First Visit in March! But some questions...

Well, we're finally completing the circuit! EuroDisney, er, I mean Disneyland Paris Resort! And my wife and son (8 1/2 years old) are very excited. But, thinking over our past trips, a couple of questions come to mind. Your thoughts and opinions are welcomed, and appreciated.

First, tickets. Is this like Tokyo where we better purchase them in advance? March should be off-season, and we'll go during the week, so I don't expect this to be an issue. But then again, I've never - repeat NEVER - seen crowds like in Tokyo. So, thought we'd ask.

Also, is it worth buying tickets in advance just to save some time upon arrival? Can tickets be purchased in Paris? We're also going to be in London before Paris, can we, should we purchase tickets in London?

To make this short, we're also trying to decide whether it's worth visiting both parks. We've only got 1 day to visit Disney (it's a work trip, and we're staying an extra day). Is it better to stay in Disneyland and just soak up the essence of the resort, or is there something special in the Studios that merit a park hopper. We live in SoCal and, while we enjoy DCA, warts and all, if you asked our opinion on this topic, we'd tell you to stay in Disneyland. At least until, WOC and Carsland opens.

And, of course, any other helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you, and see you in the Parks!

Re: First Visit in March! But some questions...

Just do Disneyland Park. Do not go into the studios its not worth it for one day.You might as well soak up the atmosphere. You can always do the things you want to do in the studios when you can have about 3 days!

• Everthing is Satisfactual

As it won't be late opening hours in March, I'd say stay in the main park.
    It has all the best attractions and theming, whereas the Studios has little that you would not have experienced at DCA for example (apart from Cinemagique and Crush's Coaster).

UK Disney stores do sell park tickets, so you should be able to buy them from a Disney Store whilst in London. There is one on Oxford Street, very close to Bond Street Underground Station for example.

Have a great trip!

I had a similar experience and only had one day to spare. I chose to only visit the Disneyland Park rather than try and parkhop, and I'm glad I did. I visited in the off-season when operating hours are reduced and we were easily able to fill the day with Disneyland alone. This allowed us to enjoy the park without a huge rush, and you really want to spend a little time enjoying the attractions that are atmospheric in nature (The Nautilus, Alice's Labrynth, the Castle) as these are the unique things we don't have in the USA.

As for buying tickets, if you arrive a little early on opening day, I doubt you'd have too much trouble--but there is a Disney Store on the Champs Elysees shopping row in Paris. While the store itself is kind of bland, you can easily buy tickets there ahead of time (that's what we did and it worked perfectly). Many Parisian hotels sell tickets as well.

Hope you have a great trip!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by rob-bttf View Post

UK Disney stores do sell park tickets, so you should be able to buy them from a Disney Store whilst in London. There is one on Oxford Street, very close to Bond Street Underground Station for example.
    There's one in Covent Garden too - easier to access depending on where you are.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011