Disney Witches Dance Spells Party
    http://www.dlrpfans....e-spells-party/
    Disneyland Resort Paris Fans
    www.dlrpfans.be

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: Halloween 2009 Videos

Thank you yet again filipv for sharing video from this years event

First lets discuss the positive Disneyland Paris has to be one of the few Parks left that has Halloween streetsmophere acts around the parks. I also love that the park offers unique Character photo ops in the park with Mickey and Co all dressed up in special Halloween costumes.

Now the negative and its a big one this Halloween Event just comes across stale and very lazy. I can apreciate the park is not going to have a TDR style budget each year, but they are ways the park could be a bit more creative in its offerings. All the decorations are from previous events and they were tacky back than and look even more terrible this year too. Why must Mickey's Party Time continue to run with an alternative ending. The show sucks anyway and it looks even worst with all the villians bumping up and down to that soundtrack. That Castle Stage is a great location to put on some incredible shows, but instead its being put to waste. Ok the third year now that the daytime Parade has started with a pre Halloween parade, and its just lazy, perhaps next year we could give the Once upon a Dream Parade a overlay and replace the soundtrack with something more original.

Disney's Witches Dance Spells Party is another lazy effort using music from previous Halloween shows at WDW. Emmanuel Lenormand has been the show director for Halloween for the last 4-5 years and I think he needs to go, unless he's going to shake things up for next years event. Because its the same crap each year and not a lot of it, is really creative to begin with.

With the suscess of Ghost Galaxy at Disneyland this year would it really sink the budget to try this overlay on Space Mountain next year.

• hatbox ghost believer

Wonderful videos. Thankies for sharing!
    Jon A. Leslie
    nojarama
    http://www.nojarama.com

• Membre

Great videos, THANKS!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

Lovely videos and thanks for sharing
    Though I'm starting to wonder if DLP is the home of OOC disney characters... like all the dancing and weirdness from characters that shouldn't act in such a way. I love how apethetic Cruella looks during Mickey's Magical Party
    Also interesting that they rehash music from WDW

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Thanks for the Great Video!!!!!!

What surprises me is that DLP usually does so many things right! AND WOW! Seeing Gaston with the villains is terrific!!!! But I really hate the Pumkin People decorations on Main Street, I really like how DL Anaheim decorates for Halloween, much better.

The other thing I have to mention about Main Street at DLP, I really can't stand the Banners they place on Main Street, in detracts Considerably from how nice the building on Main Street are.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

THis was a great video, fantastic work. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed, this year (like so many things at DLP lately) seems lack lustre. But I have to say, the free face painters, Jack and Sally, the undead band and the preparade are great. That Gaston looks brilliant!

But all the other stuff is meh compared to previous years IMHO. Also, is the scarecrow pinata on again this year? That has always been a highlight for our kids.

Hmmm, personally I wish we had the fireworks of DL, the special parade of WDW's upcharge party, the decor of Tokyo, along with Jack and Sally and the bands, then we would have the very best offerings of Halloween.

In the past I have not minded the pumpkin men so much, but they are looking old and tired.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

But all the other stuff is meh compared to previous years IMHO
    This is true and my concern is that in order to make the ticketed events more appealing to locals and Guest, the park is cutting back on its regular Halloween events. I do have concerns Disneyland Paris is heading in the direction of the Magic Kingdom and that scares me.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Sadly that has been my feeling for the last 2 - 3 years. The refurbs and attractions opened in the last 5 years have been fab, and the cast are getting much better. But DLP has been following the poor WDW model for a few years and is a breeding ground for mediocre management - Rasulo, Holz, Special K et al.

It is so frustrating that much of what is great about DLP is legacy. The future looked so bright when Lion King opened and they were building Tower.

Now we have poor rubberheads shows on the hub, meet and greets instead of Main Street vehicles, breaks in theme, and poor quality fun fair toon attractions. Not cool at all.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Main Street Vehicles are riding as normal now.

No there is no Pinata this year
    Disneyland Resort Paris Fans
    www.dlrpfans.be