Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Ratatouille Dark Ride

2012 - Ratatouille - Rumor - (6/8/10) According to Disney and More, the new Ratatouille dark ride project is all but confirmed for the 20th Anniversary celebration of Disneyland Paris, and will premier at the Walt Disney Studios park at an estimated cost of $130-150 million. The ride will feature 3-D Projection technology mixed with trackless ride vehicles.

As much as I am tired of Disney relying sooo much on Pixar for new attractions, this does sound interesting...though I just don't see how in the world the 3-D can tie-in with a Ratatoullie storyline. I guess I can see it like Spider-man where you board a news reporter vehicle and wear night-vision goggles, and then Remy tries to save the recipes or whatever from the bad chef (forgot his name) and you follow them in their madcap adventure. Whatever the case, I'll be interested to see how Imagineering pulls this off.

Of all the Disney or Pixar franchises, or better yet, original ideas to pick from....why Ratatoullie? I personally think the Incredibles would be a better fit for such an attraction, but that's just me.

• Hitchhiker

Re: Ratatoille Dark Ride

I suppose the scene is from the kitchen, where Remy runs under the tables, to an oven, sink and such. The guest should feel that he has been shrunk to Remy size and follow him. The trackless system and 3D could fit perfectly there.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop

• Minion

I think for Disney any movie pixar or not they pick is popular and also the wrong choice. For instance between me and you i find Ratatouille ten times better then Incredibles. In fact Incredibles is probably last on my list of pixar films.

I just hope its very succesful but doesnt rely totaly on projections. AAs are always better imo.
    "I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I have ever known."-Walt Disney

Hope I was helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by Freakazoid112 View Post
    Of all the Disney or Pixar franchises, or better yet, original ideas to pick from....why Ratatoullie? I personally think the Incredibles would be a better fit for such an attraction, but that's just me.
    It's simple. Ratatouille is a very popular franchise in Europe and especially France. Besides it is set in France. That makes it perfect for one of the Parisian parks.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by *TIMMIE* View Post
    It's simple. Ratatouille is a very popular franchise in Europe and especially France. Besides it is set in France. That makes it perfect for one of the Parisian parks.
    This rumor has been reported previously...

I wouldn't call Ratatouille a franchise...the movie was very popular in France...but still it's just one movie...

If the ride ever materializes, I'm sure it will be good, and it certainly would be a boost for WDS...but what the park really needs more desperately are immersively themed lands arranged in a meaningful way...not just one-off attractions for the latest hit movie...
    Down with the Hat

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by d.N.d. View Post
    I think for Disney any movie pixar or not they pick is popular and also the wrong choice. For instance between me and you i find Ratatouille ten times better then Incredibles. In fact Incredibles is probably last on my list of pixar films.

I just hope its very succesful but doesnt rely totaly on projections. AAs are always better imo.
    I agree with you on The Incredibles. I'm not big on super heroes, so while I liked the movie, it's definitely not my fave of the Pixar films.

And I also agree with you regarding the 3D projections. Enough already! Build some AA's, for sobbing out loud. I am so sick of these projection attractions Disney keeps bombarding us with. I've been fascinated with AA's my whole life and if more kids saw them, they'd probably feel the same way. Especially since how advanced they've become since back in Walt's day the 60's. I'm personally dying to see the Ariel AA's that will be in the Little Mermaid rides at DCA & MK. According to Al, they're going to be so advanced that Ariel's hair will be an AA unto itself to make it look like it's floating underwater. I can't wait to see how they pull that off.

And as others posted, Ratatouille was a very popular movie in France/Europe, so I can see a ride based on it doing well in Paris.

• Bangarang!

I'm sure that if they do build it, it will end up as yet another jewel in a rather underfunded mishmash of an unfinished crown that is WDS.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Hmm I'm unsure about this idea, It will undoubtedly be fantastic technically but I'm really not a fan of ratatouille at all so I'll probably just be underwhelmed with the ride

- then again I went to Islands of Adventure last week and I'm not exactly a fan of Spiderman but the ride was fantastic!

• Pirate - G'har!

I guess the trouble is that any Remy AA would have to be a huge thing and they might not like the idea of a marauding rat. Actually I suppose it's never stopped Disney before... I think an attraction like that (as in with 3D and all sorts of other technical feats) could be good for DLRP, which now only has one temporary and old 3D show. I appreciate that enough is enough however.

• Bangarang!

^I can't see Remy (and no doubt Emile) being that big. I'd think one of the short Pirate AA's would be the right height.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• Pongo is my hero.

Quote Originally Posted by tasman View Post
    This rumor has been reported previously...

I wouldn't call Ratatouille a franchise...the movie was very popular in France...but still it's just one movie...

If the ride ever materializes, I'm sure it will be good, and it certainly would be a boost for WDS...but what the park really needs more desperately are immersively themed lands arranged in a meaningful way...not just one-off attractions for the latest hit movie...

Ratatouille is wildly popular, so it's not like it's just popular because it's new. :/

Toon Studios almost looks up to par, it just needs a bit more.... can't believe I'm saying this... "magic".

one hundred and one

• Disneyland Paris

Ratatouille is wildly popular in Europe! (Look at the Box Office Figures)
    This attraction is going to be on a level of theming with TOT and serves as the first true Dark Ride for WDS! I can't wait. People here will go crazy for Ratatouille!

Past
    DLP - JUN 2005 - Disney's Val D'Europe
    DLR - APR 2006 - Disneyland Hotel
    DLR - AUG 2007 - Off Site
    DLP - AUG 2009 - Disney's Val D'Europe
    DLP - JUL 2010 - Disney's Val D'Europe

Future
    DLP - JUN 2011 - Disney's Hotel New York

I've never really understood the backlash for using Pixar movies in Disney parks. The movies are fantastic and are far better than any animated movie that Disney has pumped out in quite a while...well prior to "Princess and the Frog". The rides are fun and the Carsland concept seemed to be a no-brainer. A Rat ride in Paris makes complete sense and I will be curious to see how the whole 3D dealio works. I'm hoping for more Pixar stuff.

I'm perfectly OK with Pixar movies in the parks, as long as things don't stay too far in the cartoonified direction. All I ask is that whatever they come up with is of the quality traditionally associated with Disney. The Ratatouille attraction sounds very promising, albeit completely out of context with its surroundings. I am looking forward to seeing it.

• FastPass n00b

Re: Ratatouille Dark Ride

Pixar = Been there, done that (seen it already)... please move on Disney!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. 06-14-2010, 12:03 AM