Booked for January

Just wanted to share that we just booked for 3 days/2 nights from 7 January . Me, DH, DD 19 and DS 17. This is a break and indulgence of my Disney tragic fannishness between a week in London and 8 days in Paris.

Traveling on the direct Eurostar, and that will be easy as we are staying a few minutes from the station in Bloomsbury.

Still not sure if it is work adding on Disney express to save time checking in and travel on the RER.

Staying at Hotel E'Lysee at Val d'Europe. This was not only cheap as a package, but more importantly has a double and 2 single sofa beds. Can't expect the kids to share a bed at their age. It also is the only partner hotel with early entry, which is important as we only really have 2 days in the park, as we arrive after lunch and have to book in in Paris mid afternoon.

I would have paid the extra for Newport Bay or New York if the offered some single beds. I think it is crazy. Even when our kids were little they couldn't share a bed as DS is a very restless sleeper. For family hotels the bedding choices were a real minus.

We have thermals, and I am prepared for expensive food. Plan to dine in Walts, and hope that Pirates and PM are open. Other than that , we will just wing it.

I promise a trip report, and am planning photos of the UK and Paris also.
    Last edited by tell no tales; 10-01-2009 at 07:23 PM. Reason: I can't spell rite
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

• Senior Minion

Re: Booked for January

Lucky you.

But be aware that the parks may be in a slight state of disarray following the Christmas season. Some of the decorations may still be up but not operational and because that is low season, some of the attractions, shows and restaurants will not be open.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Thank you so much for the post. It's really useful.

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by tell-no-tales View Post
    Plan to dine in Walts,
    Very good idea! That is my favourite restaurant in Disneyland Paris.

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Hotel Elysee is located very near to the RER-station, this station is only one stop from DLP (very easy, very short). So I don't think Disney Express is worth it.

thanks for your comments.

Nathan, I know that the parks won't be at their high season best. The time is cheaper happily by coincidence, as it fits into our schedule. Trade off is cheaper, and less crowded, I hope.

Tommie, I was thinking that with Disney Express we would get into the park quicker, as no travel to hotel, buying a carnet of tickets, and waiting to check in. I have to decide if an hour extra is worth the money.

hudwrisad -I got great info from here, Trip Advisor and the dis boards.
    Last edited by tell no tales; 10-01-2009 at 07:22 PM. Reason: grammar

I have also never seen Fantasmic as it is always down when I have been to DLP, so I am resigned to things being closed. Just hoping not Pirates.

January in DLP just expect very very slow crowds on weekdays and OK attendance on weekends . Parks might close around 6pm or 7pm or so but it is way enough when you have a park just for yourself .

• Disneyland Paris Fan

Quote Originally Posted by tell-no-tales View Post
    Tommie, I was thinking that with Disney Express we would get into the park quicker, as no travel to hotel, buying a carnet of tickets, and waiting to check in. I have to decide if an hour extra is worth the money.
    That's true. On you first day Disney Express migth save you some time. On the other days (don't now if you book DE for a single ticket or your stay or something) the RER is defenitely quicker!

Do remember (as I had forgotten...) that you don 't accidentaly buy a carnet of regular metro tickets only valid within Paris city limits (the won't open the doors to the platforms). You have to really buy a ticket from Val d'Europe tot Marne La Vallee - DLP (and vice versa)
    On the machines you have to choose the option (don't know the exact description) where you buy tickets from/to a certain station. Option two or tree I believe. One way is about 1,60.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommie View Post
    That's true. On you first day Disney Express migth save you some time. On the other days (don't now if you book DE for a single ticket or your stay or something) the RER is defenitely quicker!

Do remember (as I had forgotten...) that you don 't accidentaly buy a carnet of regular metro tickets only valid within Paris city limits (the won't open the doors to the platforms). You have to really buy a ticket from Val d'Europe tot Marne La Vallee - DLP (and vice versa)
    On the machines you have to choose the option (don't know the exact description) where you buy tickets from/to a certain station. Option two or tree I believe. One way is about 1,60.

thanks for the tip.

I went in Jan this year and it was great. Besides being cold, pretty much everything was open that is important besides the rivers of America and a couple of fast food restaurants and the longest I waited for any ride was 10 mins for Pirates. Everything else was pretty much walk on. At night there was no wait for anything. Just dress warm as it gets seriously cold there.