Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

General DLP Chit Chat!

Just thought i'd start a generic DLP chat thread, as a place where you can ask anything and talk about anything DLP.

I've been thinking recently, do they sell prints of the old attraction posters? because i'm after getting hold of the old "Excursions Lunares" and "Le Visionarium" posters since they were of such a high quality.

I was also wondering, of the regulars to DLP, where are you preffered eateries? any you would recommend, any you wouldn't?

Re: General DLP Chit Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    I've been thinking recently, do they sell prints of the old attraction posters? because i'm after getting hold of the old "Excursions Lunares" and "Le Visionarium" posters since they were of such a high quality.
    Unfortunately they don't, and that's a real shame. They would fly off the shelves! In Disneyland in California and Walt Disney World they do sell attraction posters though.
    Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

Well you could always search a picture on Internet and see if you can get that turned into a poster? sounds like a idea to me!
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

• Minion

I don't remember them selling the posters but I wish they would.

As for eateries, can't really recommend any in the parks. I ate at Annette's the last time, that was ok.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomBoy View Post
    Well you could always search a picture on Internet and see if you can get that turned into a poster? sounds like a idea to me!
    What I've done one time is scan an attraction poster image in Alain Littaye's book 'From Sketch to Reality' in really high dpi and then enlarge it, but the quality just isn't the same.
    Check out my collection of self-made Disney Theme Park Designs at http://www.themeparkdesign.be

• Minion

Thanks for the feedback, If I was to scan it in, convert it to a vector and enlarge it maybe? hmm :P I do have some small copies of attraction posters from an obscure website, as soon as I find the source i'll post a link.

I've eaten at Annettes before, its just so far out of the way. because I get a bit bored of Cafe Hyperion I tend to go to Pizziera Bella Notte or Toad Hall (which has a churlish changing portrait).

Hmm, what are everyones plans when they go to DLP? just wondered if everyone does it the same way I do (which in't really special, just routine).

Quote Originally Posted by Joelio View Post
    I've eaten at Annettes before, its just so far out of the way. because I get a bit bored of Cafe Hyperion I tend to go to Pizziera Bella Notte or Toad Hall (which has a churlish changing portrait).
    To me all the food at the parks tastes pretty much the same (not that good), so for me it's all about the atmosphere and theming of the restaurants and thankfully each and everyone of them delivers in that regard (not considering the Studios). I've especially alway liked the underappreciated Explorers Club (or Colonel Hathi or whatever it's called these days).

• Senior Minion

I found Toad Hall to be terrible.

My favourite eateries are Walt's (natch), Cafe Mickey and The Steak House.

I agree that the theming helps to cover the cracks of the generally poor food but the above are all at least a little above average.

Did I hear that The Blue Lagoon had refound its groove?
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I found Toad Hall to be terrible.

My favourite eateries are Walt's (natch), Cafe Mickey and The Steak House.

I agree that the theming helps to cover the cracks of the generally poor food but the above are all at least a little above average.

Did I hear that The Blue Lagoon had refound its groove?
    last time i went there i really enjoyed it the blue lagoon , I had a dish i could eat seriously the dish you could eat
    And i find it funny that disney makes people suffer while they can smell found lol
    Here come's the bride.
    As long as we live.
    Till death do us part.
    You may kiss the bride.

I am also a regular DLP visitor and would like to offer my opinion on some of the DLP restaurants. In Disney Village, we usually go to Rainforest Cafe. The food is ok, but the atmosphere is unbeatable. King Ludwigs has good food too. In Disneyland Parc we love Blue Lagoon, and I can say that the food quality is quite good nowadays. I can remember it wasn't so good in the past. For fast food we like the Pizza Outpost (also for atmosphere) and the Fuento del Oro (i'm not a big hamburger fan). The Studios could really use some good restaurants. We also like the food at the hotel restaurants. Sante Fe has a good value buffet, but the food at Seqouia Lodge is also quite good.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

We have been to DLP 54 times over the last 18 years. Sadly the quality choices are diminished more and more each year. For us, the quality choices are:

Table Service:

Silver Spur (always go here, every trip, awesome)
    Walt's
    Auberge De Cindrillon (expensive, but it includes your wine and 7 photos - the food and service are sublime)
    California Grill (best restaurant in DLP)
    Steakhouse
    Annette's

For counter service we always go for:

Fuente del Oro (though I am angry they reduced the menu choices)
    Cowboy Cookout BBQ
    Casey's Corner

Everywhere else has been so dumbed down, we are more likely to go to Val D Europe for dinner where they have great restaurants (including Indian, Italian, Chinese, Korean, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Japanese etc.) for a fraction of the price.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Minion

Welcome to MC erider.

Thanks for the feedback, the only reason I was curious is because I normally spend really full long days in the park, from EMH to close for the duration of my trip (usually 5-7 days).

I've eaten at the Cowboy Cookout once, which was nice but the portion size was surprisingly large (which is good for10 euros I guess). I've never had a propr meal at Fuente Del Oro, but I'm a fan of Churros and hot chocolate. Never been to the California Grill or even seen it (where is it? :P). Never knew about Walts till I bought my "From Sketch to Reality", not too sure how I hadn't noticed it before. I also have no idea where Auberge de Cindrillon is.

I'll admit though, we only go to Toad Hall for a change of scenerey/themery. I find the menu choice of Fish/Chips and .... tomato soup to be a bit strange. Fish and Chips fine, but why Tomato soup i'm unsure.

I've eaten at the Blue Lagoon before (when I was about 10) and although I had a simple childs dish I found the atmosphere to be ruined by some noisy and inconsiderate guests wishing I enjoyed my meal not to mention all those flash photo's.

To be honest, I should refind my map, most of these eateries i've just never seen/heardof which is worrying, i'm meant to be a DLP buff.

Funny how opinions can be so different on the Fuento del Oro. I like the fajitas there. The California Grill is one of the two restaurants at the Disneyland hotel. The other is Inventions, which is a very good buffet with caracters (but expensive). Walts is great too, and is the best themed restaurant in Disneyland Parc, after Blue Lagoon (in my opinion). The noise at Blue Lagoon is ok I think, you mostly hear "Bon appetit" coming from the passing boats. I think you get more value for your money by going to the sit down restaurants then from fast food. I do also love sitting outside at Toads Hall btw. Still have to try the new buffet at Pizza Planet. Anyone go there yet?

• Everthing is Satisfactual

Ones I like are -

Table service:

Walt's - Food & atmosphere are both great
    Blue Lagoon - Food is better now, atmosphere is great
    Disney Village Steakhouse - Steaks are always very good here

Counter service:

Cowboy Cookout BBQ - Large portions, live music (if you go at the right time) and nice atmosphere
    Toad Hall - Food isn't great, but love the atmosphere, and only fast food fish you can get.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by erider View Post
    I am also a regular DLP visitor and would like to offer my opinion on some of the DLP restaurants. In Disney Village, we usually go to Rainforest Cafe. The food is ok, but the atmosphere is unbeatable.
    Although I have not found Rainforest's atmosphere any better than any of the Disney eateries, I did find their service to far outstrip that of Disney.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast