Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dlp 2010

• Geek

Dlp 2010

Hey everyone,

just thought i'd start a thread for us to discuss our thoughts on the year ahead.

what are people's plans for trips this year?

I'm thinking April again for a week (i love spring) or possibly as soon as feb if the price is right. i think all the uk discounting may end at the end of march.

i would love to go for Halloween as well but if i go visit my sister in the US (which i usually do in sep/oct) i might make it to WDW for a day or two.

what about TS playland? anyone bothered? i think the themeing will be nice but as an adult the rides won't affect me. and the new generation thing? again not too excited but anything other than MMP will be good :-)

anyway, happy new year for Friday everyone.

oh yeah, what's everyone's 2010 wish for DLP? mine is a TS midway mania announcement :-)

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Re: Dlp 2010

Hmmm, not sure if I should comment because it is not good.

We will be going May half term and staying in our Villa on the DLP golf Course (I am looking forward to this!).

But I hate TSPL and think it is wrong on so many levels.

I have very low expectations for the next gen festival

The announcements for Earl of Sandwich and a World of Disney are cool (but only if on the same level as the US offerings - not if they are more of the same crap sandwiches and generic merchandise offered across property).

I can't wait for 2010 in DLP to be over, hoping the future is brighter.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

My thoughts about DLP ? hum hum I wish NEW GENERATION think not too last that long . Because it's sounds crap !!!!

Toy Storyplayland is the new thing for the Studios for this year . So as everything will be focused of that just expect the shows and other stuff to be very little .

Annoucements ? Why not but this would be in preparation for the 20th Anniversary and future attractionS . As Disneyland Paris still don't know which attraction could be better it's still in negotiation with WDC and ED SCA .

Remember that the WDC still decides everything for Disneyland Paris . So if the WDC wants a bigger temporary intertainment rather than a big attraction that would cost more in maintenance and stuff like that .

I just wish for Ratatouille to be announced very soon or another copy of Toy Story Mania as TDR will get one too .

I know it is not the same, but Santa brought the kids TSM for the Wii for Christmas. It was very poor. I am skeptical the ride would be much better. I would rather Rat, or even Tokyo Pooh (even though I am not a fan of Pooh), or Indy, Splash or Soarin'

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Interesting thread, my own plans for Disneyland Paris are to visit in September, which are already booked. I was considering staying somewhere like the New York but in the end picked the Santa Fe, as the savings made could easily pay off the flights. And most of the Hotels are poor standard now days anyway, all your actually paying for is the name and location.

I don't have much hope for the New Generation Festival as its really just the same old recycled stuff from the 15th and Mickey's Magical Party.

TSPL is something else I'm not interested in seeing but I will still check it out as it will give our first idea of how these additions will work in Hong Kong. Although I'm not likely to queue for any of the rides as capacity is so small for each new attraction that a 1-2 minute ride is not worth my time, when you could be facing a 60 minute wait time.

As for wishes for the new year, I'm hoping all the plans that are being hinted at by online Forums start to see construction. A unique to the Studios Ratatouille dark ride would be nice, as well as continue expansion to the Village. I would also like to see them continue the placemaking project that started at the Studios a few years back. Oh and I have had to come back and re edit this because I forgot something, how about finally restoring the Castle, that has witnesed years of neglect.

I know it is not the same, but Santa brought the kids TSM for the Wii for Christmas. It was very poor.
    I was also given the game for Christmas, and after riding both TSM at DHS and DCA I would say the game was disapointing, but its a much better gaming experience when playing it live at the park. But I agree I wouldn't want Mania to replace Ratatouille as the next big attraction.
    Last edited by Malin; 12-30-2009 at 02:09 AM.

• RnRCj

I have little interest in visiting DLP in 2010. Toy Story Playland doesn't interest me one bit, and the New Generation Festival doesn't interest me either.

In fact, for the first time since I started going to DLP, there is actually nothing that really makes me want to go this year.

http://www.rnrcfans.webs.com - a Rock 'n' Roller Coaster fan website.

Quote Originally Posted by jacoaster View Post

In fact, for the first time since I started going to DLP, there is actually nothing that really makes me want to go this year.
    For the first time since DLP opened, this time I am thinking more about doing other things in the area and am mainly going for the children's benefit. I would love to go to DL, TDL or HKDL, but sadly this is our local park (and used to be the greatest, that's what makes this so tragic).

• Geek

Interesting replies guys. we all seem disillusioned with the new stuff.

i also got TSM for the wii and thought the themeing and games themselves were fun it was just the lack of them and the actual gameplay which sucked. the lack of control was very frustrating. anyway, having not been on the ride i still have hope for it's awesomeness, although if it's not that great i want splash.

also if new generation is as pointless as MMP is then i'll just do what i did in april and use the time they are on to take advantage of the smaller crowds elsewhere in the park :-)

• 1 man can make a difernce

Good replies by all.

My g/f and I are planning on going for a day or two in April before our cruise. This will be our first visit to DLP. Any tips?
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Banned User

also if new generation is as pointless as MMP is then i'll just do what i did in april and use the time they are on to take advantage of the smaller crowds elsewhere in the park :-)
    Luckily I skipped visiting this year so everything new from Mickey's Magical Party will be a brand new experience.

This will be our first visit to DLP. Any tips?
    Exactly what would you like to know ?

• 1 man can make a difernce

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post

Exactly what would you like to know ?
    Best places to eat would be great.
    Not anxious to die Sir, just anxious to matter.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jediz28

• Banned User

For fine dining at Disneyland park I would choose Walt's on Main Street or the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland. The Blue Lagoon Restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean attraction is also a good choice for theming and atsmophere. The Auberge de Cendrillon located in the Park's Fantasyland offers Princess Character Dining. The rest of the park is made up of the stardard burgers, fries, pizza's etc. The same can be said for most of the food offerings at the Studios. The Restaurants inside the hotels are catered towards the dining plans featuring buffet's, with a couple of exceptions with one being the fantastic California Grill at the Disneyland Hotel.

The Village offers the most unique dining experience with some interesting selections raging from Annette's Diner to King Ludwig's Castle. For more details on the Resort's dining see websites Disneyland Resort Paris - The Ultimate Food Guide and DLRP Review - Disneyland Paris reviews, tips and ratings, by YOU!

Hope this is some help to you.

As I have stated before I am super thrilled and a little scared about my first (and who knows only??) visit to DLP June 12-13, 2010. I know it is most likely going to be crowded and lines will be long, but oh well. It doesn't matter what changes they are making to me because it will all be new to me! After beingn to WDW in 08 and DLR in 09, it will be interesting to compare the Paris park to the U.S. ones. I am really looking forward to it.

Sara
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    For fine dining at Disneyland park I would choose Walt's on Main Street or the Silver Spur Steakhouse in Frontierland. The Blue Lagoon Restaurant inside the Pirates of the Carribean attraction is also a good choice for theming and atsmophere. The Auberge de Cendrillon located in the Park's Fantasyland offers Princess Character Dining. The rest of the park is made up of the stardard burgers, fries, pizza's etc. The same can be said for most of the food offerings at the Studios. The Restaurants inside the hotels are catered towards the dining plans featuring buffet's, with a couple of exceptions with one being the fantastic California Grill at the Disneyland Hotel.

The Village offers the most unique dining experience with some interesting selections raging from Annette's Diner to King Ludwig's Castle. For more details on the Resort's dining see websites Disneyland Resort Paris - The Ultimate Food Guide and DLRP Review - Disneyland Paris reviews, tips and ratings, by YOU!

Hope this is some help to you.
    I totally agree with Malin. I think Silver Spur has the best food in the park, but Walt's has good food and the very best decore for hard core Disney fans. For something special, California Grill, though expensive, is awesome. If on a budget, Annette's is great (and I too like KIng Ludwigs). My second fav restaurant after Cal Grill is the Steakhouse in the VIllage, very special. And also, do not forget the awesome Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show - the food is ok, but the show is one of the VERY best things Disney have created anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Gino USMC View Post
    Best places to eat would be great.
    I want popcorn now thanks to your avatar lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast