Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 50
  1. #1

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Latest News| WDSfans


    Disney Blockbuster Cafe will be split into two themes. One side will come alive with the spirit of High School Musical, while the other side will be for seafairing lubbers of the plunderous antics of scallywags from Pirates of the Caribbean. Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates platter for me.

    Go to the above link and check out the construction pix of the new restaurant. as well as those of the coming Toy Story Playland.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  2. #2

    • Pirate - G'har!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Oh dear, printing banners isn't theming, I could do that. Ugh, the one well-themed eatery in WDS (simple yes, but effective). Toy Story Playland is looking...fun...I think I'd rather have the blank building site...

  3. #3

    • MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles & Orange County
    Posts
    21,346

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    High School Musical eatery? Cafeteria food? Gross.

    Pirates food? Hope you don't get scurvy. They better have lemonade.


    Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

    Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

  4. #4

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    I thought schools didn't let you eat in the gym? That's what it looks like at least.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  5. #5

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Disney Blockbuster Cafe will be split into two themes. One side will come alive with the spirit of High School Musical, while the other side will be for seafairing lubbers of the plunderous antics of scallywags from Pirates of the Caribbean. Yo Ho! Yo Ho! A pirates platter for me.

  6. #6

    • is satisfactual.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Uncanny Valley
    Posts
    2,134

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Once a craphole, always a craphole.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    305

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    I don't get the restaurant, is it supposed to be a movie set? Thats pretty cool I guess.

    Oh dear eh, Toy Story Land. Oh well
    -Tyler

  8. #8

    • Tomorrow's Child
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    England, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,590

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    You know what they say, you can't polish a turd. Glad to see some attempt is being made to bring that deplorable 'hole up to standards even if it does mean hanging up cheap banners.


    "We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

  9. #9

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,464

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    High School Musical and Pirates??? So, basically, "blockbuster" only means 2 movies? Oh brother...

    Also, shouldn't Pirates be contained over at Disneyland? I guess with just hanging up banners as theming, at least they can change them out once something isn't in fashion anymore...but then, when has Disney cared about that lately?

  10. #10

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb View Post
    I know it's a far cry from the best news in the world. Just the same, there's no reason to get hammared over it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1994 View Post
    I don't get the restaurant, is it supposed to be a movie set? Thats pretty cool I guess.

    Oh dear eh, Toy Story Land. Oh well
    Yeah. It's supposed to be split into two different movie sets. Also, Toy Story Playland is mediocre news at best. At least it's something.

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I thought schools didn't let you eat in the gym? That's what it looks like at least.


    Just as it is at a gym, a lot of the people at the restaurant will not take showers.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    You know what they say, you can't polish a turd. Glad to see some attempt is being made to bring that deplorable 'hole up to standards even if it does mean hanging up cheap banners.
    I think that the Blockbuster Cafe just might become everybody's favorite turd. You're right, Hathaway Browne...at least Disney is making an effort to shine things up a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    High School Musical and Pirates??? So, basically, "blockbuster" only means 2 movies? Oh brother...

    Also, shouldn't Pirates be contained over at Disneyland? I guess with just hanging up banners as theming, at least they can change them out once something isn't in fashion anymore...but then, when has Disney cared about that lately?
    At least Disney is being consistant.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-10-2009 at 03:42 PM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  11. #11

    • Rock The World
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    807

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    While these first photos of the new Blockbuster Cafe aren't overly inspiring, I don't think we should rush to judge what is still very much a work in progress. As long as the new HSM and POTC overlays end up being just as detailed as the old Backlot Express, I'll be happy. (And, fyi, the restaurant isn't supposed to be a movie set, it's a props warehouse).
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    Soundtracker you cheeky chipmunk

  12. #12

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    It's dreadful compared to the cafes in Paris. I wouldn't eat there.

  13. #13

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Yeah. It's supposed to be split into two different movie sets. Also, Toy Story Playland is mediocre news at best. At least it's something.
    We don't HAVE movie sets for ANIMATED movies, that's the whole point.

  14. #14

    • Iron-Clad Allie
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    39,388

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    We don't HAVE movie sets for ANIMATED movies, that's the whole point.
    Oh. Well, you're the professional. So, i will abide by your word.

    Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker View Post
    While these first photos of the new Blockbuster Cafe aren't overly inspiring, I don't think we should rush to judge what is still very much a work in progress. As long as the new HSM and POTC overlays end up being just as detailed as the old Backlot Express, I'll be happy. (And, fyi, the restaurant isn't supposed to be a movie set, it's a props warehouse).
    Guess we could consider it a props warehouse type of a restaurant then. ...and props to you soundtracker and CA for your insites.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!


  15. #15

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Construction Photos of Disney Blockbuster Cafe and Toy Story Playland

    Post 12 gets no mention? Because this looks like a prison compared to any French restaurant or cafe in Paris.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [News] Toy Story Playland - the first look!
    By soundtracker in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:06 AM
  2. [Pictures] Walt Disney Family Museum Construction Photos
    By Zticket in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 04:43 PM
  3. [News] Toy Storyland or Playland in the Studios - Construction started !
    By DLRP_bopazot in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-22-2009, 12:01 PM
  4. New Tomorrowland Construction Photos? [1997-98 Photos]
    By RocketRodder in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 07:51 PM
  5. Replies: 24
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 01:20 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •