View Poll Results: When visiting Disneyland Paris do you...

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • stay on the resort for the entire time?

14 41.18%
  • stay off-resort and visit Disneyland and the city of Paris?

11 32.35%
  • stay on the resort but take time out to visit the city?

8 23.53%
  • stay off-resort but only spend time in Disneyland?

1 2.94%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Empress of Randomness

Re: Disneyland Paris without the Paris?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomorrowland Tourist View Post
    I definitely think one should try and budget at least a day to see the major sights in Paris. The RER costs about 9 euros to the center of the city, and lasts about 35 minutes. The main metro station, Chatelet, is very close to the Louvre and gives access to tons of metro lines that will quickly guide you to the major tourist attractions.

It can be difficult at times to justify leaving the resort (since it provides so many amenities and activities), but I think its good to balance the beauty of Disneyland Park with the rich history and architecture of Paris.
    Try 6.50!

Disneyland: 1998, 2005

Disneyland Paris: 1992, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

• Launch sequence engaged

^6.50! Thank you, I was coming from zone 3, and it cost me 11 Euros!

I am an American visitor, so that is a good point, missing Paris is not acceptable. But taking a train from across the pond is very practical.
    "You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try." ~ Homer Simpson

• Senior Minion

In a continent full of history and culture it probably is true that the Europeans are happier to give all that a miss for a big slice of Americana.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

If I ever make it DLRP, I will only visit the parks. I have no desire to see anything in Paris. ABTW, I feel the same way about Tokyo and Hong Kong.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mickeysimzac View Post
    If I ever make it DLRP, I will only visit the parks. I have no desire to see anything in Paris. ABTW, I feel the same way about Tokyo and Hong Kong.
    That's what I'd call the "ugly American" attitude. I'm so totally the opposite - I think Americans are too insular in their thinking, not only do people miss out on opportunities to try and learn new things, they give their hosts in other countries the perception that anything that's not American is worthless.

Can't imagine going through intl customs, taking a cab from the airport, and not being curious about the foreign country I was in.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I always wondered why Brits have a bad rep in France.

Thanks, Nathan - I think I get it now.

• former CM

At least I am not the only one! If I had more time and more money I would LOVE to see the City. However I had to make a choice. DLP was the winner. Hopefully some day I can return and just go to France and see what all I missed out on.

*shrug* you only live once and you gotta do the things that make you happy, even if it isn't popular.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

It's pointless to travel outside the US to go to an American theme park if you're not there to see anything else - I would just go to Orlando.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    That's what I'd call the "ugly American" attitude. I'm so totally the opposite - I think Americans are too insular in their thinking, not only do people miss out on opportunities to try and learn new things, they give their hosts in other countries the perception that anything that's not American is worthless.

Can't imagine going through intl customs, taking a cab from the airport, and not being curious about the foreign country I was in.
    I'm not insulting any country or nationality. I don't go to any cities in the US other than Orlando for vacation. I am a Disney fan and only want to vacation at a Disney park. I just want to visit the other Disney parks in the world if I have the chance. Sorry I upset you and others here on Mice Chat. Thought this was a friendly board, guess I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    It's pointless to travel outside the US to go to an American theme park if you're not there to see anything else - I would just go to Orlando.
    The main focus of my upcoming trip is to visit London and Liverpool England. That is what the original plan was for the past 4 years of saving money. So I AM going to be seeing lots of others things. However, in my planning I said something like "Wow we have been to Disney World in 2008, Disneyland in 2009, wouldn't it be wild to go to Disneyland Paris in 2010??" And my mom (travel partener) said, well let's see how we can make that happen. So we squeezed in a little extra time to travel on the Eurostar and go. I am actually surprised that we made it work!

I would like to plan a second trip that just focuses on visiting France and not trying to just squeeze it in.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

/\
    cool, cause it's a long flight and it would be pointless to spend that much time and money JUST to see variations on the same attractions we have here.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: Disneyland Paris without the Paris?

I'm not insulting any country or nationality. I don't go to any cities in the US other than Orlando for vacation. I am a Disney fan and only want to vacation at a Disney park. I just want to visit the other Disney parks in the world if I have the chance. Sorry I upset you and others here on Mice Chat. Thought this was a friendly board, guess I was wrong.
    . I will keep it friendly but I feel the same about people who fly to Hawaii, check in at their resort, and don't leave the grounds until it's time to go back to the airport. They did not 'see' the real Hawa'ii.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Starshyne View Post
    The main focus of my upcoming trip is to visit London and Liverpool England. That is what the original plan was for the past 4 years of saving money. So I AM going to be seeing lots of others things. However, in my planning I said something like "Wow we have been to Disney World in 2008, Disneyland in 2009, wouldn't it be wild to go to Disneyland Paris in 2010??" And my mom (travel partener) said, well let's see how we can make that happen. So we squeezed in a little extra time to travel on the Eurostar and go. I am actually surprised that we made it work!. . .
    I loved Liverpool!

Cambridge is a nice day trip from London too.

There is so much to do in London--I suggest you hang out in the travel sections of your local Barnes & Noble and Borders and search for excellent, inexpensive restaurants and pick out the things you really want to do as opposed to the things every tourist is supposed to do.
    By visiting Liverpool I'm guessing this will not be a problem for you. I'm jealous.

Another poster suggested that it was unfriendly to criticize traveling the world only to go inside Disney parks. I admit to being unfriendly to that. As a human I'm insulted that some people say Earth is insufficiently beautiful and interesting to explore. And with all due respect to mountains and beaches, great cities are particularly fascinating because of all the weirdness & creations that occur when people get together.

(See and read Ann Tyler's "The Accidental Tourist" for a relevant story of an insular, traveling character.)

"In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switerzland they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did they produce? The cuckoo clock." Orson Welles in The Third Man, Screenplay by Graham Greene
    Last edited by jcruise86; 06-06-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Have been to DLP 5 times and have never been into Paris, am going back to DLP in November and once again shall not be visiting Paris Disney is far more appealling to me and I have a small budget!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast