Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Splash Mountain For DLP???

hey guy´s

read this artikel Disney and more: Is Splash Mountain back in the game for DLP's 20th Anniversary attraction ?

its really interessting!
    it wonders me cuz i was thinking, ratatouille would be the
    parks new e-ticked, but now it seems disney don´t know
    til now what to build for the 20th....

Re: Splash Mountain For DLP???

That is a Great Family photo of Al Weiss , DLP's CEO and MACK Rides Family in Europa Park .

• Senior Minion

I thought we were overdue a Splash Mountain rumour. I doubt there's anything in it frankly.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• is satisfactual.

Yeah, count me among the skeptics too.

• Minion

I love Alain's blog, but he has been speculating a lot recently. Not so long ago he stated with some confidence that the big ride for DLP' 20th was going to be the Little Mermaid. Then just a couple of weeks ago he asserted with great certainty that the big ride for the 20th was Ratatouille for WDS and that the original park wouldn't get anything, except perhaps a Star Tours update. Now today, the new rumour is Splash Mt...based on a big leap of faith based on one line from a newspaper reporter that mentions water rides.

DLP might get Splash eventually, but I don't see this newspaper article as proof of anything.

Also...a pet peeve of mine...why is every "rumor" thread labeled as "news" in these forums?
    Down with the Hat

Sorry it was my mistake not to put it as a rumour!

so here ist the artikle but its in german, so you have to put it through a
    translator or something!

Führungsspitze des Disney-Konzerns begeistert vom Europa-Park - PARKSCOUT

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Rumour or not, one does wonder why all those Disney hot shots so openly visit Europa park. And also mention something about 'water rides'.

We will just wait and see. Hopefully they will not build some cheap version of Splash Mountain.

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    Hopefully they will not build some cheap version of Splash Mountain.
    Right. I experienced Splash Mountain at Tokyo Disneyland, and the attraction is just fantastic as it is! Don't change anything.

• Cool Yule

Makes you wonder if they do go through with it, if they will stick to the form book or go for a completely unique experience for Paris?

And I'm not talking about those who say "no one knows Song of the South".

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Hitchhiker

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Makes you wonder if they do go through with it, if they will stick to the form book or go for a completely unique experience for Paris?
    Ah, they'll build this to WDS as Ratatouille Sewer Expedition(tm) ride.

----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Cool Yule

Crazy as it sounds, that's the sort of different experience I was thinking of.

I should say I would much rather they build a "traditional" Splash with all the correct characters.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post

Also...a pet peeve of mine...why is every "rumor" thread labeled as "news" in these forums?
    In fairness to Baby-T the content of Alain article is taken from a press release from Europa Park. So the fact that so many Disney management were seen at Europa Park, which according to Alain, is basically a Mack Rides showroom is news. It's not the "I overheard a imagineer" or my mate sells icecream in frontierland" type post.

So while the leap to Spash Mountain is questionable there is certainly reason to discuss why this press release was put out. Disney, I would imagine, cleared the wording so they do want the world to know they are interested in water rides from a manufacturer that have a system suitible for Europe.

I don't know how much prestige is gained the ride industry to have Disney as a client but I suspect it is worth something in itself. Perhaps this a part of a deal. Disney have worked with Vekoma for a while now a change to Mack might be a worth a discount.

I don't think working with a cheaper ride system need automatically lower the quality of a ride. It's the imagineers that make the difference not the track. As long as it is reliable that is!

So is the construction team for Splash about to but up those lovely blue fences? I doubt it. Is there hope for water ride at DLP. I would say there is more hope now than before this article. Let's discuss the news and not reduce this thread to another 'I love splash mountain" rant.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    And I'm not talking about those who say "no one knows Song of the South".
    It of course has been discussed on this forum many times already (mainly by me!) that the SotS characters are probably now more recognised within mainland Europe than in Northern America. This is due to the massive circulation of Disney comics and the fact that Brer Rabbit and co. commonly featured in these stories. SotS would be a more logical choice at DLP than in any other park but (and again I am repeating myself) I still like the idea of a Jungle Book-themed Splash.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Another note; If they do choose to build a Splash Mountain type attraction for 2012, they better start planning and bulding soon! These kind of attractions aren't build in a few months and 2012 is effectively only 2 years away!

So if it is going to happen around 2012, we will probably be seeing some developments pretty soon!

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    It of course has been discussed on this forum many times already (mainly by me!) that the SotS characters are probably now more recognised within mainland Europe than in Northern America. This is due to the massive circulation of Disney comics and the fact that Brer Rabbit and co. commonly featured in these stories.
    I strongly agree with Nathan here. SOTS is very well known in a great part of Europe. Here in the Netherlands they still feature on a regular basis in our comic magazine Donald Duck.

But I personally would not mind another kind of theme (western, jungle etc), as long as the basis of the ride is the same like other Splash Mountains. Part dark-ride/part thrill ride.

Let's keep our fingers crossed once more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post

I strongly agree with Nathan here. SOTS is very well known in a great part of Europe. Here in the Netherlands they still feature on a regular basis in our comic magazine Donald Duck.

Let's keep our fingers crossed once more.....

Yes I feel like SOTS is just as well known in Europe as it is in the US. In fact none of my Americans friends have seen the movie!!! They just know the song.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast