Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show with Mickey & Friends

DLP has been promoting tickets for the show on Facebook today. And I'm rather tempted to book tickets for the show for my upcoming trip. Just one question though has anyone checked the show out since the introduction of Mickey & Friends and has this hurt the original show in anyway?

• Everthing is Satisfactual

Re: Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show with Mickey & Friends

Haven't tried it yet since the change - but with the short park opening hours in June, I am very tempted to give it a try.

We have quite a collection of Buffalo Bill hats in the loft however!

My mum loves the cornbread - so that might make us go back.
    Are there menus for it online anywhere, because if the cornbread is gone, may have to give it a miss.

• Empress of Randomness

I found this menu for you
    ********************/dlp/menus/buffalo.html

In all the times I have been to DLP... I have never gone to Buffalo Bill's! I nearly went in January but the food put me off it!

EDIT: Seems the web address wont work for me... Is posting this website against MC rules? I'll check it out...

But according to the website the corn bread is still there!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Senior Minion

Considering it is secondary to the entertainment, I have alays found the BBWWS food to be very good. I especially like the cobbler.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Pirate - G'har!

When I last saw the show (pre-Mickey) the food was great but I don't know what or how many changes have happened. The "unlimited" drinks are a bit of a cheeky con considering you get as many refills as times the jug guys come round, but it's fine. I'm sure many of the good aspects of the show have remained so it can't be a dead loss.

• Senior Minion

I have seen it twice (both pre-rubberheads) and skipped it the last time we visited. I have to admit that the addition of the characters may tempt me back...
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Menu's for the show can be viewed here http://international.disney-village....es/Menuwws.pdf

I agree with nathan detroit that the food is excellent considering that its classed as secondary to the entertainment.

I'm seriously considering booking a ticket to one of the shows. Just out of interest can anyone remember how long do the shows last till?

Since I'm looking into attending the 21.30 showing but understand buses stop running to the hotels at 11.00 pm.

• Everthing is Satisfactual

Thanks everyone.

Made me feel hungry reading the menu - so perhaps will have to give it another go.

At least with the addition of "Mickey and Friends" the show will be slightly different. Something new to see.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

The show is 90 minutes, but I used to love to get in as early as possible to enjoy the pre show. But I have not heard great things since the rubber heads came on board (went 16 times before rubber heads, it was my fav thing in all of Marne le Valee - yep, even beating the parks). I will tell you what it is like when I get back. My daughter wants to go for her 5th birthday treat (opting for it over princesses - awesome).

But I am dreading how they have dumbed this down after hearing the comments.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Banned User

Look forward to reading your thoughts Dave and once again have a great time.

So I have just finished purchasing my tickets online though the Disneyland Paris website. Will be attending a 18.30 showing in September. But looking at the prices I'm not really suprised this show has been struggling to fill seats. 52.00 is what it will cost you per adult. The show does have another seating option for 63.00 that will include a better seat and a few extra treats. Including a alcoholic cocktail. I'm thinking if the show is as bad as we keep hearing than I can always get drunk on the cocktail and free beer. May make the show a little more bearable to watch.

• Senior Minion

I hope that the show is all-new. The use of the characters Minnie, Goofy and Chip 'n Dale make me think they may be recycling the soundtrack of the old Lucky Nugget show.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Banned User

Well I had concerns that the show would feature them talking in French. And I personally can not stand the French voices. But I'm happy to report all Character dialog is in English. I watched a quick video on YouTube and it does appear to be a new soundtrack unless Cotton Eye Joe is used in the Lucky Nugget show.

• Senior Minion

This is good news - the Lucky Nugget was in those awful French voices.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

It was a real mixed bag, but overall we still enjoyed it (and the kids loved it). The preshow with a Blue Brother number was an awful travesty. Also, you can no longer see the horses while waiting (guessing bad guest behaviour may have been a risk). There is a Mickey Photo opportunity which is fine (and in the early years they used to do character meet and greets anyway).

The new band with a female singer were good, and Goofy being a part of that act was fine.

Food was very good, although I am very partial to the menu - mmmmmm chilli and corn bread and ribs, yummy.

The show, well the traditional aspects were great as always. The character in the sing song season really has dumbed it down, but the characters are in English and the kids loved it (even if it felt like putting ketchup on a good steak).

The characters during the games were fine though.

Overall, if they gave it a little more thought and dare I say use American sensibilities rather than a French take on American culture, the delivery could have been stronger. Or maybe do the character thing first show and the original for the late show (like the Luau in WDW), would be better too.

But the place was sold out most nights and we had to book in advance to get our seats. The great news for us, is that for AP holders there within 7 days of their birthday get free tickets. As our visit was within 7 days for my daughter and wife's birthdays, that means effectively we got in for half price.

I think if someone has never seen BBWWS, like everything else at Disney, they will love it. If you are a fan of the original, it is a bitter pill to swallow. In this case, this BBWWS is better than no BBWWS, but it is another example of Disney's annoying trend to aim mainly at the stroller/pushchair set. And is one of multiple examples of where the restaurants are dumbing down.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by davewasbaloo View Post
    It was a real mixed bag, but overall we still enjoyed it (and the kids loved it). The preshow with a Blue Brother number was an awful travesty. Also, you can no longer see the horses while waiting (guessing bad guest behaviour may have been a risk). There is a Mickey Photo opportunity which is fine (and in the early years they used to do character meet and greets anyway).

The new band with a female singer were good, and Goofy being a part of that act was fine.

Food was very good, although I am very partial to the menu - mmmmmm chilli and corn bread and ribs, yummy.

The show, well the traditional aspects were great as always. The character in the sing song season really has dumbed it down, but the characters are in English and the kids loved it (even if it felt like putting ketchup on a good steak).

The characters during the games were fine though.

Overall, if they gave it a little more thought and dare I say use American sensibilities rather than a French take on American culture, the delivery could have been stronger. Or maybe do the character thing first show and the original for the late show (like the Luau in WDW), would be better too.

But the place was sold out most nights and we had to book in advance to get our seats. The great news for us, is that for AP holders there within 7 days of their birthday get free tickets. As our visit was within 7 days for my daughter and wife's birthdays, that means effectively we got in for half price.

I think if someone has never seen BBWWS, like everything else at Disney, they will love it. If you are a fan of the original, it is a bitter pill to swallow. In this case, this BBWWS is better than no BBWWS, but it is another example of Disney's annoying trend to aim mainly at the stroller/pushchair set. And is one of multiple examples of where the restaurants are dumbing down.
    Coming from you Dave, this is high praise indeed
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast