Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Silly Bird?

Music for Big Thunder Mountain?!?!?

What's this about?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEaRr7naQi4]YouTube - Silly Stalling Rides Again; Big Thunder Mountain, Disneyland Park (Paris)[/ame]

• Disney Fan & Musician

Re: Music for Big Thunder Mountain?!?!?

Sounds like music from Pokémon. LOL
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Senior Minion

For those who have never been lucky enough to have been on BTM at DLP - please be assured that this is not the actual soundtrack!

Some people have a bad combination of too much time and too little talent - sounds like the soundtrack for Tom and Jerry Tales.

V. poor.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

Well said, BTM has the standard BTM queue music loop, this isn't in the loop nor is it the rides soundtrack rest assured.

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Some people have a bad combination of too much time and too little talent - sounds like the soundtrack for Tom and Jerry Tales.
    Where's the ref? Hello, uneccessary roughness...
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."
    A. Trebek, Jeopardy, aired 7/15/2010

SHAMELESS PLUG- Check out my gallery of original ride music...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GLbC...layer_embedded

Seems like an attempt at writing a synchronised soundtrack to BTM, ŕ la Space Mountain (De La Terre ŕ La Lune). A very rough synthesizer version at that. I'm all for the current music though .
    Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mission Seagull View Post
    Where's the ref? Hello, uneccessary roughness...
    If stuff is put out there, then people should be prepared for criticism.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Silly Bird?

If stuff is put out there, then people should be prepared for criticism.
    I'm all for criticism; let it be constructive. You're not saying anything about the work, you're insulting my ego and my character.

You don't know me, and I assume you don't know most of the other people on these boards and therefore you are in no position to make a judgment call on talent, intention or credence. Believe it or not, I think I agree with you that BTM doesn't NEED a soundtrack, so we're not so different you and I. If the music isn't a style, sound or flavor that you like, or if you are a qualified music critic and have something more educated to say about what you've heard then please say that rather than say something mean like, ...too little talent. I'd even be cool if you said "I don't like this," and that is a more appropriate criticism than what you did say.

I hope in the future that you play nice, because I'd hate to think how someone else with less confidence in themselves than me might react to such a harsh and negative attack. This is a forum about the Disney parks, specifically the Paris Disneyland, and I don't believe it's namesake would take to your strain of rudeness with any enthusiasm.
    "You know it's a funny thing, but when I drink too many Gin and Tonics I start to glow in the dark."

• Senior Minion

I'm all for criticism; let it be constructive. You're not saying anything about the work, you're insulting my ego and my character.
    I did neither. In your OP you posed the question 'What's this about?'. I simply answered the question. I may have phrased things differently if you had asked a less open-ended question or indeed if you had made clear that you were the creator.

You don't know me.
    Nor you me.

therefore you are in no position to make a judgment call on talent, intention or credence.
    On the contrary, I have every right to make a judgement on your talent and did. You just didn't like my opinion. I refer you to the old saying 'it's a free country'. If you only want positive and/or constructive comments then I suggest you only show your work to your close friends and family.

Believe it or not, I think I agree with you that BTM doesn't NEED a soundtrack, so we're not so different you and I.
    Read my posts. I did not say anything like that.

If the music isn't a style, sound or flavor that you like, or if you are a qualified music critic and have something more educated to say about what you've heard then please say that rather than say something mean like, ...too little talent. I'd even be cool if you said "I don't like this," and that is a more appropriate criticism than what you did say.
    I don't like this

I hope in the future that you play nice, because I'd hate to think how someone else with less confidence in themselves than me might react to such a harsh and negative attack.

This is a forum about the Disney parks, specifically the Paris Disneyland, and I don't believe it's namesake would take to your strain of rudeness with any enthusiasm.
    You clearly have not done your homework on that one. The 'namesake' that you refer to was all but happy to say it as it was and not really care who he upset. It was how the standard of the work was so high.

I am not a bad person. I am not a mean person. However, I am an honest and blunt person. I stand by the fact that if an opinion is sought out, then the seeker should expect knocks. If the mods think I was unfair then I expect they would have stepped in by now. If they wish to do so at this point, I would welcome it. Either way, I stand by my right to have an opinion and express it.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Silly Bird?

I am not a bad person. I am not a mean person. However, I am an honest and blunt person. I stand by the fact that if an opinion is sought out, then the seeker should expect knocks. If the mods think I was unfair then I expect they would have stepped in by now. If they wish to do so at this point, I would welcome it. Either way, I stand by my right to have an opinion and express it.
    I concede to you on this point. I want to acknowledge that the mods are the voice of objectivity and you are correct, if there was any breach of protocol on your part they would have stepped in.

Additionally, I'd like to apologize as I never meant to imply that you are a mean person, or a bad person. I appreciate your feedback, however blunt and thank you for your interest.

• Minion

I'll admit from the title it wasn't apparent that you'd created it.

Knowing such I can give honest feedback. I personally don't think BTM needs SOBAT or onride music, based on the music you have scored for it I would say though its not my taste, it veers too far from the original mantle portrayed in the queueline which are simply instrumentals of classic western era music. Though I can understand why you'd like an original piece of music, the ride is more a nostalgic look on an idealised train ride through a hllywoodised wild west. I'm also aware that this was synthesised, maybe if time prohibits more realistic/real instruments could be better used to showcase. I'd say the synthesised music is jarring in comparison to the photo realism of the mountain.

I'm not a music expert, but I do have ears. A good attempt but its not what I would've imagined for onride music at DLP's BTM.

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    ... it veers too far from the original mantle portrayed in the queueline which are simply instrumentals of classic western era music. Though I can understand why you'd like an original piece of music, the ride is more a nostalgic look on an idealised train ride through a hllywoodised wild west. I'm also aware that this was synthesised, maybe if time prohibits more realistic/real instruments could be better used to showcase. I'd say the synthesised music is jarring in comparison to the photo realism of the mountain.

I'm not a music expert, but I do have ears. A good attempt but its not what I would've imagined for onride music at DLP's BTM.
    I appreciate the sympathy vote regarding my Garageband 2 orchestra/synth, however I must take responsibility for taking the cheap route with delivering this recording and accept that it's not fair for the listener.

I didn't think about the queue music when setting this up and if I were the sound designer on the job then there's no doubt reconciling the existing music with my score would be impossible. I wrote a different piece for Disneyland's BTMRR with a whole Stan Jones inspired arrangement that probably touches those familiar Autry/Rogers cowboy sounds everyone knows and loves.

Thanks for calling it a "good" attempt, I'm afraid I still worry it's not the best I could do, but like Disneyland it's never finished; with your (I mean everyone of course) help I hope to refine my methods and make for more appealing music down the trail.

I've rewatched your movie, and now knowing more about the context in which this was made, I must say that this is actually pretty good! If anything, I applaud you for your creativeness. This is what I love about Disney, how it can inspire people in such ways. Can you imagine any other park that inspires people to come up with original scores for its attractions?
    Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

• Silly Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Rabbit View Post
    I've rewatched your movie, and now knowing more about the context in which this was made, I must say that this is actually pretty good! If anything, I applaud you for your creativeness. This is what I love about Disney, how it can inspire people in such ways. Can you imagine any other park that inspires people to come up with original scores for its attractions?
    Thanks for your enthusiasm. And your right, it's really awe-inspiring to step back and see just how inspirational the Disney Theme Park experience really is, to us and millions of others.

I also have some scores up on my channel for coasters at Six Flags Magic Mountain, just to see if a little mood could be injected there. The results are mixed, give it a listen if you have the time.

And thanks for your second listen; thanks in fact to everyone that lent me your ears, I am really blessed to have your time and support.

• Senior Minion

I concede to you on this point. I want to acknowledge that the mods are the voice of objectivity and you are correct, if there was any breach of protocol on your part they would have stepped in.

Additionally, I'd like to apologize as I never meant to imply that you are a mean person, or a bad person. I appreciate your feedback, however blunt and thank you for your interest.
    You being so damned nice about it has made me I feel like a complete heel!

I'm sorry if I upset you mate.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast