Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

•   
    • WishICouldBePartofYourWWW

Re: Disneyland Paris Dec 11, 2009 - Trip Photos by JDN

Quote Originally Posted by Starshyne View Post
    So if I had to just do one, do you think Space Mountain or Indy???
    Starshyne, if I had to choose, I would do Space Mountain Mission 2. Indy is a decent coaster, but as far as theming and story and such, it is lacking.

Yes, the train station is very convenient. Just get on an RER A train that has the "Disneyland Parc" stop lit up on it. You will also need a ticket for the outer regions, as Disneyland isn't in the "city center", so the ticket is a few more euros than a standard subway ride. Depending how much you will be riding the subway, you might looks into a Paris Visite card for unlimited metro/bus rides for designated number of days. Also, it gets you discounts at museums and disneyland tickets. Hotels in Paris also regularly have tickets for sale, so if you want to save a few euros, shop around to see what the best deal is.

Oh, and one more thing -- I don't know how good your French is, but don't be nervous at all about that in the park... Everyone is very helpful in whatever language you need (it would seem)!!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing these great shots with us, JDN. I really love the look of this park and I hope to visit it some day.

• Banned User

Iv'e never really looked at photos of the other Disney Parks. Paris is totally different than Disneyland and looks totally different than WDW. The Castle though really upsets me. The castles at Disneyland and Magic Kingdom are awesome, I saw the castle at Paris and thought "thats the castle? Thats it?" Whats up with Discoveryland? Why isn't it Tomorrowland? It seems like it's a weird Disney park to visit

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Funny, I hate WDW's castle because it looks too much like a fortress than a palace. And IMHO, Discoveryland is a much nicer environment than any of the Tomorrowlands. The differences of DLP is what makes it great. It has the magic of DL, the size of MK (it's actually bigger) and the attention to detail of DAK.

Sadly the park has been in decline for over a decade in terms of watering down the quality, but what the imagineers developed is some of their best work.

And the castle is awesome, especially inside, with the AA dragon in the dungeon and the wonderful tapestry and stained glass work in the gallery. In a place where there are 100's of castles that look like WDW's within an hour or two drive, or like DL's in a few hours, they needed something very different and special.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12