5 hours for both parks. Can I pull it off?

I'm on vacation at Switzerland for a month and we're taking a train to Paris on the 20th. The thing is, We're only staying for one night and I leave at 5 PM on the 21st. Since the park opens at 10 AM, I'd have about 5 1/2 - 6 hours to roam the parks until 4:30. My mother says it's enough time and that she is willing to pay for me.

I mean, I hear a lot of people saying it takes about 3 days to fully enjoy the parks, but I figured since the opportunity presented itself, I might as well go. I'm not too interested with much of the Fantasyland rides but I do want to enter both parks.

Some of the rides that are a must for me are:
    *Rock n Roller coaster
    *Space Mountain: Mission 2
    *Big Thunder Mountain
    *Indiana Jones
    Small World
    *Peter Pan's flight
    Studio Tram tour

*These rides have fastpasses available, and I was wondering if they had time limits like the one in Disneyland in CA? If not, that would be pretty amazing, hopping from one ride to the other I'm thinking that would be too good to be true though...

I'm planning on going to the Walt Disney Studios park first, just so I can end the day with some sight-seeing at Disneyland.
    ----------------------
    Another thing is that I'm actually going alone (it's a budget issue...) and I was wondering if they had single-rider lines? Just to save time, you know? (And a plan B if the fastpasses have long return times)

You think I can pull this off? 5 hours for 7 rides with almost all fastpasses?

Yea, this sounds a bit messy. Sorry!

• Bangarang!

Re: 5 hours for both parks. Can I pull it off?

Well I managed it in 6 hours (in June) a few years back (also after leaving Switzerland funnily enough). Although I didn't do Space, RnRc or Indy, and I don't use FastPass.

But I'll say it certainly is possible if your willing to stick to the plan.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

As Paris and most of the European Countries are still on their summer breaks Disneyland Paris will be a little busy but yeah you can do it .

Don't forget Phantom Manor , Pirates and stuff.....

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Two parks in five hours sounds like you would be pushing it. Personally I think you would benefit more if you skip the Studios and just visited Disneyland for the five hours.

• De la Terre à la Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Two parks in five hours sounds like you would be pushing it. Personally I think you would benefit more if you skip the Studios and just visited Disneyland for the five hours.
    Totally agree. It's the most beautiful park, you will definitely appreciate it more if you spend the 5 hours there, rather than splitting your time. Just my opinion though, it's your choice after all

Yea, I figured the Disneyland park would be worth more of my time but living in California and having no plans in the near future to go to WDW, I'm dying to try rock n' roller coaster !

I guess I'll just run into the studios park, quickly hop on the rides, and head over to Disneyland. I've got some precious photos to take[:

• De la Terre à la Luke

Quote Originally Posted by Patricia_5119 View Post
    Yea, I figured the Disneyland park would be worth more of my time but living in California and having no plans in the near future to go to WDW, I'm dying to try rock n' roller coaster !

I guess I'll just run into the studios park, quickly hop on the rides, and head over to Disneyland. I've got some precious photos to take[:
    Sounds like a plan, I think RnRC is necessary when visiting! I hope you enjoy yourself

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Hmmmm, I would say No. But still worth trying.

As a californian, I would prioritise Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, and PotC in DLP, maybe Big Thunder (for the awesome bit that shoots under the river). Indy is not worth the wait at all, so only do if a walk on. Explore the dragon's lair and Adventure Isle, also I love the Nautilus walk through too. Alice's Curious Labrynth is unique, and DLP has the most awesome version of It's a Small World including a huge, well done, America room.

I would skip the studios on such short time, especially as Space Mountain and RNRC has so many simularities. The real gem of the resort not in California is Moteurs Action (but that eats 2 hours) and Cinemagique (45 mins - 1 hr). Skip the tram tour - long wait, longish ride, not a great expereince for so little time. It is marginally better than Florida's, but not worth it if you have soooo little time.

Good luck and have fun.

BTW - there are not single rider lines in PAris.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Dancing through life

As much as I do actually like the studios I would say to skip them as I really think you should only do one park.
    Fastpasses are timed and you can only have one at a time.

Considering I haven't done less than 4 days at Disneyland on any of my recent trip (and have spent 8 straight days in the parks and village once) I would hate such a short trip.

Well, we've added another day to the trip. I guess having a whole day at the park works out better >.<

I think it's worth a try, but be aware that you have to add in time for catching the train--and there's always a possibility of delays there.

Like others have said, I'd advise to skip the studios (that's what I did--I had just one day at the resort)--but if you do go--I'm thinking the tram tour would be one to skip. If it is like Florida at all, it's really pretty uninteresting and is a real time-suck when on a tight schedule.

Within Disneyland itself, if you start to run out of time--I'd definitely skip Indiana Jones. I was so looking forward to it, but it's really pretty bland. The ride itself is very short and just not that interesting. That was my only real disappointment at the Paris resort. Instead, I would make time to see the dragon under the castle (one of my most favorite experiences) and for the Nautilus walkthrough (which is gorgeous).

Brer Dan

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    Hmmmm, I would say No. But still worth trying.

As a californian, I would prioritise Space Mountain, Phantom Manor, and PotC in DLP, maybe Big Thunder (for the awesome bit that shoots under the river). Indy is not worth the wait at all, so only do if a walk on. Explore the dragon's lair and Adventure Isle, also I love the Nautilus walk through too. Alice's Curious Labrynth is unique, and DLP has the most awesome version of It's a Small World including a huge, well done, America room.

I would skip the studios on such short time, especially as Space Mountain and RNRC has so many simularities. The real gem of the resort not in California is Moteurs Action (but that eats 2 hours) and Cinemagique (45 mins - 1 hr). Skip the tram tour - long wait, longish ride, not a great expereince for so little time. It is marginally better than Florida's, but not worth it if you have soooo little time.

Good luck and have fun.

BTW - there are not single rider lines in PAris.

• JML

For WDS,
    Crush (first thing to ride), RnRC (not very popular), Cinémagique, the Stunt Show (I really liked it)

For MK,
    Big Thunder Moutain (super busy: Fastpass!!!!), POTC (never too crowded), It's a small world (always charming), Dragon's Lair (go under the castle for a quick glance), Alice's Curious Labyrinth (unique and hopefully revamped).

The DP is charming and is interesting to visit even if you do not go on the main rides. I do not like Space Mountain because the ride is not smooth anymore (borderline unbearable) and it used to be my favorite.

If you intend to go to the WDS, start with them and with Crush because it is the busiest ride: be there early and run for it (seriously) otherwise, skip it. I also happened to like Cars which is way too short but surprisingly good.

Bon courage though because 5-6 hours is really short!
    Jeanmi

Well, nothing worked out. Absolutely nothing.
    I'm not even going to bother with a trip report.
    Bad weather, extremely long lines, and an even SHORTER trip.

Thanks for the tips though!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

WOW, I am guessing you did not have a great time. But please let us know a little more.

Sadly bad weather is the norm for europe. As for the long lines, we can blame the sucky management for the staggered opening and closings.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!