View Poll Results: When visiting Disneyland Paris do you...

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • stay on the resort for the entire time?

14 41.18%
  • stay off-resort and visit Disneyland and the city of Paris?

11 32.35%
  • stay on the resort but take time out to visit the city?

8 23.53%
  • stay off-resort but only spend time in Disneyland?

1 2.94%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Empress of Randomness

Re: Disneyland Paris without the Paris?

I cannot vote in the poll because when I visit DLP I stay both on-property and off-property. I tend to spend 1 or 2 nights in Paris and then spend 3 or 4 nights in DLP.

I love France, the French language, the French food, the French atmosphere. I love spending time in Paris at my own pace and not rushing about doing every tourist attraction there is. I tend to go to the South of France during the summer on a separate trip too. I would be very reluctant to take a trip to DLP and not spend time in Paris itself.

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Top of my Bucket List is to visit Paris. Ever since I was a kid I've been obsessed with the Eiffel Tower (so much that my living room is decorated with pictures of it). My plan is to spend several days in the city and do 2-3 days at DLP.

It's funny looking back, but the one I time I went to DLP in 1993 we stayed on property the whole time and only took the RER into Paris one day. 21 year old kids, first time ever in Europe and barely saw the city. Now those are diehard Disney fans, LOL.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Bangarang!

First time I went to Paris in '95, I stayed off-site and I did indeed visit the City of Lights (saw the base of Tour Eiffel (queue was too long to go up), visited Notre Dame, did the Louvre) but I've never been back since.

Subsequent visits to "the Happiest Place in Europe" have seen me stay within the resort boundaries the whole time.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

As much as I love Disneyland, I was in Paris on business about a year and a half ago. I had one entire day free to go sightseeing. I could have spent it at Disneyland Paris, or sightseeing in the city of lights. I picked Paris. If I'd have had even two days, I might have gone to DLP. But with just one day free in Paris, (I was working the other days and never left the 2nd Arrondissement), I couldn't bear to miss touring around the French capital.

Only been to DLP once but I stayed in the resort and had a whirlwind day trip to Paris.

I've been to Paris a few times since and its a great city. Anyone who hasn't been should shedule at least a day when you visit DLP - top pics would be Monmatre (cool village vibe on top of the hill), Musee D'Orsay (great paintings in a convered railway station), Musee D Orangerie (amazing wrap aound paintings my Monet - if you only go one place go here) & the opera house - amazing building has to be seen in real life.

When I go back I plan to visit DLP for a day from Paris but avoid the WDS park as it's probably the worst Disney park in the world.

• Senior Minion

My favourite place in Paris was Notre Dame cathedral... literally awesome.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Before we had kids, in the 1990's, we'd stay in Paris for a few days and DLP would be a one-day side trip. Since we became parents, we've tended to drive to the glorious south of France (Provence/Languedoc/Rousillon) to spend a couple of weeks, then stop for three nights at DLP on our way back to the UK. This year, we're driving to Italy. We'll have a couple of weeks in Tuscany, then a few nights in Annecy in the French Alps, then DLP before going home.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

^^ Will you adopt me, Disney_Dad?

Aimster, I'm sure we could squeeze you in, although I've always wondered how people with more than two kids find the energy.

The city is ok, would love to see more of it though. Got to see the Eiffel Tower, Arc De Triomphe and a tiny bit of the Louvre (free entry for under 26s in the evenings!!! It is too big though) I will go again...now that I have friends who I used to work with who live there I have a good excuse I think!

i spent 3 days in Paris in 2008 and 4 broken days (2 and 2) in 2009. Both times stayed in Paris; and both times took the RER into Disneyland. In 2008 i wasn't going to hit Disneyland, but gave into the compulsion and spent about 6 hours there on my last day. In 2009 a friend and i knew we were going to spend a full day there in advance. i tried to talk our group in 09' into staying at the resort, but half the group had no interests in Disneyland and the guy that did, didn't want to fork over the dough. i love Paris and look forward to going back and exploring it more. To spend the whole time at the resort would be jipping myself. If the trip were longer, a couple of days at the resort would be nice, but i still need to see and do a lot more in the city. In no circumstance could i see making the effort to go to France and just spending it all at the resort.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Voila, Ivan, Bravo!

• Launch sequence engaged

I definitely think one should try and budget at least a day to see the major sights in Paris. The RER costs about 9 euros to the center of the city, and lasts about 35 minutes. The main metro station, Chatelet, is very close to the Louvre and gives access to tons of metro lines that will quickly guide you to the major tourist attractions.

It can be difficult at times to justify leaving the resort (since it provides so many amenities and activities), but I think its good to balance the beauty of Disneyland Park with the rich history and architecture of Paris.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Everthing is Satisfactual

There is clearly somewhat of a divide present between EU and U.S. visitors in this thread (yes there is some overlap) as obviously it is more of a waste for visitors coming all the way from America, to miss out Paris.

Whereas those of us coming from the U.K, for example, find it less of an issue to miss out on Paris, as it is only a few hours away and it is more likely we have been before.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast