Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney + Menken fan

Hello MiceChat, and Disneyland Paris Pics

Hello MiceChat~
    Let me introduce myself,
    My name is Dex, Im 16 (going 17 this summer) and I've joined MiceChat some time ago but have been lurking around longer. I live in Holland and love (like all of you) Disney. I'm really glad that I got to visit Disneyland Paris 3 times, once as a child (1998) and later 2 more times (2006 (studios) and 2007 (Disneyland parc)) I have strong memories of the first trip and many pics of the 2007 trip so I'll share those

~Dex

Disneyland Paris 2007:

We took this trip for my 15th B-day and because Disneyland Paris was celebrating it's 15th B-day for the 2th year they had the whole park decorated with 15 related B-day stuff (wich was awsome because it was my 15th)

First thing we did was by this Wonderfull book (wich I've had heard a lott about on Disney and More and here on MiceChat)

First thing I wanted to do was Space Mountain ( I didnt ride the original in my 1998 trip because I was to young, BOOHOO!)

I really liked the ride, one major turnoff, THE MUSIC WASNT ON!! (eventhough I knew the music by heart I would have apriciated if I heard it during the ride)

Next was It's a Small World, I love this version (I think I like it beter than all the others around the world, Sorry Walt~. It isnt as long as Disneylands (Anaheim) and doesnt have characters (Hongkong) or a strange facade (Tokyo and Oralndo))

Next was a food stop at Fantasyland~

Pizzeria Belle Notte~
    (From the Movie Lady and the Tramp)
    Lovely themed and not to expencive food (like the rest of DLP =_=' )

MICKEY PIZZA 8D

Next Fantasyland stop was Casey Jr and Le Pays des Contes de Fées.
    (Paris version of Storybook Canels)

Lovely theming~

The Little Mermaid! (My seconded fav Disney movie)

Belle's Procincial Town, Bonjour~
    (Beauty and the Beast is my fav Disney movie btw)

I loved all the little details on this ride!

OMG the next magic kingdom MUST use this castle
    (Its from Beauty and the Beast if you didn't get that part)

I mean, just look at it!

All shiny and pretty~
    (the last 2 pics where taken from Casey Jr. Fun little kiddie coaster, butt a pain in the *** if you want to take pics XD)

To be continued in part/post II! (With Adventureland, Frontierland and more~)

"Fish are friends! NOT food!"
    ~Finding Nemo

• Disney + Menken fan

Re: Hello MiceChat, and Disneyland Paris Pics

Part II!

So after Fantasyland we moved over to Adventureland!

Pirates! Always fun (though when I rode it needed a refub badly, fun still)

You do not wanna know how LONG it took us to get from pirates to Indiana Jones..... We though, he! lets take the caverns on teh Adventure Islands so we dont have to walk all the way around it, BAD IDEA XD the caverns are huge and dark so we almost got lost...

Finaly arived on the scene!

Longest queue that day, was around 2 hours (I hate fastpass so I never use it) Fun thing in the queue a group of other Dutch people where infront of me in line but they though I was a English guy so when they bumped into me they said: Oh sorry sir, are you ok? Me: yeah Im fine^^

Weeeeee, loved it, though it was waay to short ride for a 2 hour line it was fun still

So we did Frontierland last~
    We took a ride on the Mark Twain

Big Thunder Station, we didnt ride it this trip but I have strong memories of the 1998 trip of this ride

Going up the seconed lift hill~

Last but not least!
    PHANTOM MANOR~
    Loved it!!!!!

So just a quick visit to the Castle for pics

MURPHYYY!!!

Fantasyland view from the balconey~

rushed back to mainstreet for this beauty!
    Disneyland Paris Once Upon A Dream Parade~
    I loved it, the music is catshy, Just like we dreeeeaamed it~
    We viewed the parade from the mainstreet station so we had a great view at all the floats!

AAAAHHH parade crowds!!!

Then we ate a Pizza Planet (Toy Story) in Discoveryland, we waited for Fantilusions (nightime parade, original from Tokyo but very scaled down version here in Paris) loved it, music was super!

And ofcourse we closed our visit with Fireworks (The Enchanted Fireworks)
    Set to the music from the movie Enchanted (music by Alan Menken, love that guy) so I had a blast!

Thanks for taking time to read/view his all

~Dex
    ~Finding Nemo

• Hitchhiker

Whoa, two hours for Indy? But true, I hate FP too.. except for Peter Pan where's no themed queue.

Thanks for the lovely pictures.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Disney + Menken fan

^Yes 2 hours =_='
    Haha, I did Peter in 1998 and dont remember the time though Im pretty sure we didnt use any fastpasses back then either.
    Oh well I did 2 and a half hour for Crush Coaster openings year in summer XD

~Dex
    ~Finding Nemo

• Membre

Great pictures, great colors. Thanks!

• Disney + Menken fan

Quote Originally Posted by Olivier View Post
    Great pictures, great colors. Thanks!
    Wlcm!
    I hope to visit another time soon (after New Generation Festival that is)

~Dex
    ~Finding Nemo

Hi Dex,

I am from Holland too !
    Me and my wife love visiting the Disney parks around the world.
    Have you been to any of the other resorts ?
    Tokyo is breathtaking and Orlando and Anaheim are wonderful too.
    Can't see the pictures in your post though ?

Groetjes
    Erik

• Disney + Menken fan

Quote Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
    Hi Dex,

I am from Holland too !
    Me and my wife love visiting the Disney parks around the world.
    Have you been to any of the other resorts ?
    Tokyo is breathtaking and Orlando and Anaheim are wonderful too.
    Can't see the pictures in your post though ?

Groetjes
    Erik
    Hi Erik,
    Wow lucky you visiting those places, no I myself havent got the chance to visit the other disney parks, it is a goal in life for me so Im pretty sure I'll visit them in the future. I'm really looking forward to seeing the original Disneyland, Tokyo Disney Sea, Animal Kingdom and Epcot (I dont like Tokyo Disneyland, Hongkong Disneyland and the Magic Kingdom very much)
    You cant see the pics? (they show up fot me) Maby you can see them now or else look here http://micechat.com/forums/members/x...lbums-dlp.html (Its my photo gallery here in MiceChat)
    Are you a long time Disney(parks)fan?

~Dex
    ~Finding Nemo

Thanks for your trip report and your pictures. From Sketch To Reality is indeed one of the most beautiful books about Disneyland Paris. Maybe it is even the best book ever done on any Disney themepark.

Are you a long time Disney(parks)fan?

~Dex[/QUOTE]

Hi Dex,

First let me tell you I am 32 years old and I have been a fan of the animated features since I was an eency weency little boy.
    I loved amusement parks especially the Efteling, I live 5 kilometres from that park, but when Euro Disneyland opened in 1992 I was so eager to visit. My first visit was in 1995 and we have visited the resort more than 30 times till now. In 2005 we visited WDW for the fist time and we fell in love with the place and have returned in 2006, 2008 and 2009. Epcot and Animal Kingdom are our favorite parks, Magic Kingdom really is not bad it is quite nice actually. Hollywood studios is, well what shall I say......mwehhhh. There are a couple of great rides and shows (ToT and Muppets) but the overal theming is lackluster.
    We visited Anaheim in 2007 when we were touring the westcoast of the US. Disneyland is really charming and DCA was not as bad as I expected.
    Last year (2009) we visited Tokyo for the first time, and we will return in November. DisneySea is the holy grail of themeparks, there is nothing quite like it and it is overwhelming and breathtaking. Tokyo Disneyland took a little getting used to but they have some unique rides (Monsters, Pooh) and the castmembers working the resort are DA BOMB !!

I would really like to visit Hong Kong but I think we will wait when the new additions open in a couple of years, the park is, in my opinion, the least original of the Magic Kingdoms around the world.

My tip to you is, study hard, get a good job, find a great wife (or partner) that loves Disney too and all your Disney Themepark dreams can come true, or you can always play the lottery......

Greetings
    Erik

• wanderlust

Great photographs! That parade crowd...oh god... looks monstrous! D:
    All this has happened before, and it will all happen again. But this time it happened in London. It happened on a quiet street in Bloomsbury. That corner house over there is the home of the Darling family. And Peter Pan chose this particular house because there were people here who believed in him.

• Sha-lalalalala my oh my

Great pictures! I am going to have to go to Disneyland Paris sometime!

• Disney + Menken fan

Quote Originally Posted by ladollhouse View Post
    Great photographs! That parade crowd...oh god... looks monstrous! D:
    Wlcm, Haha yeah, we we're really happy we where standing on ths elevated station instad of down there XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lolo View Post
    Great pictures! I am going to have to go to Disneyland Paris sometime!
    Wlcm.
    You should, its a beautyfull park.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Thanks for your trip report and your pictures. From Sketch To Reality is indeed one of the most beautiful books about Disneyland Paris. Maybe it is even the best book ever done on any Disney themepark.
    Wlcm.
    I love the book, Togeter with a behind the dreams look at making the magic real (and the sequel) those are my fav books~
    ~Finding Nemo

• Disney + Menken fan

Quote Originally Posted by ErikM View Post
    Hi Dex,

First let me tell you I am 32 years old and I have been a fan of the animated features since I was an eency weency little boy.
    I loved amusement parks especially the Efteling, I live 5 kilometres from that park, but when Euro Disneyland opened in 1992 I was so eager to visit. My first visit was in 1995 and we have visited the resort more than 30 times till now. In 2005 we visited WDW for the fist time and we fell in love with the place and have returned in 2006, 2008 and 2009. Epcot and Animal Kingdom are our favorite parks, Magic Kingdom really is not bad it is quite nice actually. Hollywood studios is, well what shall I say......mwehhhh. There are a couple of great rides and shows (ToT and Muppets) but the overal theming is lackluster.
    We visited Anaheim in 2007 when we were touring the westcoast of the US. Disneyland is really charming and DCA was not as bad as I expected.
    Last year (2009) we visited Tokyo for the first time, and we will return in November. DisneySea is the holy grail of themeparks, there is nothing quite like it and it is overwhelming and breathtaking. Tokyo Disneyland took a little getting used to but they have some unique rides (Monsters, Pooh) and the castmembers working the resort are DA BOMB !!

I would really like to visit Hong Kong but I think we will wait when the new additions open in a couple of years, the park is, in my opinion, the least original of the Magic Kingdoms around the world.

My tip to you is, study hard, get a good job, find a great wife (or partner) that loves Disney too and all your Disney Themepark dreams can come true, or you can always play the lottery......

Greetings
    Erik
    Ah ok then, I always was a Disney kid too, but after groep 8/brugklas I became more interested in musicals again, wich Disney, ofcourse, has made many awsome 2D animated versions. The Efteling I've always loved (adn Im still following the progress of the park togeter with the Disney parks)

O_O more than 30 times, you're one lucky guy!
    Magic Kingdom, the problem I have (or more think, because I havent accualy been there) is that the place is huge (thats a good thing) BUT they already replaced so many rides, dan zou ik denken je hebt al die ruimte gebruik het dan ipv bijv. een Mister Toad (unieke 2 baans versie) en een geweldige 20K Under the Sea slopen om iets nieuws te bouwen. (en laat me niet beginnen over de Tiki Room) But some things I do like are that they still have the Country bears, the original Big Tunder Mountain (was designed for Magic Kingdom but I belived it opened earlier in Disneyland Anaheim) A lovley castle, nice looking Tommorow land and soon to be awsome Fantasy Forest.
    Yeah I never really understoud how they did the studios (the lands and such) and the Mickey Hat of DOOM is not my cup of tea at all XD
    DisneySea!!! I want to go there so badly!!
    Poohs Hunney Hunt, looks super (Yey for Paris and there hopefully soon to be Ratatouille ride with the same system) Monsters also looks awsome, though I dont get why it is in Tomorowland...

Yeah Im also really looking forward to Mystic Manor and the Grizzly Coaster thingy, Toy Story Playland....not so much

Haha, thats my idea aswell, hopefully I get a job as architect and get to work for theme-parks (Efteling?) to bad my french is CRAP (Dislexy isnt helping either) otherwise I would have LOVED to move to Euro Disney.

~Dex
    ~Finding Nemo

• i pull weird faces : )

The Little Mermaid! (My seconded fav Disney movie)

WOW all your photos are amazing!
    i've been to disneyland twice and went with school so i didn't see every little thing on the map.
    where was these taken? where is this ride? ;D

+ just a side note, beauty and the beast and the little mermaid are my favourite movies though the little mermaid is my first, and beauty and the beast is my second
    Next trip: Disneyland paris - 4th March ( which i won a competition for aha!) <3.

-come a little closer,
    come a little closer,
    turn another page in the story of what's waiting for you <3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast