• Minion

First time next week

So I have been studying in Paris for almost a month now and I've bought a 1 day two park ticket. Now I'm planning to go on Tuesday, how will the crowds be. What should I try to hit up first? I'm planning to get there at park opening and stay til closing. I'm looking to eat at somewhere nice inside Disneyland park, any suggestions and can I make reservations the day of? I know Disneyland Anaheim and WDW like the back of my hand, so this is a new experience going to a completely different Disney park.
    Jeff Wayne

• Membre

Re: First time next week

Hi GhostHostJeff,
    I was there last friday for a quick stop, and DLP was not extremely crowded, however if you prefer to visit the parks with less crowds, visit in september (if possible).

Regarding food, depending on your budget and time you want to spend for meal, I'd simplify as :
    - Counter service restaurants : usually great themes (try to visit some), but food is almost always bad to very bad. Service extremely slow.
    - All-you-can-eat buffets : places are usually very nice and food is OK, good staff, but it's not the best culinary experience you can find, especially in France.
    - Full service restaurants : Try to eat in one of those (reservation usually required). I'd recommend Walt's (Main Street, USA).
    Et voilà!
    Last edited by Olivier; 07-21-2009 at 06:59 AM.

• Minion

Sounds great! Just made a reservation at Walt's for lunch. Thanks for the heads up.
    Jeff Wayne

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    Sounds great! Just made a reservation at Walt's for lunch. Thanks for the heads up.
    Very good choice!
    You'll notice that each room has a specific theme linked to Disneyland Paris lands. Bon appétit!

I've never been to dlp only wdw so my only advice is make sure to ride Space Mountain. You'll notice a huge difference
    Motor Mania!

• Tomorrow's Child

Are you planning to go to WDS at all? Only reason I ask is there's so much to see on your first visit to Parc Disneyland I doubt you'll have the time for the little blunder next door.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Lucky you. Disneyland and DCA are the only Disney parks I've ever been to, so I don't know what to say other than take note of the details that may be similar or different to those in WDW and the DLR.

Since you know them both "like the back of your hand" this could be a very refreshing experience with some familiar features here and there.

Have fun!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Are you planning to go to WDS at all? Only reason I ask is there's so much to see on your first visit to Parc Disneyland I doubt you'll have the time for the little blunder next door.
    I bought a two park one day ticket just because it was only $2 more. So I may go if I have enough time. I honestly only want to go Rockin and Crush haha.
    Jeff Wayne

Good luck and have lots and lots of fun! B-E-Autiful resort!!
    -Tyler

• Tomorrow's Child

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    I bought a two park one day ticket just because it was only $2 more. So I may go if I have enough time. I honestly only want to go Rockin and Crush haha.
    That sounds like a good plan. I'd say that WDS is worth a look, its far from perfect (and in some cases has to be seen to be believed), but it has its own charm. Take the ToT for example, its location is terrible, yet they've managed to make it blend in reasonably well. If I were to recommend attractions, I can only really suggest CineMagique, AniMagique and Armegeddon as they are unique to Paris - but it all depends on your schedule (especially as CineMagique and AniMagique run to show times). But if (and thats a big if lol) you've done all of Parc Disneyland then I'd certainly recommend popping over to have a look.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Mkcoastie

Have a wonderful time! My family and I will be there in September, so I hope to see a fun filled trip report when you return!

• Pirate - G'har!

There's no reason why you can't get a very decent flavour of both parks in a day! Definitely do Cinémagique and R'n'RC (obviously I love ToT but you might have been on the CA version plenty of times) and if you're gonna do Crush (which I do recommend but try to be facing forward) probably best to head their first at the beginning of the day (maybe 9.30ish) and wait it out so it doesn't put a halt to the rest of your day. Armageddon's good but not something to go out of your way for. have a great time!

• Minion

What is the best spot to watch Fantaillusion?
    Jeff Wayne

• Pirate - G'har!

Wherever any one of the villain floats stops, but I don't really know the specifics of that (it may be slightly down to chance). I'm sure there's somebody here who does though!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

The show stops have changed a little, but typically if you stand on the Adventureland side of the castle (near to the front of the castle), you often get the best views. But I can't say this year due to the changes.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!