• Minion

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Euro Disney S.C.A. reports Revenues for the Nine Months ended June 30, 2010.

Third quarter resort revenues increased 5% to 323 million, reflecting higher guest spending, hotel occupancy and attendance

Third quarter real estate revenues increased by 50 million, due to a significant sale of a property which had been subject to a long term ground lease

Nine-month year-to-date revenues increased 3% to 893 million, reflecting an increase in real estate activity partially offset by declines in attendance and hotel occupancy at the Resort in the first semester

Commenting on the results, Philippe Gas, Chief Executive Officer of Euro Disney S.A.S, said:
    "We are encouraged by the improvement in our third quarter revenues, as our resort revenues grew by 5% versus the prior year. This revenue increase was driven primarily by higher guest spending as well as an increase in our hotel occupancy and parks attendance. In addition, our third quarter revenues also benefitted from a significant real estate transaction in Val d'Europe. Our total year-to-date revenues are now up 3% over the prior year.

On August 17, we will open three new attractions in
    Toy Story Playland themed to the very successful Disney/Pixar Toy Story franchise. Bringing Disney stories to life through iconic attractions, entertainment, character experiences and great guest service by our Cast Members is what makes Disneyland Paris Europe's number one tourist destination."
    http://corporate.disneylandparis.com...ne-30-2010.pdf
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• Minion

Re: Euro Disney S.C.A. reports Revenues for the Nine Months ended June 30, 2010.

So despite an improved quarter it still hasn't stopped them from making massive cutbacks this year on entertainment and park hours. Its a no brainer spending would be up since the Resort has started selling actual merchandise people want to buy.

I'm also not suprised attendance and occupancy is up since the company have offered vacation packages at a heavily reduced rate.

• Senior Minion

Re: Euro Disney S.C.A. reports Revenues for the Nine Months ended June 30, 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I'm also not suprised attendance and occupancy is up since the company have offered vacation packages at a heavily reduced rate.
    And hopefully they will learn from this. A reduced holiday package encourages more guests to come and to spend more when they get there. Without the 40% offs etc I genuinely believe that DLP has started to price itself out of the holiday market.

These figures are encouraging considering the massive economic slump we are in the midst of.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• Minion

My problem with them slashing the hotel rates is that it can seriously cut into the profits. Unless the Resort is able to make bigger profits though Guests spending. I'm not sure the 40% discounts are the way forward.

I don't find the results too suprising since most of the big European markets have been officially out of recession for months now. I do feel despite no love for it myself that the Company made a big costly mistake not opening TSPL earlier. The final quarter will likely not be so strong as it could be with TSPL opening so late into it.

Glad I was able to do my part when I was there. I sure spent a lot of money at DLP in June. It was by far the most expensive part of my England/France trip. Although that was mostly by choice because I seem to like to buy Disney stuff.
    WDW: 1981, 1986, 2008, 2012
    DLR: 1999, 2009
    DLP: 2010

Like the Beatles? Check out my blog Meet the Beatles for Real
    http://meetthebeatlesforreal.blogspot.com/

• Hitchhiker

That is a very good result. But it had to be, because EDL is obliged to pay a hefty sum of its debt this year.
    ----
    Cheers,
    Zarniwoop