• Membre

Arrow "We're approaching profitability in the next coming years" Karl Holtz

I just wanted to share this recent quote (sorry for poor translation) by Karl Holz... full of hope !

http://www.boursorama.com/infos/actu...L&news=3009972 (october 18, in french only)

• e komo mai

Re: "We're approaching profitability in the next coming years" Karl Holtz

Edited to remove article link... Oops

I think this is interesting news.

On the same note, what worries me is that the Tower of Terror in DCA didn't help the low attendance numbers. Will it help the Paris Disney Studios numbers? I don't think so...

• e komo mai

A rough Google translation.
    EURO DISNEY envisages a growth of its sales on 2004/05 (AOF) - Euro Disney maintains its forecast of a growth of its sales turnover on 2004/2005 (closed on September 30), declared Tuesday at the Reuters agency its chairman Karl Holz. "We will approach profitability during next years" promised the leader made last May at the head of the group. (AOF)

MORE ACTIVITY OF The COMPANY
    Euro Disney S.C.A. and its subsidiary companies exploit the site of Disneyland Resort Paris which includes/understands the Park Disneyland, the Park Walt Disney Studios, 7 Hotels of a capacity of approximately 5 800 rooms (by excluding the 2 033 rooms from the hotels located on the site held by external partners), two centers of congress, the center of entertainments Disney Village and a golf of 27 holes. The activity of the Group also includes/understands the management and the development of a site of 2 000 hectares including approximately 1 000 hectares of land reserves.

FORCES AND WEAKNESSES OF the VALUE strong points of the value -
    The amusement park Disneyland Paris is the first tourist destination in France and Europe, with more than 12 million visits per annum. The launching of new attraction is designed to instigate the frequentation. - Euro Disney finalized February 2005 a significant financial reorganization including/understanding a new issue of capital of more than 250 million euros. - Euro Disney profits from the support of its head office, the Walt Disney Company which granted deferred payments of the royalties, a credit limit and subscribed to height of 100 MEUR to the new issue of capital buckled in February 2005. Weak points of the value - the group suffers from a debt very high of more than 2 billion euros. - Several years will be still necessary for a return for the benefits. - the level of frequentation of the parks is not with the height, particularly for the park Disney Studios devoted to the cinema. - the group must pour a significant share of its incomes at the head office, in the form of royalties. They represent the remuneration of the manager and the royalties of licences. Walt Disney however strongly softened the rules of payment vis-a-vis the difficulties of its subsidiary company to 40,6 %.

HOW TO FOLLOW the VALUE
    Distributive firm of leisures, Euro Disney is sensitive to the evolution of moral households, and thus to that of the economic situation within the countries concerned with the park (primarily France, the Benelux countries and the United Kingdom). The level of the frequentation is the indicator headlight on which all the glances are turned. In addition, taking into account the weak unit amount of the title, Euro Disney is often regarded as a value of trading.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hmm. I don't know, I forsee ToT helping because by then Toon Studios will be up and running. Toon Studios itself might not get more people in...but those who go will have a better expirience. This word of mouth plus ToT will have others saying "Oh...three new things...I can stop by" and so on.

I'm very sure that ToT and Toon Studio's will help WDS. I think ToT will become the landmark of WDS and hey, who doesn't like a Nemo-ride
    - Milo

• ...lurks...

Good deal, glad to hear it.

• UH..LIKE DUH..

So much depends on the European economy, something that has been in the dumps since the park opened. they have managed to eek out a small profit in the past, so im sure they'll find a way to do it again.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Cabin
    So much depends on the European economy, something that has been in the dumps since the park opened. they have managed to eek out a small profit in the past, so im sure they'll find a way to do it again.
    They were managing quite fine and were finally on a roll. Then Burbank built the studio's, and everything went back to square one.