View Poll Results: Water Park, or a theme park?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theme Park

23 71.88%
  • Water Park

9 28.13%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Disneyland Resort Paris Third Gate

I'd prefer "Port Disney," which would work in both English and French.

Oh well, let them get the second gate right, first...
    Need magic?

• Tomorrow's Child

^Agreed. DisneySea would have to become MerDisney (or DisneyMer) which doesn't sound to catchy.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

So with recent developments who thinks that DLP may well get a Marvel-themed third gate? Marvel's agreement with Universal re. theme parks doesn't seem to include Europe as shown by Marvel having no presence at Port Aventura. So will Disney take this opportunity to cash in on its latest acquistion?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    So with recent developments who thinks that DLP may well get a Marvel-themed third gate? Marvel's agreement with Universal re. theme parks doesn't seem to include Europe as shown by Marvel having no presence at Port Aventura. So will Disney take this opportunity to cash in on its latest acquistion?
    Absolutely not. I am going to really, really hope that Disney keeps Marvel totally outside the parks. Don't renew the Universal contract, let IoA suffer, but DO NOT bring Marvel into the parks.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    I prefer the idea of a third gate to a waterpark. I'm not sure how well an indoor waterpark would work and know that I would much rather go to either current park than a glorified swimming pool.
    I am not sure what the theme of a third park could be. I like the idea of something like Epcot with factual and educational attractions.
    I remember going to Disneyland Paris with college and having lectures in a big tent behind Star Tours. I would make those kind of facilities more integral in the new park. A high tech education centre for themed talks that could be relevant to anything Disney.
    Great idea, build something that will appeal to Europeans.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sonalex00 View Post
    This is an interesting discussion. thank you for sharing

demande pret personnel
    Welcome to MiceChat. I agree, some brilliant posts in this thread.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FloFelix View Post
    I'd prefer "Port Disney," which would work in both English and French...
    Magnifique - and whoever said la monde, it's LE monde.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    TASMAN, you have not been there. With the exception of the need for more theming, it is seriously better than DHS in WDW
    I haven't been to Antarctica either, but from pictures I think there's more snow there than here in Florida Just a (hopefully) educated guess, similar to my comment on WDS. I see no immersively themed lands, an awful layout, and a grand total of about three rides / shows that are top quality. Hopefully by the time I get round to visiting WDS (very low on the priority list right now...though the next time I'm in Paris I'll definitely side-trip to DLP) things will have changed for the better, but the park has some inherent flaws which will be very difficult ever to rectify. Also, somehow my comments praising the original DLP park were never criticised. Since I've never been there, my impression that it's likely the most beautiful MK park and that it has the best versions of several rides...those must be erroneous as well
    Last edited by tasman; 09-21-2009 at 07:36 PM.
    Down with the Hat

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I did not realise you had not been to DLP either. So yep, I discount them. If you said it looks like....that's fine. But the reality with Disney parks is that being there is far different than looking.

IMHO WDSP has better versions of the Tram Tour, Art of Animation, Rock n Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror (which some agree with, others prefer WDW). Cinemagique is one of Disney's best attractions on the planet. Armageddon (polarising attraction) is on par with Backdraft/Earthquake/Twister at Universal. Moteurs Action is sooooo awesome, they put it in Florida.

Animagique is a cute blacklight show that is better than more of the offerings in Florida too.

And although I think it was a mistake, Crush is very popular and a lot of fun.

Stitch Live is more enjoyable than Turtle Talk and MILF. And Playhouse Disney is on par with it's California and Florida counterparts.

Stars and Cars is better presented in WDSP than it was in Florida.

Cars is fun....

Since we already have Star Tours in DLP (which is the rightful home), the only things lacking from WDSP attraction wise are Muppetvision, the Great Movie Ride, Indy and a few shows.

That said, I would definately welcome more themed table service dining and theming. But to slate it without being there is rediculous. It's like judging DHS from seeing Mickey Avenue alone.

WDSP is a good start, and
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Port Aventure is not a Universal Park anymore.

On the third gate:
    I would rather expect an Indoor Waterpark, although my heart would say: Spend all that money into the existing parks and add Splash Mountain, Indy and Star Tours 2 into the Magic Kingdom and add Fantasmic (or World of Color), a real Holywood Boulevard, 1 or 2 Darkrides, 1-2 Table Service Restaurants, more Toilets and a second signature Ride to the Studios.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by netjack View Post
    Port Aventure is not a Universal Park anymore.
    I did not know that.
    However even when it was there was no Marvel presence.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Before building a third gate or a waterpark, I would fix the hotels, WDS and DLP. As long as there are not enough visitors to make profit, Euro Disney SCA shouldn't invest any money in a new park.

But if they have to build something, because they don't want to lose any landrights, I would prefer a new themepark. A waterpark should not be indoor and I think the weather is not good enough in Paris for an outdoor park.

Does somebody know until when they have to build a third park or a waterpark?

• Tomorrow's Child

When the hoo-haa over the F1 track erupted I remember '20 being mentioned as the cut off date, with "evaluations" and "studies" having to be carried out before that date.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234