• Hitchhiker

Shareholders meeting today

Today on 17th of March 2010 there was held the annual shareholders meeting at WDS, and there were a lot about share issuing and capital increase. It sounds like they're reaching shareholders pockets once again? Correct if I'm wrong.

But then again there's also mentioned
    - TWDC could offer next attractions as a service (hmm..!!)
    - English language call center for other Eu countries moves to UK (Yes!)
    - EDL will upgrade to a new IT system that WDW already has got
    - EDL Imagineering has signed a contract to develope new attractions for next five years

Read more from EDL's summary:
    http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...2010-03-17.pdf
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

Re: Shareholders meeting today

Quote Originally Posted by Zarniwoop View Post
    - EDL Imagineering has signed a contract to develope new attractions for next five years
    That is a VERY VERY good news !

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

I woulder prefer it is WDI did instead of EDL. I have always been disappointed with EDL's offerings. And 5 years of poor attractions is not better than 5 years of no attractions. But I would be very happy to be proven wrong.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Did they mention something about the WoD Store or about a new hotel?

I would also prefer WDI to design the new attractions, otherwise we will get another bunch of carnival rides like TSPL.

Is EDL-I a subsidiary of WDI and so under the control of TWDC, or does it belong to EDSCA?

I have listened to the Season Pass podcast with Tim Delaney and there it seems that back in the 90s all decisions concerning new attractions, in this case SM, were made in Glendale. Did that change in recent years? Is WDI still involved in DLRP projects or is now everything, like creating new attractions, hotels, WoD Store in DV, done by Disneyland Paris Imagineering?

Do you know if the other resorts around the world have their own imagineering department?

- TWDC could offer next attractions as a service (hmm..!!)
    That shounds like a financing trick to me. Rather than having to shell out millions for a attraction out front. TWDC pay to build it and then EDL pays a annual service charge. It could be a way for TWDC to help EDL without giving them a loan which would conflict with the terms of the last financial structuring. I though I read somewhere that something similar was done for Space Mountain.

Wow....how finance geeky was that!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    I would also prefer WDI to design the new attractions, otherwise we will get another bunch of carnival rides like TSPL.

Is EDL-I a subsidiary of WDI and so under the control of TWDC, or does it belong to EDSCA?
    Yes. The paperwork states "Euro Disney Imagineering S.a.r.l., an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company (“EDLI”)"

I interpet that as meaning that EDLI is owed be TWDC. There is a power point on the web site that shows that Tom FITZGERALD (Executive Vice President Senior Creative Executive Walt Disney Parks & Resorts) presented a section on ToyStory Playland that I think confirms that WDI are in the driving seat even on this currently unpopular project. It worth taking a look at as there are pics of some of the theming in development.

I think, looking at the wording that the five year agreement is an extention to an exisiting agreement from 2004 rather than a new deal.

• Hitchhiker

Here's a brochure released at the meeting. There are some really beautiful photos.. and something new about TSPL!! Hold on to your pants.

15.2 MB
    http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...esentation.pdf
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Senior Minion

Here's a brochure released at the meeting. There are some really beautiful photos.. and something new about TSPL!! Hold on to your pants.

15.2 MB
    http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...esentation.pdf
    Interesting. I have to say that the photos and drawings of TSPL show that although it may not be a particularly wonderful addition to DLP, the theming is complete and quite frankly excellent. I probably wouldn't bother with the rides but I'm now quite excited to walk around the place!

The Buzz isn't as big as I expected although I was going from the scale from the map - never a good idea! (Love the picture of JL in front of it!)
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011