Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Disneyland Paris February 2010

Early dinner at Walt's:

Claudia's vegetables:

Ravioli:

That's it.
    Thanks for all the answers.
    Last edited by Dagobert; 02-24-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Conclusion:

We had a great time in the parks. The attractions were in a very good condition compared to 2008. We had also the impression that the park was very clean with no overloaded dust bins.

As I’ve already mentioned in the beginning of my trip report, we had a hard time to find something great to eat for Claudia. We have always compared the DLRP guest service with the one in Florida, which was really great. There they tried to do everything for us. Maybe we shouldn’t have done this.

Now after calming down we are still planning to go to DLRP again, although I said that we will save our money for WDW. Next time we will be better prepared, because now we know what us awaits there.

Guest Behaviour:

This time we haven’t encountered any rude guest behaviour, except a group of teenagers that skipped nearly the whole queue at ToT. We didn’t also see any people smoking in queues and in buildings.

Next time we will also stay off site, because the SL was really not worth the money. Maybe we were just unlucky with our room, but it was really not in such a good condition as the rooms we had at the Santa Fe. Next time we are thinking about booking one of the two Vienna International hotels, lets bring our money to an Austrian company, that’s patriotic, isn’t it?

I hope you liked our trip report and thanks for all your answers!!

Smile Re: Disneyland Paris February 2010

I still think despite its poor selection of merchandise, I think they learned that from the US parks, & not standard Disney service that DLRP is the most beautiful of all the parks. The details are incredible, the castle itself is incredible, & they didnt seem to cut corners on that park like HKDL or like they do now at us parks. Any pix of a disney park either DLRP or TDL in the snow are just gorgeous

• Geek

Wow Dagobert, thank you so much for putting the effort in with this trip report. I think it's the best DLP TR i have ever read!

Great photos, great descriptions and you managed to do it all without getting angry at the dissapointing parts (unlike me ).

I stayed at Sequoia last year and before that I have only stayed at the Explorers hotel. I have to say you are totally correct with your description of it. Great themeing and décor but the rooms and actual amenities aren't very good for a medium range hotel. The whole place had a beaten up/uncared for feel to it.

Now, Walt's. I had an almost identical/disturbing experience there and without boring everyone again with it I have to say it bordered on racist. A lot of the CM's are anti-English especially.
    We were refused a vegetarian meal once, but in the Silver Spur.
    I have also had friends who were refused pin trades by CM's.
    Absolutely disgraceful and unacceptable.

Anyway, your impression of the place is similar to most. It's almost embarrassing that this is happening day in, day out. Us Europeans almost don't deserve a Disney park.

Thank you again for the great pics. I was surprised that the park was open until 10 in February! When I've been (both times in April) the latest it's been open is 8 or 9 I think.

Thank you for sharing your trip report. I went back in 2005 and loved the park.

The Space Mountain 2 experience (attraction) is incredible. The Indiana Jones Temple De Peril was renamed Indiana Jones Temple de Suck! It was not very fun and kind of hurt.

On a whole I have to agree with many that this park is absolutely beautiful.

I stayed at the Dream Castle and was pleasantly surprised how nice it was for how affordable it seemed to be. (you can never really tell when coming from the U.S. and transferring everything into Euros)

I plan on going again some day. You lucky Europeans!

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Great pictures! I love seeing this park in the Snow!

I also enjoy their It's a Small World! It's alot more detailed and in your face then all the other ones.

• Banned User

Disneyland Paris is beautiful. Disney Studios needs a thematic facelift.

They have a Carsland? Is it any different from what California receive?

• JML

Thank you so much for your awesome trip report. Your photos were amazingly beautiful. I love this park and it is such a treat to see it under the snow. Merci, merci.
    Jeanmi

Hello to everybody,
    Disneyland Paris is a holiday and recreation resort in Marne-la-Vallée, a new town in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. Disneyland Paris comprises two theme parks, a retail, dining and entertainment district, and seven Disney-owned hotels.It comprises Disneyland Park, a Magic Kingdom in five themed sections, and Walt Disney Studios.

Quote Originally Posted by celandinesmith View Post
    Hello to everybody,
    Disneyland Paris is a holiday and recreation resort in Marne-la-Vallée, a new town in the eastern suburbs of Paris, France. Disneyland Paris comprises two theme parks, a retail, dining and entertainment district, and seven Disney-owned hotels.It comprises Disneyland Park, a Magic Kingdom in five themed sections, and Walt Disney Studios.
    You don't say. . .
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Dontcha know?

Wonderful photos! The park looks even more magical with the snow

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Disneyland Paris is beautiful. Disney Studios needs a thematic facelift.

They have a Carsland? Is it any different from what California receive?
    It's very different to Carsland which will come to DCA. The attraction in PAris is called Cars Race Rally and it is a smaller ride mainly for children. Nevertheless we have ridden it twice. the attraction is like the Tea Cups in Fantasyland.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    It's very different to Carsland which will come to DCA. The attraction in PAris is called Cars Race Rally and it is a smaller ride mainly for children. Nevertheless we have ridden it twice. the attraction is like the Tea Cups in Fantasyland.
    Or for those that have been to DCA, it is a larger scale version of Francis' Ladybug Boogie.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Let's call it a CarsSpot

• Don't mess with the duck!

Such wonderful pictures! Thank you for sharing such a great report.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast