly be folks standing in line.

If they aren't standing in line, because they have a virtual ghost doing it for them with the FP ticket, then they are somewhere else. Possibly making things more crowded on the street, but more likely in a SECOND line somewhere, thus adding to the standby problems.

A person who obtains a FP and then sits on a bench in the shade, thinking this is preferable to standing up in the "regular" line for those two hours, is not contributing to any problems whatsoever. But that person is an exception, big time.
    I think the only way I could even agree to Disney's new possible FastPass system is if it did work comparable to Unviersal's as you described Kevin. It is allows those who want to not wait in line that opportunity while also allowing the stand-by lines to move almost the same, then I'm all for it!

If not, then I say completely do away with it. I think the people who use FastPass (me included - even though I speak against it...I'm a hypocrite I know - My wife LOVES IT) are only thinking of the experience they have and not of those who don't or can't use it. They don't realize (as Baloo explained) that stand-by is now doubled for non-fastpass holders.

• Minion

Re: Disney's Fast Pass is not free anymore !

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I don't agree with this at all. I remember disneyland pre fast pass and the lines were always crazy long...much longer than they are now.
    Do you have anything to back this up? I completely disagree with you. As a Disneyland Resort visitor every year (anywhere from 1-4 times a year) I have seen the rise in wait times SINCE FastPass.

Indy was never over an hour (except for its opening) and now it is an hour to an hour and a half.

Pirates was always 30 minutes or less pre FastPass. After Fastpass it was 50 minutes or more.

Big Thunder Mountain was almost always 40 minutes or less, now when I go the line is always 50 minutes or more.

Roger Rabbit was typically 30 minutes or less, now it is an hour or longer.

Splash Mountain is always 60 minutes or more with Fast Pass when it used to be 45 or less pre-FastPass.

Space Mountain, don't even get me started there.

Wait times for rides have become almost 2 times as long since FastPass.

Kevin Yee (as well as Baloo) have wonderful points on what the rides were like before. So, for you to say you disagree (which is your opinion and fine) with nothing to back it up, I honestly can't believe you...especially when I've seen it change with my own eyes (as well as Kevin, Baloo, and many many others.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567