Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Ratatouille Or Little Mermaid... What Will DLP 20th Aniversary Attraction Be?

For it's 20th Anniversary celebration, I must confess that I'd like to see DLP get an E-Ticket Ratatouille ride/restaurant. The reason being is that this sounds fun and exciting... and it would be a one-of-a-kind attraction that doesn't exist anywhere else on the planet. However, WDI is currently developing Little Mermaid for Disneyland Resort (first) and WDW (second), so it would be far less expensive to slap a clone into DLP. Am curious about what you think with respect to these two competing rumored attractions.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Ratatouille Or Little Mermaid... What Will DLP 20th Aniversary Attraction Be?

Although TLM would be a clone of the US-attractions, I want to see this ride, because DLP deserves a new attraction for its 20th birthday.

The last attraction DLP received was Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. So it's really time for a new attraction.

On the other hand Ratatouille would be just in DLRP and nowhere else and WDS is still a small park and needs an expansion.

• Minion

Re: Ratatouille Or Little Mermaid... What Will DLP 20th Aniversary Attraction Be?

Both parks need the additions, so I'm not sure if I could argue for one over the other first.

Can we have both?

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

I say that it should be Ratatouille. The concept for this attraction is very interesting and would be a wonderful addition to the Paris resort. I actually wish they had gone with the ratatouille idea for DCA as a replacement for Mullholland instead of goofy sky skool. I think they could have made the theme made fit with the eateries next to it.

A ratatouille ride would also give Paris and exclusive ride since Mermaid is already being cloned at WDW

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Although TLM would be a clone of the US-attractions, I want to see this ride, because DLP deserves a new attraction for its 20th birthday.

The last attraction DLP received was Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast. So it's really time for a new attraction.

On the other hand Ratatouille would be just in DLRP and nowhere else and WDS is still a small park and needs an expansion.
    Seems like Disney would cut loose with the purse strings and give DLP two big attractions for it's 20th aniversary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Both parks need the additions, so I'm not sure if I could argue for one over the other first.

Can we have both?
    Yes you may! Just wanted you to here the positive response.

I'll definitely keep my fingers cross for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I say that it should be Ratatouille. The concept for this attraction is very interesting and would be a wonderful addition to the Paris resort. I actually wish they had gone with the ratatouille idea for DCA as a replacement for Mullholland instead of goofy sky skool. I think they could have made the theme made fit with the eateries next to it.

A ratatouille ride would also give Paris and exclusive ride since Mermaid is already being cloned at WDW
    I don't consider DCA's Sky School anything other that one big Goof up. No fun intended. Ratatouille would have been exciting and classy. How often does one get a major ride / full service themed restaurant combbo deal?! Well, it's only a little over a couple of years before the California albatros of a name is buried right along with the insesant purile complaints of the "theme fitting", fit throwing jaberwokies.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-26-2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Seems like it Disney would cut loose with the purse strings and give DLP two big attractions for it's 20th aniversary.
    That would be really great if DLRP would receive two major attractions, one in each park, although I highly doubt it.

Euro Disney SCA can't afford two attractions and I think TWDC will also not pay for them. I'm not even sure if TWDC will ever invest in DLRP again. At the moment they are spending a lot of money on Hongkong so I'm sure that there is no money left for Europe..

I would love both attractions. I think Little Mermaid ride would be good as it was orginally planned for Paris.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    That would be really great if DLRP would receive two major attractions, one in each park, although I highly doubt it.

Euro Disney SCA can't afford two attractions and I think TWDC will also not pay for them. I'm not even sure if TWDC will ever invest in DLRP again. At the moment they are spending a lot of money on Hongkong so I'm sure that there is no money left for Europe..
    Once Disney tires of building on top of a Shanghai graveyard, I think the company will turn it's attention to DLP.

Quote Originally Posted by DLPfan1992 View Post
    I would love both attractions. I think Little Mermaid ride would be good as it was orginally planned for Paris.
    Well, since Disney got Paris' hopes up for Little Mermaid.. WDC owes it to DLP to follow thru.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disneyland Paris is in serious need of some love and new attractions. If they want the park to be a huge success, they've got to give it critical mass - and that means MORE ATTRACTIONS!!! It is an absolutely beautiful park, that is not the problem . . . it is just missing a couple big E-Tickets.

I'm not sure that either Mermaid or Ratatouille is a big enough ride for the 20th anniversary given the park's real need.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Disneyland Paris is in serious need of some love and new attractions. If they want the park to be a huge success, they've got to give it critical mass - and that means MORE ATTRACTIONS!!! It is an absolutely beautiful park, that is not the problem . . . it is just missing a couple big E-Tickets.

I'm not sure that either Mermaid or Ratatouille is a big enough ride for the 20th anniversary given the park's real need.
    Agree. I don't think either are big or unique enough to cause world wide interest on their own. Although, Ratatouille would cause me to want to visit far more than seeing a clone of our DCA's Little Mermaid. Paris needs something phenomenal.
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 01-26-2010 at 12:55 PM.

I'll say Ratatouille !!!!!! I mean i hope !

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    I'll say Ratatouille !!!!!! I mean i hope !
    All kinds of people would love to see this concept developed. Talk about cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post

I say its a shame a park thats been here nearly 20 years still gets overlooked by a park with less visitors HK disneyland.

• Senior Minion

For the 20th, I would really like to see DLP get a mini-land based on a Pixar movie and incorporating three slow-loading, low capacity carnival rides that are going to cause choas in mildly busy crowds, never mind during high season.... oh wait..!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    For the 20th, I would really like to see DLP get a mini-land based on a Pixar movie and incorporating three slow-loading, low capacity carnival rides that are going to cause choas in mildly busy crowds, never mind during high season.... oh wait..!
    LOL - That's so true and depressing. Toy Story Land is an absolute joke and more proof that the Disney Company has lost a lot of creative vision.

If you can't do something right . . . DON'T DO IT!!!! Really, I'd rather that they not build Toy Story Land at all since it cheapens the whole resort!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast