Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,206

    Rides closing early

    I have heard that only a few attractions are open during the last hour of the park's operating day. Does this seem like a permanent change or will the park be operating fully at night next year? When does BTM close? The American versions of BTM are much better at night, so hopefully, DLP's version stays open till park closing.

  2. #2

    • Pirate - G'har!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Yorkshire, England
    Posts
    1,714

    Re: Rides closing early

    BTM is 10.45pm I believe and then SM and Buzz are 11pm. It's a flippin' joke, but part of me says it could be a sensible decision business-wise. I know I would be put off being tied to either Frontierland or Discoveryland with only 1 or 2 attractions and no way out.

  3. #3

    • Disneyland Paris Fan
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    The Netherlands; about 500 km from DLP!
    Posts
    142

    Re: Rides closing early

    I am visiting the end of september (21th and further).

    Anyone know if the Storybookland and Casey Junior will be open on weekdays?
    My hopes aren't high up, since these summer they were mostly closed I have heard.
    But maybe we are lucky! My 3 year old really likes these kind of attractions.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    294

    Re: Rides closing early

    I visited off-season on a weekday, and they were closed. They weren't listed on the website, just once you got to the park. I wish you luck!


    Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    I am visiting the end of september (21th and further).

    Anyone know if the Storybookland and Casey Junior will be open on weekdays?
    My hopes aren't high up, since these summer they were mostly closed I have heard.
    But maybe we are lucky! My 3 year old really likes these kind of attractions.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    front seat on a Roller Coaster !
    Posts
    1,695

    Re: Rides closing early

    because BTM is a major E Ticket in the Area it stays open till closing . Except when it broke down . BTM is fun to ride at night here too .

    On the second lift hill you can enjoy the view on HTH lighted up . As WDS is not open at night .

  6. #6

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Rides closing early

    BTM at night - possibly my favourite DLP experience.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    93

    Re: Rides closing early

    Casey Jr and the Canal Boats were open on Fridays and Saturdays only this Summer from 11.00am to 7.00pm. On the days we were there a large crowd built up at the rope before they were finally opened aand they were busy until they closed. Reduced operation for these attractions during busy periods is unjustifiable in my view.

  8. #8

    • Dancing through life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    79

    Re: Rides closing early

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney_Dad View Post
    Casey Jr and the Canal Boats were open on Fridays and Saturdays only this Summer from 11.00am to 7.00pm. On the days we were there a large crowd built up at the rope before they were finally opened aand they were busy until they closed. Reduced operation for these attractions during busy periods is unjustifiable in my view.
    It has always seemed crazy to me that these rides are closed so often. I can understand them closing earlier in the day as they are aimed at younger children who need to go to bed earlier but to not open at all is unjustifiable.
    I love both these rides and even think it would be cool to go on them when it's dark but I don't think that will ever be possible!

  9. #9

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Rides closing early

    In all my visits to DLP, I have never managed to catch these two attractions open at a time when I would use them.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  10. #10

    • Dancing through life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    79

    Re: Rides closing early

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    In all my visits to DLP, I have never managed to catch these two attractions open at a time when I would use them.
    It took me a few visits before I managed to go on Autopia, it always seemed to be closed.

  11. #11

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Bloody miles away
    Posts
    6,904

    Re: Rides closing early

    Quote Originally Posted by fiyero View Post
    It took me a few visits before I managed to go on Autopia, it always seemed to be closed.
    I have never done Autopia either - although that is entirely by choice.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011





  12. #12

    • Dancing through life
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    79

    Re: Rides closing early

    Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I have never done Autopia either - although that is entirely by choice.
    LOL

    I don't drive so it still holds a certain thrill for me.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Rides after park closing? What time do rides shut-down?
    By Darth Mickey in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-12-2009, 10:33 AM
  2. [Question] DCA construction and early closing - what have I gotten myself into?
    By TheGreatGummi in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 10:44 PM
  3. [Chat] Disney rides breaking down and closing early?
    By Alice in Wonderland in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
  4. [Trip Report] DL closing early 02/16
    By justjohn in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 02-18-2009, 11:37 PM
  5. closing times too early?
    By startours1 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-05-2008, 03:12 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •