Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Showtime Spectacular during Press Event

Here's is my first video from this weekend press event, Disney Showtime Spectacular
    Disney Showtime Spectacular - Press Event, New Generation Festival on Vimeo
    Disneyland Resort Paris Fans
    www.dlrpfans.be

• Senior Minion

Re: Disney Showtime Spectacular during Press Event

Excellent footage as ever.

Not a bad show to be honest. It's nice to see some different and rarely-seen characters performing - Mike, Boo, Mr and Mrs Incredible, that purple Stitch thing. I also like Mickey's costume changes although I find his first outfit (using the Kodak colours) to be horrible and offensively 'commercial'.

On the whole, not a bad addition to an otherwise disappointing celebration.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

The complete press event in 4 parts now coming online.

The first part is online at Disneyland Paris HD - New Generation Festival - Press Event Part 1/4 on Vimeo

The other parts are being put online today
    Disneyland Resort Paris Fans
    www.dlrpfans.be

• Banned User

Interesting how they used bits of Block Party Bash and Tiana's Showboat Jubilee in the soundtrack. Kudos for including Angel, too.. I figured everyone forgot about her after Lilo and Stitch: The Series ended.

oh yeah i've seen this show in person and this is a good show for DLP . Better than the former show Mickey's Magical Party .

Disneyland Paris showed us what they can do at the WDS ! They did a Nighttime Spectacular at the Moteurs Actions Stunt Show Spectacular . This could be perfect as a night time spectacular .

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKxlXzVYfg4]YouTube - New Generation Festival: Press Launch Opening Ceremony Show | Disneyland Paris[/ame]

• Membre

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    This could be perfect as a night time spectacular .
    That's actually a great idea, management should think about it, the place can host large audience and the stage is huge.

• Bangarang!

^I agree, I've often thought that the Moteurs stage could pull double duty.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

So that's what was going on over there?!

The press people filled the studio's last Saturday and it was really hard to explain to the kids that Sully & Woody couldn't meet them because they were filming adverts with actors (more in my trip report later!)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
    Disneyland Paris showed us what they can do at the WDS ! They did a Nighttime Spectacular at the Moteurs Actions Stunt Show Spectacular . This could be perfect as a night time spectacular .

YouTube - New Generation Festival: Press Launch Opening Ceremony Show | Disneyland Paris
    This really really bugs me.

Why does DLP make such a spectacular effort for a load of free-loading press and yet can't be arsed to serve similar delicacies to paying guests. It just isn't on.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Because I am running low on time and it seems to be on topic, here are my experiences with this event last week. I wish they were more positive.

The studio park was swaming with press the entire day. Lots of them had brought with them their families and all had orange tags on it. It was very apparent that the orange tags gave them 'special' powers to jump in queue for characters meet and greets, rides and food queues. We were less than impressed. Let me stress this may have been there assumption and not a disney instruction. However it left me so angry, especially after a situation with a meet and greet with sully.

He walked out into the new monster inc scream section and lots of kids (mine included) ran over to him. He was perfectly nice and patted a few of them on the head until 5 guys with camera equipment and 4 red coats roped off the area and started to film him with meeting some of the press guys. In the meantime there were at least 10 crying children wanting to know why they couldn't meet him. My brother in law came and joined us and said the same thing was happening with woody over by the hollywood backdrop.

So I, having more front than brighton, went over to one of the suits to complain and he said 'Sorry but there are other characters to meet', then turned his back on me and started to speak in french to another guy. Unaware that I spoke french and understood he had said something along the lines of 'Check out the fat girl, whining because she can't meet sully' he was surprised when I called him up on it. Suddenly he was whisked away and a smooth talking american explained that it was a press day and they took precident in certain situations.

By now my 2 years old had thrown herself on the floor and was screaming 'sully' at the top of her lungs. I pointed to the statue of walt nearby and said 'The low humming sound you can hear is Walt spinning in his grave. Maybe your paying customers should take precident' and walked out of the park, along with the other 6 parents and children standing by me.

Less than impressed.

• Senior Minion

That sort of treatment would mean a letter of complaint in my book Pinkflutterby....
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Bangarang!

^ditto.

Why can't they organise these things better? If they don't want the hoi poli to meet with the characters that are intended to meet the press and their parties, they should have them in a separate area. It avoids conflicts such as this.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• 4 year old pluto

I'm a Cast Member in the Character & Parade department, and I would like to know if the person who made that comment is the guy in the back of your photo? Wearing a red jacket with a yellow line down the sleaves and he's wearing glasses?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    Because I am running low on time and it seems to be on topic, here are my experiences with this event last week. I wish they were more positive.

The studio park was swaming with press the entire day. Lots of them had brought with them their families and all had orange tags on it. It was very apparent that the orange tags gave them 'special' powers to jump in queue for characters meet and greets, rides and food queues. We were less than impressed. Let me stress this may have been there assumption and not a disney instruction. However it left me so angry, especially after a situation with a meet and greet with sully.

He walked out into the new monster inc scream section and lots of kids (mine included) ran over to him. He was perfectly nice and patted a few of them on the head until 5 guys with camera equipment and 4 red coats roped off the area and started to film him with meeting some of the press guys. In the meantime there were at least 10 crying children wanting to know why they couldn't meet him. My brother in law came and joined us and said the same thing was happening with woody over by the hollywood backdrop.

So I, having more front than brighton, went over to one of the suits to complain and he said 'Sorry but there are other characters to meet', then turned his back on me and started to speak in french to another guy. Unaware that I spoke french and understood he had said something along the lines of 'Check out the fat girl, whining because she can't meet sully' he was surprised when I called him up on it. Suddenly he was whisked away and a smooth talking american explained that it was a press day and they took precident in certain situations.

By now my 2 years old had thrown herself on the floor and was screaming 'sully' at the top of her lungs. I pointed to the statue of walt nearby and said 'The low humming sound you can hear is Walt spinning in his grave. Maybe your paying customers should take precident' and walked out of the park, along with the other 6 parents and children standing by me.

Less than impressed.

No the guy who made the comment wasn't wearing glasses. I should have got his name but I remember his name badge wasn't on his jacket. He was whisked away pretty sharpish as well.

I've sent a letter with pictures this morning. But I also included praise for an excellent Character Assistant called Ross who managed to control a crowd of pretty full on visitors kindly and fairly, so I am hoping that that praise doesn't get lost in the complaint too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast